Shadow Rising - A Wheel of Time Mod - Beta Release v0.3.1 - August 12, 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Feral said:
Sure, I'd like to take a look at it if you can find it. I haven't played RTW so I don't know what kind of format it would be in, but there might be some art or something I could use. I would want to find the original creators to get permission to use their work. If it has been dead a while that might be a problem.

I'll see if I can find it. And I'll try to find out if the modders really did release it as open source.

Btw, sent you a PM.

Channeling is what you do when you're using the One Power, or using magic. You need to find a "Man in Black" in one of the taverns to learn different weaves, or spells.

Dúnadan said:
Channeling is what you do when you're using the One Power, or using magic. You need to find a "Man in Black" in one of the taverns to learn different weaves, or spells.

If you are playing as a man the "Man in Black" can teach you. If you are playing as a woman you might want to check Tar Valon.

Interesting, the trolloc scalable head is impressive!
I'll definitely try this one when I get home.

If you needed any concept art done, I think I remember the WoT world quite well. :wink:

Ogastus said:
"Learn to Channel – Once your channeling skill hits 25 search the taverns to find a teacher"
What is it about? Where can I check my channeling skill?

In your main character window Channeling should be listed along with your other weapon skills.

Ryan_Brook said:
Feral, what kind of goods is Beef? For the Channeling quest.
The beef you need is listed as Fresh Beef and is sold by a lot of goods merchants. You can also buy a cow from a village and slaughter it for the meat.

Merlkir said:
Interesting, the trolloc scalable head is impressive!
Thank you!  :smile:

Merlkir said:
If you needed any concept art done, I think I remember the WoT world quite well. :wink:
If you would be willing to do some artwork I'd greatly appreciate it. I've seen some of your posted work and it's amazing. I would like to replace the default "guy on a horse" type images with something custom. Like a Trolloc group when you encounter Marauding Trollocs, new images specific to the factions, etc...

The two rivers sould bee an faction. and the two rivers men should be an elite classe. :twisted:

Sorry my english :oops:

Egarb said:
The two rivers should be a faction. and the two rivers men should be an elite class. :twisted:

The Legion troops have an upgrade path to "Two Rivers Archer". They are some of the best archers in the mod. I figured they would have joined with Rand.

While I am in Maradon at markeplace I can't get to the trader with armor. Game will partially get stuck and after ctrl-alt-del an announcement will appear "unable to find mesh cloth_mtw_074".  :wink:

What is a positive (good) faction in this game? In what colour?  :razz:

Rad said:
While I am in Maradon at markeplace I can't get to the trader with armor. Game will partially get stuck and after ctrl-alt-del an announcement will appear "unable to find mesh cloth_mtw_074".  :wink:
Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed the problem and updated the download. If anyone has downloaded the first v0.1 release and is seeing this problem send me a PM and I'll email you a patch file.

Rad said:
What is a positive (good) faction in this game? In what colour?  :razz:
I think in the most classic sense of the word all of the factions except the Shadowsworn would be considered "good". However, just like in real life if you were to ask any random member of one of the factions this same question they would probably have different opinions about the other factions. :smile:

Draconis Topmen said:
what is with the spear bracing thing what dose it do?
It lets you or any troop with a spear like weapon brace it in the ground so a charging horse will impale itself. You can find out more about spear bracing here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61051.0.html

Draconis Topmen said:
Oh and great mod!

Oh and one more thing how do you use the tower thing i forgot.
Thank you!

ter'angreal instructions:
Spike Wall - use alt+w
Call Tower - use alt+t
^ this was incorrect before but has been updated now

Back
Top Bottom