Being a mage/sorceror? or am I merely a charlatan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zhaker

Sergeant
Hi,

Downloaded the mod after taking a break from my Rebel Swadian campaign against a completely conquered Swadia force :smile:. I thought this mod would be cool since I saw mage and sorceror on the character creation bit, I ventured into a town to see if there was spells but I didnt see any?

So are there spells or is it just artifacts here? or am I missing something altogether?

hi... i'm one of the staff for the mod and we're currently not having 'shooty shooty' magic... instead... we're working on making each faction unique... so no... there's no mage or sorcerer in the mod... the only bit of magic i can recall is the planelord druids duplicating themselves

edit : forgot about artifact weapons that add a lot of stats

'Spells' in this mod in the typical sense do not exist.  If you are looking to use flashy, colorful magic in combat, there are a few of those type of mods out there. 

Talera features a more subtle magical style, and that aspect of the mod will continue to see advancement as we move forward.

I hope you try the next version, because you may find it more to your liking.  Necromancy makes a first appearance, though it will still need to be elaborated on down the road, as well as Druid Illusion magic, a Bloodthirst mechanic, and new artifacts that bring special stat increases and abilities with them.  Our fantasy settings allows us to introduce features that would not occur in Native.  Stay tuned as more changes are still in the works as well.

I realise that its not flashy flashy but when I read the details on the character creation about using magic as a mage or sorcery as a sorceror.

I took sorcery something like an alchemist who can do things like throw bottles at enemies which either hinder or hurt them, or could revive a wounded player to come back up to combat at the like with potions.

I took magic as something that was fickle but more of the case like being able to provide illusions and surprises and such ( like a real life magician doing his magical performance ).

Or was that to flashy flashy still? In which case sounds a bit wierd to mention magic and sorcery in a game when you cant really apply it anywhere :\.

As Kardio said, the next release has real elements of magic in it - illusions, necromancy, special items..etc.

Zhaker said:
I realise that its not flashy flashy but when I read the details on the character creation about using magic as a mage or sorcery as a sorceror.

I took sorcery something like an alchemist who can do things like throw bottles at enemies which either hinder or hurt them, or could revive a wounded player to come back up to combat at the like with potions.

I took magic as something that was fickle but more of the case like being able to provide illusions and surprises and such ( like a real life magician doing his magical performance ).

Or was that to flashy flashy still? In which case sounds a bit wierd to mention magic and sorcery in a game when you cant really apply it anywhere :\.

The character creation details are outdated and somewhat confusing currently.  They will be revised.

I have rewritten the character creation text for the next version.  It is not faction specific and doesn't mention any magic that would lead to confusion.  Hopefully this helps.  :smile:

Illusions and Necromancy in this game!?!?!? Wait what? Do characters get to raise undead and stuff... kewl. Except thats really shooty shooty :p.

Zhaker said:
Illusions and Necromancy in this game!?!?!? Wait what? Do characters get to raise undead and stuff... kewl. Except thats really shooty shooty :p.

Nah, not so much. First off, don't expect to tap any buttons and watch skeletons crawl from the ground - but you will receive raised soldiers after battles.

Still, without the live action dead raising in the middle of battle....the two concepts are still awesome, and definitely something I'll be looking forward to. I enjoy this mod very much.

I couldn't resist.  :shock:

ShootySkeletonCat.jpg

cat_FACEPALM.jpg

This is what people like you are trying to make our precious game into:

pew_pew_ship_destroyed.jpg

Now, is that what you really want to see happen to our game? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
MarcusValerius said:
I couldn't resist.  :shock:

ShootySkeletonCat.jpg

because we dun wan this game to end up a button meshing game  :grin:

Aside from that, nice pic!!

Khandrak said:
cat_FACEPALM.jpg

This is what people like you are trying to make our precious game into:

pew_pew_ship_destroyed.jpg

Now, is that what you really want to see happen to our game? You should be ashamed of yourself.

It was a joke guys, try not to be like this kitteh.  :lol:

serious_cat.jpg

By the way, lazar cat is currently planned to be implemented as the leader of the BP in release #2. Look forward to his lazars annihilating your armies.

Khandrak said:
By the way, lazar cat is currently planned to be implemented as the leader of the BP in release #2. Look forward to his lazars annihilating your armies.

If that happens, Ferons would need wings, Planelords would need a 15 ft warrior, illoriaons need massed produced killer robots known as terminators and asaleth need the clone army in order to balance the gameplay  :lol:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Khandrak said:

If that happens, Ferons would need wings, Planelords would need a 15 ft warrior, illoriaons need massed produced killer robots known as terminators and asaleth need the clone army in order to balance the gameplay  :lol:

Oh I cant wait for release #2 now, I like the robot part, that sounds like a winner.

In seriousness, I'd was primarily thinking magic in this game more chemistry/alcehmy and smart engineering. Well that was what I thought would happen but meh. If I get to make skeleton robots that is cool too. Doesnt have to be shooty shooty, but I figured something like I saw in 'Army of Darkness' and in some of the old medieval movies where they claim all these things 'magic' :smile:.

Potions and such will be in the second re-release (which will probably be in several months time, depending on in depth I decide to get with my ideas).

As of the time of this writing, laser catz, and laser chickens will not.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom