Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patch to fix BattleCry ability (savegame compatible) and source code
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=733

you troops are meant to follow your battle cry, I left by mistake that they do it only if you have at least 14 charisma. This patch fixes it.

Is the black helm supposed to give so much body armor? Also one or two of the faces look inconsistent with the ones from EGII, and there are a few typos in the character creation menu, if you care.

By the way I was/am a huge fan of EGII and am very glad to see this all of the sudden.

Sweet, there was me happily waiting for a week after your announcement, I come online today, what do I see EGIII.
You work fast Chel, DLing now, feedback soon.

@dscape750: a little digging would show you just how prolific Chels work is, Morale system, abilities system, perma death, wounds, as well as the previous version of Expanded Gameplay, easily one of the most immersive mods for any version of M&B. Do a little research before making a tit of yourself.

Somagu said:
Is the black helm supposed to give so much body armor?

By the way I was/am a huge fan of EGII and am very glad to see this all of the sudden.

ah, no, not supposed to give any body armor, that's a mistype, I'll fix it in the patch. Thank you!

Sir Lulzalot said:
So wait, is this mod like native expansion kinda?

kinda.

Tnx Chel for quick response!

I guess you have a point about items although i prefer mine ofc  :smile:

Two more things...

Plz make more different paths when starting with new charachter (especially more with normal stats)

Will you make any new special feats in nearby future?

Oh, another thing, using battlecry or first aid while on horseback shows the animation as if you were on your feet, i.e. you clip through the horse and slide along the ground until the animation finishes playing.

Rexxar said:
Plz make more different paths when starting with new charachter (especially more with normal stats)

traveling merchant can be leveled into any kind of character, he isnt specialized.

what kind of feats do you have in mind

Somagu said:
Oh, another thing, using battlecry or first aid while on horseback shows the animation as if you were on your feet, i.e. you clip through the horse and slide along the ground until the animation finishes playing.

yes, I know. I haven't yet found a way to fix it for the player without disabling the animation on foot as well. thanks

Can you at least give some kind of description. What is the setting of this mod? Is there a new landmass, new fortresses or anything new?

I can see from some of the screenshots that there seem to be some fantastical elements, how true to the original game does this mod stay?

From the posts of others it seems that there is some kind of morale system in this, is it optional? Does it work flawlessly or is it buggy? I notice that this is a 0.90, how close is it to a 1.0?

You have such a general title for this mod, you really must give some kind of idea what it actually is.

Got me a squad of Vaegir Skirmishers but none of them have missile weapons, they're equipped the same as the footmen.

Great to see EGIII making an appearance, I've waited a while to see this Chel. Cheers :grin:

TheSlightFeelingOfRegret said:
Can you at least give some kind of description. What is the setting of this mod? Is there a new landmass, new fortresses or anything new?

I can see from some of the screenshots that there seem to be some fantastical elements, how true to the original game does this mod stay?

From the posts of others it seems that there is some kind of morale system in this, is it optional? Does it work flawlessly or is it buggy? I notice that this is a 0.90, how close is it to a 1.0?

You have such a general title for this mod, you really must give some kind of idea what it actually is.

there is only one fantastical element, the fallen. I will write a description when I'm done patching it. Until then feel free to try it :smile:

Jayeh said:
Got me a squad of Vaegir Skirmishers but none of them have missile weapons, they're equipped the same as the footmen.

Great to see EGIII making an appearance, I've waited a while to see this Chel. Cheers :grin:

Bad luck, they can carry bows but not always.
Thanks!

A great release, thanks.
A few minor bugs I get:
1.The Fallen; have no bodies, just helms, shields and weapons, makes them even harder to fight, as with all the flames you cant really see what to aim at.
2.I'm trying to join the defence of a castle siege, about 200 of us VS about 450 Rhodockians, as the battle starts I get an "RGL error unavle to lock vertex buffer" CTD. This could well be a native hangover, but i thought it might be worth mentioning.
3. Some troops get a weird vertex stretching from certain angles, like part of their armour stretches off possibly to infinity. I've seen this bug before somewhere. Sorry I cant tell you which troops, it was in a big battle and they got killed and it stopped before I could see which ones had it.

All in all its a fine mod. The economics of having higher tier troops are quite hard though (they are expensive, and I'm not generally getting the loot drops to pay for them, so I'll have to adjust my strategy), and the difficulty level overall is challenging, as in; I just got whipped by a Rhodock army of 90 men when I had 80 or so. I thought I'd win easily but I ended up having to retreat. Great stuff!

Chel said:
Rexxar said:

traveling merchant can be leveled into any kind of character, he isnt specialized.

what kind of feats do you have in mind?

Realistic dodge (cooldown 7 sec)
Our charachter would make one faster move in direction we want to move.The lighter is our equipment, the faster is the reaction.But I guess this would be too hard to implement or not?

Shield bash, but made more realistic.YOu would knockback you opponent instead of stunlock(opponents can also use it.If there would be knockback effect instead of stun, enemies cant spam shield bash, beacuse you would get out of reach in the first place. (cooldown 3 sec)

throw shield
(coold down 45 sec) This feat would have str req and also some power throw req(you cant throw shield larger of size 60).If you succesfully hit opponent, he takes blunt dmg and chance to get knocked down.If he blocks your shield throw, he is knocked back and takes some dmg to shield.

I will be happy with that  :smile:

One more bug or something i dont know how to call : 90% of peasants in town (when you are walking the streets) are running! It would be a nice add,if one of them would be running, not all.Now you just get the feeling, that there is a fire in the city!

jacob25 said:
i started this up, and its in a forin language, not english :sad:

ah! I must have re-uploaded a translated version. Just delete everything from the mod's "language" folder and it will be english. I'll fix the archive on MBrepository. thank you.

tommyboy said:
A great release, thanks.
A few minor bugs I get:
1.The Fallen; have no bodies, just helms, shields and weapons, makes them even harder to fight, as with all the flames you cant really see what to aim at.
2.I'm trying to join the defence of a castle siege, about 200 of us VS about 450 Rhodockians, as the battle starts I get an "RGL error unavle to lock vertex buffer" CTD. This could well be a native hangover, but i thought it might be worth mentioning.
3. Some troops get a weird vertex stretching from certain angles, like part of their armour stretches off possibly to infinity. I've seen this bug before somewhere. Sorry I cant tell you which troops, it was in a big battle and they got killed and it stopped before I could see which ones had it.

All in all its a fine mod. The economics of having higher tier troops are quite hard though (they are expensive, and I'm not generally getting the loot drops to pay for them, so I'll have to adjust my strategy), and the difficulty level overall is challenging, as in; I just got whipped by a Rhodock army of 90 men when I had 80 or so. I thought I'd win easily but I ended up having to retreat. Great stuff!

Thanks!
The fallen are supposed to not have bodies/legs and arms. Not sure about castle siege, if someone else has same problem I'll look into it.
The economics might need some adjusting but in general are working as intended. Remember that companions reduce loot amount, while regular troops do not.

(One of the very rare posts of a notorious lurker. Consider it an honor :wink: )

Downloaded it, but unfortunately I can not play it:
It's installed properly (I think), but on start-up it freezes (at "Loading textures)and I get a RGL-Error "Unable to open Texture/war_horse_b.dds"
Any ideas about that? (I am an utter fool when it comes to this techno-thingumagic so I have got no real idea how to solve it on my own xD) Would it perhaps be helpful to simply delete the texture in question? o_O

Back
Top Bottom