Battle summary

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyEyes said:
Uh, I don't know, Berserker, wouldn't you like to know how many people you killed of theirs and how many of yours died? Knowledge is power, know thine enemy.

... or if thine enemy is dead.

I think your running kill tally should be somewhere in the 'Statistics' section of your profile. Just to make you feel more manleh!
For instance:
BORCHA:
Killed: 43
Knocked out: 23
Killed Friendly: 1,034
Knocked out Friendly: 13,041
Been bitten by his lord for being a foolish man to give a throwing axe: 56,000,135.

CrazyEyes said:
It would be even better if it was a loyal, random soldier telling you this, so it would be like:

Swadian Knight: "My Lord, you killed 6 Vaegir Knights, 10 Vaegir Archers, and 2 Vaegir Footmen. Lord Borcha killed... etc... Lord Marnid killed... etc... We killed everything else. My friend died. I'm sad now."

How would he know how many men I killed? I think I'd know that best myself. I only need to know who of my party died. And maybe the enemy casualties as well. Short and sweet, nothing fancy. It would be impossible to figure out exactly who killed who anyway, realistically speaking.

Berserker-at-axe said:
in a game like M&B,I'm not sure anybody would even look at it...you simply don't need to know that

Then just make it an option that can be disabled. Or beter yet have it be a seperate button alltogether, like "push tab to end battle, push shift to see current battle summary (to allow it to be seen in the middle or extended battles as well). I agree to keep it short and sweet though, just the useful data on who is alive and not on both sides.

Yes, this would be a pretty useful tool..  i would like to see how useful i was in the battle and how useful my other units are.  good idea.

P.S.  sorry for using "useful" too much.

Wait, you actually count how many mountain bandits you kill? I just keep riding the horse with my sword sticking out...

I agree on having just a brief summary at the end of a battle, regarding you and your heroes' kills and bundling up the army's kill so its not too detailed.

Also, it might be nice to have a total kill count (I think mine has reached the thousands mark..)

I would like to see own losses after battle and maybe my units kills as i know very well my own kills after battle  :smile:

Why would people object to this? A summary of..

# = Number.

My kills (#).
NPC 1 kills (#).
NPC 2 kills (#).
My army kills (#).
Allied army kills (#).
My army losses (Type and #).
Allied army losses (Type and #).

Sounds good to me. Although I'm not sure if the allied/my army distinction can actually be easily made by the game.

Just have an option to turn it off if you don't like it, or attach the report to a button you can choose to press (or not) after the battle is over.

Maelith.

If it is a summary like when you tell your troops to fight without you, then yes. I also wanted something like that. Because some times you lost 10 troops and never see the messages of their deaths when your fighting... So if after every battle you were prompt with the summary screen, then cheers.

But not if its going to go in-depth about who kills who. It would be a long list that everyone would want removed. save time and hassle later, "K.I.S.S."

-ST

What's the difference? If you want to ignore them, it's the same number of clicks to do so no matter how complex the list is.

Maelith.

I definitely agree about an end battle summary but a simple one... Nobody cares how many kills a corssbowman got anyway.

A "slayed" statistic chart could be easily implemented I guess... but what for? We aren't WWII pilots who paint cross or circles on their fighter.

A very nice adiction in the end battle summary is the horse status. I hate to check it everytime (and find out that my horse is good only for the lunch:roll:) Also, sayin' how many denairs and exp you got in the battle would be a nice addition.

To make anyone happy we can do this as a 2 pages scroll. The first summarizes losses (only your party) horse status, loot, and exp gained. The second presents the full battle log (cronologically) and maybe a detailed report on who killed who, but imo it's a total waste of time, cuz nobody would look at them if not on exceptional cases.

Personally, this is a must have for the game. I would love to be able to keep track of the amount of kills my character has made, even though it would soon reach ridiculous levels!

This is a great idea :smile:

I advocate a permanent kill-counter. Even Starcraft had a killcounter for each unit.. although it was limited to 255 and didn't count further kills :wink: Imagine all the units have names of their own, and level up further ...

There could be some message after the battle

Sir Dreadlord the Swadian Knight... + 7 kills
Sword Sister Sandy..................... + 2 kills

and have the units' stats further increased if you manage to keep them alive for, say 20 kills or so :wink: infinite possibilities open up before my sore eyes...

So, this would not only be for statistic-geeks like me but would add to the RPG-factor.

I'd prefer to ASK the unit himself to give me a report. Like the Vaegir Captain saying " My Lord, upon te battle faced, we spend ____ hours fighting the battle. ___ Soldiers are wounded and ____ killed. Our soldiers have killed _____ and captured ____ prisoners. The upkeep and repair of the armors would cost ____ and we have used ____ of food while fighting. ____ number of  (unit types) are ready for upgrade, my lord. "

Then you can choose to pay for their armor upkeep and reward the group which you think did alot of killing.

i would like a simple battle summary like, hit percentage with ranged and mele, blocking proficencie, and perhaps a perk like how many shield broke or horses taken down.

I'm really surprised at the resistance to this idea--keeping track of how many kills each unit -type- (not each -unit-, thanks) has in a battle would allow you over time to maximize your force's composition to yield the best combination of troops.  It's true that I'm a sucker for statistics, but even a very general battle summary would be nice, since finding out who you lost exactly in a huge party is difficult after a battle.  I'd also like headshots, highest shot rating, and # of kills viewable as statistics from the character screen of heroes, incidentally.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom