review/bugreport after 30 hours into the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Len12

Recruit
hi guys,

just want to give some feedback after playing the game for 30 hours 2 days after the release to give some insight for people who do not have the time to play the game.

for me the game breaks after 400 days ingame time when one fraction takes over the complete map, so i want to make this the main focus to see it fixed as soon as possible.
bannerlol.jpg

i did not play as a merc or support that fraction in any way, it just happened on its own, so i think this might happen every game. i dont have the time to make a 2nd session of 30 hours. right now, i m just defending armies of 1000+ soldiers that come sent our way every week. i m playing on the "realistic" difficulty, so destroying big armies on my own is not an option. here we come to the 2nd problem.

fighting "endgame" army vs army with ai and reinforcements is not working as intended. if you only control half of the army, your ally will sometimes pull his army back once you are engaged with a flank and wait until your units are dead so he a better chance of winning.
banner2.jpg

the AI in big fights with reinforcements is imo broken. i have it set to 500 soldiers per match, so if you fight with 450 soldiers vs 500, there will be only 500 guys on the map and after time some more will respawn at the starting area. this results into making the ai fall back to their reinforcements and stack up there until you arrive. your and your allies units will then run after the enemy in small groups and get defeated by running into a 200 man army with only having 10 men at a time. you will still get reinforcements, but they only spawn in 10-20 man packs and run over the whole map just to be killed by the 200 man pack.

some general combat problems:
- archer are the best unit against mounted units o_O
- your whole formation of the army is decided not where the main bulk of the enemy is, but the closest one, so 5 horsemen can make your whole army rotate and go out of position while a 300 man army comes from the side
- soldiers in sieges get stuck a lot
- hero feels unrewarding in melee combat and you are forced to play as an archer (at least with realistic difficulty settings)

ballancing problems:
- its too easy to make gold
- your units die too often and there is no real way like in M%B to skill into surgery
- enemy armies are easy to outplay with many ranged units

bandit hideouts and spy-quests are impossible or too hard. i have a team of 8 people that sometimes have to fight against 50 enemies. yes, i can fight them in small packs of 8v8 and i can park all the untis that are not lvl 5 or 6 in my castles so i dont have to deal with rng, but i still lose the fights when there are some ranged guys that just snipe my guys.
i spent 1,5 hours to search for a bearded guy with no scars and hair io his head in Pravend just to get frustrated after not finding him.

at this point, i dont know where the game is going atm. i will update with what happens once one fraction conquers the whole world.

Last edited:
i fast forwarded the whole time after day 400.

now i m at day 551 and every town and castle is owned by the same fraction. ending the game for me now. but i think it had no point in playing after about day 200 oder 250 when one faction started to take over.

maybe the point of the game is to "bring balance" to the world and be the chosen one, lol

i prefer the longer matches as in the first game of mount and blade. this one just seems like it has not been alpha tested or not played by one of the defs at all, if a lot or every game turns out like my session.

b4.jpg

the npc heroes now just patrol between all the towns and castles and gather troops or sell stuff.

game over, you lose, i guess

Contrasting experience: I just hit day 400 and my map is still not close to being taken over by anyone.

but some factions get absorbed or destoryed, sooner or later it will happen in your game too, i guess. in some cases it just happens sooner.

It seems like some factions can definitely steamroll fast. I've had 2 longer games now and my first game saw the southern empire wiped out by day 100. 2nd game now I'm with southern pushing against northern, we expanded fast and then got pushed back hard. Some balancing will definitely help but it is not an every game thing for me yet.

the AI in big fights with reinforcements is imo broken. i have it set to 500 soldiers per match, so if you fight with 450 soldiers vs 500, there will be only 500 guys on the map and after time some more will respawn at the starting area. this results into making the ai fall back to their reinforcements and stack up there until you arrive. your and your allies units will then run after the enemy in small groups and get defeated by running into a 200 man army with only having 10 men at a time. you will still get reinforcements, but they only spawn in 10-20 man packs and run over the whole map just to be killed by the 200 man pack.

This buggy army ai reactions were in warband as well. Exeactly like that. a shame they were not able to improve ai for a better end game......

Plz Plz dont say its ea. i bet they wont fix it in a way im expecting for a 8 years development. the same bugs were in warband after 3 yesrs of patching just very very unexperienced people like u would say that will be fixed. its a problem of the whole ai, fear never fixable or why warband had this **** too after 1mio patches? . The ai in bannerlord is a copy of that broken ai so nothing will solve that problem. Listen to my words. At the end i will be right

The ai in bannerlord is a copy of that broken ai so nothing will solve that problem. Listen to my words. At the end i will be right

i have seen the enemy using shieldwall formations to move against my archers. whole armies falling back into a better position. troops getting back into a formation in the middle of combat.

i think they have added a lot of more features compared to warbands, but some of the old problems are still there

started a new session. just in the beginning i loot a body armor worth 70k from a 4 man raider hideout. this seems gamebreaking to me.
loot.jpg

hi guys,

just want to give some feedback after playing the game for 30 hours 2 days after the release to give some insight for people who do not have the time to play the game.

for me the game breaks after 400 days ingame time when one fraction takes over the complete map, so i want to make this the main focus to see it fixed as soon as possible.
bannerlol.jpg

i did not play as a merc or support that fraction in any way, it just happened on its own, so i think this might happen every game. i dont have the time to make a 2nd session of 30 hours. right now, i m just defending armies of 1000+ soldiers that come sent our way every week. i m playing on the "realistic" difficulty, so destroying big armies on my own is not an option. here we come to the 2nd problem.

fighting "endgame" army vs army with ai and reinforcements is not working as intended. if you only control half of the army, your ally will sometimes pull his army back once you are engaged with a flank and wait until your units are dead so he a better chance of winning.
banner2.jpg

some general combat problems:
- archer are the best unit against mounted units o_O
- your whole formation of the army is decided not where the main bulk of the enemy is, but the closest one, so 5 horsemen can make your whole army rotate and go out of position while a 300 man army comes from the side
- soldiers in sieges get stuck a lot
- hero feels unrewarding in melee combat and you are forced to play as an archer (at least with realistic difficulty settings)

ballancing problems:
- its too easy to make gold
- your units die too often and there is no real way like in M%B to skill into surgery
- enemy armies are easy to outplay with many ranged units

bandit hideouts and spy-quests are impossible or too hard. i have a team of 8 people that sometimes have to fight against 50 enemies. yes, i can fight them in small packs of 8v8 and i can park all the untis that are not lvl 5 or 6 in my castles so i dont have to deal with rng, but i still lose the fights when there are some ranged guys that just snipe my guys.
i spent 1,5 hours to search for a bearded guy with no scars and hair io his head in Pravend just to get frustrated after not finding him.

at this point, i dont know where the game is going atm. i will update with what happens once one fraction conquers the whole world.

Very good points! Except units don't die too often, at least not in my case. Ofc there are other issues also but what you wrote over here should be top priority for the devs.

Back
Top Bottom