Crouch order

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this a thing? Can you order your troops to crouch to "simulate" an ambush? I don't know if it can work in SP but in MP with the reduced sound of footsteps when you crouch it could be a viable strategy before ordering fire at will for ranged troops (we don't have ambushes but they could be simulated in MP in this way)

Well, there wouldn't be a point, because you cannot attack or block in any way shape or form while crouched. Seems like something they forgot to add until late stages.

Well, there wouldn't be a point, because you cannot attack or block in any way shape or form while crouched. Seems like something they forgot to add until late stages.
The point would be getting to an ambush position without being heard or seen and from there stand up and launch a fast attack (I am thinking a forest, a road with ditches on the sides, that sort of thing). Crouching order would be useful as well to make your character and your squad smaller targets for archers because you can block with a shield while in crouch position

The point would be getting to an ambush position without being heard or seen and from there stand up and launch a fast attack (I am thinking a forest, a road with ditches on the sides, that sort of thing). Crouching order would be useful as well to make your character and your squad smaller targets for archers because you can block with a shield while in crouch position
This doesn't make sense in a single game, since bots always see each other and know exactly where to go.

I just don't see the point in adding crouching if you cant order your troops to crouch too. It should have its uses if they want to add pikes and phalanx formations, or a pike and shot mod (to order your front troops to crouch when they have shot their round so that the line behind you can fire and so on)

Last edited:
I just don't see the point in adding crouching if you cant order your troops to crouch too. It should have its uses if they want to add pikes and phalanx formations, or a pike and shot mod (to order your front troops to crouch when they have shot their round so that the linke behind you can fire and so on)

Agreed. Makes sense

I just don't see the point in adding crouching if you cant order your troops to crouch too. It should have its uses if they want to add pikes and phalanx formations, or a pike and shot mod (to order your front troops to crouch when they have shot their round so that the line behind you can fire and so on)
Like I said, it seems like something they forgot to add until later stages. I'm sure more functionality will be added to crouching as we go deeper into Early Access. Here's hoping anyways.

Back
Top Bottom