The Horde Lands v1.22 released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have made some progress today, yes, despite a small setback. :smile: I spent about 3 hours trying to solve a mysterious "'itm_siege_supply' is not defined" error message. Did a search on the forums and found a suggestion that it might have been caused by an extra or missing bracket or comma somewhere.  :neutral: It wasn't. I honestly don't know what I did wrong, but I solved the problem by making a new folder and unzipping all of the default module system files into it. Then one by one, I replaced the default files with the files from my mod, and compiled it after each one. Eventually it turned out to have been caused by the ID_items.py file missing the line with the siege_supply item. I know I didn't accidentally delete that since I have never even opened that file before. But the message showed up at some point after I added some new items, but also after I tried to re-enable the disabled towns (Zendar, Salt Mines, Four Ways Inn, and...something Keep). But even after I re-disabled them the message kept coming so I really don't know if it was related to that or not. As for the adding of new items, it was more likely related to that. But the problem is now solved.

On the plus side, I did get those new items added. I have also added a script that causes nearby enemy parties to help each other out (such as a nearby party of looters joining the fight if you attack or get attacked by a party of looters), and I "fixed" the Beard-related crash by simply removing the beard options from the female races, and limiting the new hair colors to the Ghost race.

But anytime you want to find out if I have made any progress on the mod, go check the first post in this thread. I will be updating the "Current Features" at least once a day, and will update the "Current Known Bugs" as I encounter and/or fix them.

Aren't all those locations in Calradia at War mod?

Zendar Salt mines, Zendar, four ways inn?

Good to know on the original post. I'll do that next time I want to check out what's going on in here.  :cool:

oh. I didn't know that. When i first started playing (v960) I think it was the only thing remained was Zendar.

OK, so after about a day and a half on intensive bug testing, I have finally located the source of a bug that was causing my mod to crash the game upon starting a new game, but before the character creation. It seems to have been caused by a specific troop I was using for one of the reinforcements of the new faction I added. I'm still not sure why that specific troop was causing the game to crash though. I have it in the looters party and it wasn't causing any problems. Another troop I have in the looters party and is also a reinforcement for the new faction was not causing this crash. So I dunno. So ANYWAY, I can now return to working on adding stuff to the mod.  :mrgreen: The troop tree for the new faction (the undead Kingdom Of Morte) is complete, but I still have to go through the troops and give them all the equipment they are supposed to have.

Also, I've started work on the troop trees for the Kingdom Of Velor and the Kingdom Of Levar. They will both have very similar troop trees, but with different styles of equipment. What I plan to do for them is to have the recruit troop upgradeable to either a rogue troop (which will start the outlaws troop tree) or a man-at-arms troop. The man-at-arms, will upgrade to either a mercenary troop (which obviously will start the mercenary troop tree) or a soldier troop. The soldier will be able to upgrade to either skirmisher, or infantry. Infantry will upgrade to either cavalry, or heavy infantry; and the skirmisher will upgrade to either archer or crossbowman. From there, it starts getting into different types of knights, but the upper tier troops will differ between the two kingdoms.

Elenmmare said:
Woah, nice looking undead graphics.

Cartread made the skeletons and skeletal horses. I'm going to post some new screenshots of them once I finish modifying the undead troops' equipment.

Well, the skeletal and ghost horses still have an animation problem with their legs. I'm guessing this is related to rigging which I currently know nothing about, but since the animation problem does not affect gameplay I'm putting that fix off until later. Plus, in the heat of battle it's not a major distraction. The skeletal and ghost horses will be the fastest and most manueverable horses in my mod but will have low hit points, a weak charge, and light armor. There will however be a Night Mare horse which is just your basic black horse with red eyes, that the upper tier undead will ride that is slower, but stronger and more heavily armored.

:wink: Yeah, I'm going to try and make the troop trees balanced as well, but that will require a lot more playtesting than the horses.  :razz:

OK, I just posted some new screenshots of the Kingdom Of Morte in action. I was going to wait until I had finished upgrading their equipment, but as I was testing them out in battle, I just couldn't resist taking some screenshots (they're in the first post). Enjoy!  :mrgreen:

Sounds good, I too am looking foreward to this. Nema's Gaurdians mod had some sweet weapons and textures...unfortunately it had a lot of bugs almost to the point I lost interest in it just becuase it doesnt run stable on 1.011.  Its runs fine on the other version I hear, but your mod sounds like its going to be great especially the kingdom managment option...assigning fiefs to lord etc. I loved that about "Age Of Machinery Mod".  Keep it up man!  :grin:

Keedo,

Good story, gives you a solid basis! Like it a lot.

About the skeletal horse's legs. I think it's a problem in the current version of BRF edit. I've recently tried rigging a horse for 1.011 and it screwed up the legs as well, even though I'm pretty sure it is (almost) correctly rigged.

In conclusion: you may need to wait for a new BRF before you can fix it.

Keep up the good work!

Niek

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.  :mrgreen:

Achilles_ said:
Sounds good, I too am looking foreward to this. Nema's Gaurdians mod had some sweet weapons and textures...unfortunately it had a lot of bugs almost to the point I lost interest in it just becuase it doesnt run stable on 1.011.  Its runs fine on the other version I hear, but your mod sounds like its going to be great especially the kingdom managment option...assigning fiefs to lord etc. I loved that about "Age Of Machinery Mod".  Keep it up man!  :grin:

Well, I am trying to keep my use of meshes from Guardian's Party to a minimum to avoid mine looking too much like it. A lot of the stuff in that mod was made specifically for that mod. I may eventually even try to make my own skins for the elves, orcs, and goblins, but I've never done any modelling, so I'm not even going to attempt that, until I have at least a beta version ready.

As for the kingdom management, I may use Age Of Machinery's code for it if I can get permission, but that will probably be one of the last features I implement, since I imagine it will be somewhat complicated.  :sad:

Njiekovic said:
Keedo,

Good story, gives you a solid basis! Like it a lot.

About the skeletal horse's legs. I think it's a problem in the current version of BRF edit. I've recently tried rigging a horse for 1.011 and it screwed up the legs as well, even though I'm pretty sure it is (almost) correctly rigged.

In conclusion: you may need to wait for a new BRF before you can fix it.

Keep up the good work!

Niek

Thanks, I will expand upon the story through dialogue with npcs and quests, and possibly with books you can read while camping (not too sure about that yet). As for the horse animation, I'm not sure about the rigging. I've only used BRFedit to view the mesh. I have had no problems with the horses from Maw's Horse Pack, so I guess it's possible that the skeletal horse was made with an older version.

Another game crashing bug has delayed development by another day. This time it seems to have been related to the fact that in some of the new undead troops I added, I was separating the "knows_skill" flags with a comma instead of a pipe. That bug is now fixed. Once I changed the commas to pipes, the game stopped crashing. Plus I have finished designing the outlaw and mercenary troop trees and will be modifying the existing outlaws (looters, bandits, etc) and mercenaries (manhunters, hired blades, etc) and adding in new ones soon.

Hello once again. Development the past couple of days has been slow due to RL ( :neutral:), but I have been able to get some work done. I have renamed all 5 of the Native kingdoms, and given all of their troops and lords the appropriate skins for their race. Their troop names remain unchanged for now though. I have successfully added the new NPC Necronus who currently serves as Tombstone's resident ransom broker, but once I get around to altering his dialogue, he will also sell Skeletons which can be upgraded to the other undead troop types. Undead cannot be taken prisoner. I have also fixed some alignment bugs with the weapons and fixed some issues with certain armors showing up all white. There is still an issue with white hair and beards showing up on hero npcs such as lords and companions, but non-heros do not seem to be affected. I think I can fix this by customizing their appearance, but I am saving that fix for later. I have posted two new screenshots (in the first post). Nothing special, just some front-view shots of the undead troops preparing to seige a castle.

Also, I have registered at the File Repository and requested upload access. As soon as that is approved, I will be uploading an alpha version for testing.

Heh. I like the Zombie Archers. I don't think in recent memory I've ever seen Zombie Archers before. it only seems to be Skeleton Archers for some reason.  :neutral:.... hmmm. I guess I played Dark Omen and watched Army of Darkness too many times.

heck!  even in games like Warhammer Fantasy only have skeleton Archers and no Zombie Archers, you would think it would be the other way around.

lol i'm such a dork.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom