Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

Users who are viewing this thread

Marathon isn't a classic? You're evil summ*****.

Scorched Earth 3D is also a pretty good artillery game (a 3D successor to, you guessed it - Scorched Earth, which I played tons of)

Freespace (2), Mechcommander.

Also, there's Tribes 2, but the community is rather full of assheads who spam the voice menu.

Rilder said:
pedrodiniz92 said:
Trooper5445 said:
It's one of the best games ever.
Send me a good vid of vid and I might change my mind. The interface is so confusing...

All in all, we know a game is not all graphics, but Dwarf Fortress makes even Tibia look amazing... and yet, it was made in Paint.

First off find a good tileset (I use Mike Maydays pack (but patched up for 40C)

Also, read a couple community games/succession games (BOATMURDERED)

Next, Keep trying.

When I first started It took like 10 tries of "Ok lets try it... aww this sucks... damn it Im gonna try it..." Etc etc.  Till I finally fell into it.  It soon became the most epic game I've ever played.

I'd like to get into Dwarf Fortress too, but like many people I can't stand the ASCII graphics so I think I will try a tileset. The one that Rilder has suggested seems good enough, but are there any other tilesets that you guys would suggest?

Yeah, many times I've looked into Dwarf Fortress but decided against it because I don't understand it and can't take the graphics.

Took me a full week to learn the basics of DF, but once I did I loved it. Course, the complexity kept me entertained as well and failing fortresses was just mad fun for some reason. Usually I hate it when I lose at a game, but with DF it was just the opposite :razz:

I still play with the standard ASCII - but yeah, one stop seeing the symbols after a while once you learn what everything is.

I also still play with ASCII, most of the time it doesn't bother me, unless I have a headache to begin with.

I can't be bothered to dedicate that much time to figure out a game, even if it's great.
As I've said a million times, if it doesn't want to show me, I don't want to play.

Redcoat - Mic said:
If it doesn't want to show me, I don't want to play.
Why insist on this very irritating personification in which you give the game sentience? The developers made an alpha of a game that is currently better than any other dwarf simulator or fortress simulator out there at the moment. Of course I get bored with it after a while myself, but it's doing pretty good for not even close to halfway stage of alpha.

Speaking of alphas, wouldja mind throwing Assault Tech 1 : Battletech on there for me? Also the best "remake of Mechwarrior 2 with a better engine" out there.

Wow, that looks really, really good. Still, seeing as it's not released yet there's not much point to linking to it.

By the way, KKrieger works fine with Vista for the record.

Moss said:
Wow, that looks really, really good. Still, seeing as it's not released yet there's not much point to linking to it.

By the way, KKrieger works fine with Vista for the record.
I haven't got it to work for me yet.

Back
Top Bottom