SP Fantasy Giants versus Dwarves - v0.2 released

Users who are viewing this thread

Have to ask this, due to what sometimes happens to missiles when they hit a re-sized scene prop... do they sometimes suddenly appear huge after hitting a giant?  It wouldn't bother me, just wondering.

The mod looks FUN.  Wish I could do the bone re-sizing thing with any success, but I'm just useless with 3D programs generally.

Flanged said:
Have to ask this, due to what sometimes happens to missiles when they hit a re-sized scene prop... do they sometimes suddenly appear huge after hitting a giant?  It wouldn't bother me, just wondering.

The mod looks FUN.  Wish I could do the bone re-sizing thing with any success, but I'm just useless with 3D programs generally.

well ive never seen that happen.
the bone resizing is actually pretty easy, when you get the hang of it, the only hard part is when you change the proportion, then you have to move bones around, im useless with 3d programs too :grin:

its possible now that highelf gave me permission to use his stuff, but i dont wanna rip off him too much :grin:
i made a skeleton slightly larger than normal (about 120%) for the orcs, trolls and minotaurs.

WookieWarlord said:
its possible now that highelf gave me permission to use his stuff, but i dont wanna rip off him too much :grin:
i made a skeleton slightly larger than normal (about 120%) for the orcs, trolls and minotaurs.

So pretty much dwarves are going to be the only normal sized mofos?
What about the trees? xD

WookieWarlord said:
yea they are normal. im gonna add elves as well.

Trolls, Giants, and orcs should be a minor faction.

Either that or you can make it good versus evil.

Humies,Pointy ears, and puntable peoples should be good.

Then the others should be bad.

LoL 1 hit from one of those giants and you are finished and i wont even say anything about trying to attack the castle lol try to climb up and see him waiting to launch you in the space

I can help you with diplomacy.  I also failed when editing the diplomacy script.  So I decided to use triggers.  Basically if two people are at war who shouldn't be it calls the force peace script.  If they are at peace it calls the make war script.  Simpler than messing with the actual scripts.
And you probably have this planned already but if you add orcs/goblins in they can be a sixth faction and balance out the teams.

(24*7, 0, 0,[
            (store_relation, ":reln", "fac_kingdom_6", "fac_kingdom_3"),
            (ge,":reln",0)],
  [(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_3", "fac_kingdom_6", 1),
  ]),
(24*7, 0, 0,[
            (store_relation, ":reln", "fac_kingdom_1", "fac_kingdom_3"),
  [(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_1", "fac_kingdom_3", 1),
  ]),
(24*7, 0, 0,[(eq,"$g_time_of_darkness",1),#This is an example of a trigger to a war. Once you assign $time_of_darkness to 1 then permanent war is declared.
            (store_relation, ":reln", "fac_kingdom_2", "fac_kingdom_1"),
  [(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_2", "fac_kingdom_1", 1),
  ]),
(24*7, 0, 0,[#Here is the peace script.  I am less sure on this one but it should work.
            (store_relation, ":reln", "fac_kingdom_2", "fac_kingdom_1"),
            (le,":reln",0)],
            [(assign, "$g_force_peace_faction_1", "fac_kingdom_1"),
            (assign, "$g_force_peace_faction_2", "fac_kingdom_2"),
  ]),
Just put the triggers at the end of the file but before the last ].  And make sure the trigger before these has a comma at the very end.

Back
Top Bottom