BNL EYW - New Bandits, your choice...

What bandits should be in the mod and what should their strength be?

• Watergeuzen, Beggars at Sea - Moderate Armour

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Slikgeuzen, Beggars in Swamps - Weak Armour

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bosgeuzen, Beggars in the Woods - Weak Armour

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Deutsch Meuterer, German Mutineer - Strong Armour

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Italiano Mercenarie, Italian Mercenary - Strong Armour

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Please make your choice between these bandit groups. You can vote twice and if you have any suggestions, please add them to the topic. If you think they should have better armour, or weaker or you have a better suggestion, please post them.

Arvinho said:
Watergeuzen en Bosgeuzen, they were the most famous back then

Bosgeuzen and slikgeuzen can be one banditgroup, only difference between the 2 groups is that the slik-ones were bandits in swamps :wink: but both fought on land.
And who knows, aren't those bandits just the same :smile:

And can't you put all 4 in them? Just  a questions, gives some more difference between bandits :smile:

Like the watergeuzen on the sea, the deutsche are in the location of the wallon faction

And bos and slik around friesen and holland? :smile:

Otherwise I would go for moderate and strong ones, because I want some better bandits :smile:

Please use the english variant of "geuzen" in here :smile:

It's an international board, so let's use the english Beggars :wink:

Peralta said:

Geuzen and beggars is not really the same...

Some beggars were later geuzen, but not all geuzen were beggars.
It was more a sobriquet than a synonym.

And I thought for the troops that names in the language of that faction were used? And Geuzen are Dutch/Flemish, so ... :wink:

Even on wikipedia is Geuzen used and NOT beggars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen
If you put Sea Beggars in the search place you will be redirected to the Geuzen article(Okey, as translation in the article is Sea Beggars used :smile:

Okey, Wikipedia is not really a reliable site, but still you can trust it a bit  :lol:

Anyway, I'll try to think about it.

Swordyke said:
Peralta said:

Geuzen and beggars is not really the same...

Some beggars were later geuzen, but not all geuzen were beggars.
It was more a sobriquet than a synonym.

And I thought for the troops that names in the language of that faction were used? And Geuzen are Dutch/Flemish, so ... :wink:

Even on wikipedia is Geuzen used and NOT beggars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen
If you put Sea Beggars in the search place you will be redirected to the Geuzen article(Okey, as translation in the article is Sea Beggars used :smile:

Okey, Wikipedia is not really a reliable site, but still you can trust it a bit  :lol:

Anyway, I'll try to think about it.

First line of the wiki article:
Geuzen (French: Les Gueux, English: the Beggars

And yes, we decided to do that, but we will also release a fully english version :wink:

Peralta said:
Swordyke said:
(Okey, as translation in the article is Sea Beggars used :smile:)

First line of the wiki article:
Geuzen (French: Les Gueux, English: the Beggars

And yes, we decided to do that, but we will also release a fully english version :wink:

Saw the text in bold? :p No need to correct me :wink:

Ah already saw a bit about this english version :wink:
Also knew that there were some problems with prices or something.

Yup, they are done. Full English translation is in now and I did quite some bugfixes today. Only the map needs some serious maintainence. I do not know when it will be done, but it shouldn't take really long anymore.

EDIT: Added a new bandit-group, Italian Mercenaries.

They were hired by Spanish, Dutch and Flanders also. And because of the Bourgondian empire which was before this period, they used a lot of Italian mercenaries. So they were still a bit around, not very much but still. Can't a historical reference of it, but I am sure its not historical fact-murder to include them:wink:.

Well, the Spanish Tercios were formed by many Germans and Italians, and the problem with their wages made some of them to desert, I think it's a good reason to include them, as the only thing they know really well is fighting.

Something really interesting is how the Tercios soldiers acted when they didn't received their wages: most of the times they rebel against their captains, but if they would have to go to battle, they would fight even without being paid, so the only one faulting his duty was the captain who doesn't pay what he owe to his soldiers.

(if you have understood what I've written, congratulations  :oops:)

I understand it :grin:. Interesting story about the Tercio's can use it I think. I will close the poll tomorrow and then we will have a pretty good image of what bandits can be added.

Could be an interesting battle...

In Fernando Álvarez de Toledo (Duque de Alba) words: "the battle that for many years was the only victory of a Dutchman army in open field".

With what we can help you, Jezze?

You mean on the field of Quik Battles? Haven't thought about it much until now. The battle Arvinho suggested is a good one and the one where beggars are invading Den Brielle.

Back
Top Bottom