Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

I do not know if this is a common problem but I have Vista and i installed it but whenever i click to turn it on a message saying this comes up.
ARB_texture_compression extension was not found
Is there a way to fix this.

BenFree said:
Also change the settings.cfg to point to the native copy,

Hi
Can you explain me how do you modify the setting.cfg!

I had modify the map and save it in M&B folder, and copy/past to warband folder... but warband doesn't recognise the new map...
There is always the oldest map in mod "1257"...what is the way to force warband to recognize the new map in mod "1257"?

Thank you.

Ok, you have to change the settings.cfg file so that it points to regular mount and blade (you might not have to do this, its normal settings are for the mount and blade folder). You copy the file txt file titled "map" from your warband module, and into mount and blade native, use the map editor to change the landscape as much as you want, there is no real point in adding towns etc. at this point (it's easier to add them via the module system once you have the map you want). While using the map editior, it is likely to crash a lot, and many of the features don't work. Finally copy the file "map" out of mount and blade and back into your warband mod. If it still doesn't recognise this, just edit the native mount and blade map, the npaste that into your warband mod. If none of that works, look at other peoples solutions.

Quick question on this:  I imported my Warband parties.txt into my M&B for map editing, and I noticed a lot of the cities are outside of the 'red area'.

How far does the warband map actually reach out to, so I can size my map accordingly?  Does it go out to the edges?

The program does not work ... if  try to open it, nothing happens.

I use Vista, maybe that has something to do with it?

Works fine for vista, most likely your path is wrong, which can take a few tries to get right.  I recommend if you have steam to download their installer off mount and blade website and use your steam key because thorgrims does not play nice with steam.

Well, it can't be just a wrong path, something must be wrong with the application itself, because not even some kind of window opens if I try to start the program. It is listed in the task manager as an process, though, but not as a running program.

I am frustrated. It can't be a corrupt file - I re-installed it three times now, but the editor still won't open.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Which files no need to be where? - maybe that's the mistake ...

I hate to be Mr. "pleazz help mee!!!11"-Newbie, but I just have to be now for I can just not figure out what to do.

The program is in the M&B vanilla folder.
If I have to specifically set a path somewhere ... where?

Go to the editor's settings.cfg file and open it with any kind of text editor. The top should be something like this (though these aren't the default lines):

#  Change these settings at your own risk
#  Don't include any spaces for now

#  Mount & Blade path
# use "." if running the editor from the root M&B directory
# use "auto" to auto detect M&B path
# or type in the full path: eg "C:/games/Mount&Blade"
# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator
mbPath=C:/Program files/Mount&Blade

#  Module to open
Mod=Native

...Where "mbPath=C:/Program files/Mount&Blade" is the line that you should change to the path to your M&B installation and "Mod=Native", where "Native" is the mod's map.txt file, that the editor's going to open on start.

AHHH!! I've finally found out how to use the map editor on Warband :shock:

Ok il go through step by step:

1. Download the Original M&B From there website (Free) http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx - Click on 'Mount and Blade' Under other games then click Downloads at the side, and so on...

2. Install the Original M&B files to a folder on the desktop e.g 'M&B ORIG FILES'

3. Go into your Warband Folder and select your module (Mount and Blade Warband/Module/Native*or what every module you use*)

4. Copy the three files 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' into a folder on the desktop called 'Warband Map Backups' This is in case you mess up

5. Go into your Original M&B Folder/Modules/Native*dont worry if its not the module you use* and delete 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties', but dont worry you wont be needing them... And copy the 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' from your 'Warband Map Backups' *NOTE* COPY DO NOT DRAG!* there instead...

6. Last but not least, Download the Thorgrim's Map Editor 0.9.0 - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=90 - Install To a Folder on desktop, run mapeditor.exe, and edit away *NOTE* It may look like the original map but trust me if you done it right it isn't*

And once your done editing, drag those 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' into the warband module folder - Mount and Blade/Modules/Native
and over right everything! (remember you kept backups)

Have fun  :grin: (Also if the mapediter.exe sais something like Unable to find it or something like that, just go into 'editorData' then open up 'Setting' and where it sais:

#  Mount & Blade path
# use "." if running the editor from the root M&B directory
# use "auto" to auto detect M&B path
# or type in the full path: eg "C:/games/Mount&Blade"
# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator
mbPath=auto <----- MAKE SURE THIS IS ON AUTO

Please tell me your feedback... thanks  :grin:

I have a problem.

I can move some locations, but not all of them. There is a whole lot I can't even select!

(and if used in warband you can't see the city, castle and village icons)

Back
Top Bottom