0.960 Porting thread. (No Longer porting to 0.960)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus II

Knight
Yes, that's right, it's the return of my painfully long 'To-Do' list. :wink:

It worked as a motivating agent in the initial mod development, so hopefully it'll do the same here.

The To-Do list for the moment:

+ Remove Native content. - Done
+ Port troops. - Done
+ Port items. - Done
+ Port new parties. - Done
+ Port party dialogs. - Done
+ Port NPC companions to the new system. (likes/dislikes etc)
+ Port towns/castles/villages. - Done
+ Port map. - Done
+ Port arena changes. - Done
+ Port scenes.
+ Port recruiting system. - Done
+ Port character creation system. - Done
+ Port Lundene quests/NPC's.
+ Port face codes. (old codes no longer work) - Done
+ Implement Battlefield Tactics Kit - courtesy of Mirathei & Chel. - Done
+ Create new items.
+ Implement new items.
+ Rebalance item statistics. (More variety between weapons)
+ Adjust Native goods prices.
+ Re-write dialogs covering Lords/Ladies.
+ Re-write dialogs covering quests. (Elders/Town Reeves)
+ Implement new custom music.
+ Sleep.

About the arenas: Would you consider keeping the arena fights like they are now (in the mod).
I would hate to see the native arena fights, running around in underpants against an endless row of spawning opponents - it's not fun  :sad:

But add the tournaments of course!  :razz:

You forgot the last + :

+ sleep

Markus, this discussion around this mod prompted me to start reading Cornwell's Saxon Tales and reading the first one brought me back to playing the mod in a vicious little circle.

I was perfectly happy with the .903 version, so it won't be hard to wait for the porting process to finish, but I'm particularly looking forward to formations and the realism tweaks to weapons & market prices.

Good luck with the port and thanks for all your hard work.

If you want, I could do some music for you, I have Garageband on my MAC and have been playing around with it and made some pretty cool songs.

+ All faces codes completed.

Also, I've done up some new armour, let me know what y'all think about them.

Firstly, Padded Cloth: (More protection that tunics, less than a Padded Leather Jack)

Secondly, Maille Vest and Padded Cloth: (More protection than a Padded Leather Jack, less than a Mail Shirt)

Two shots of the new armour in battle:

Adorno said:
You forgot the last + :

+ sleep

:lol:

Amended.

Adorno said:
About the arenas: Would you consider keeping the arena fights like they are now (in the mod).
I would hate to see the native arena fights, running around in underpants against an endless row of spawning opponents - it's not fun  :sad:

But add the tournaments of course!  :razz:

Difficult, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Haakon said:
Markus, this discussion around this mod prompted me to start reading Cornwell's Saxon Tales and reading the first one brought me back to playing the mod in a vicious little circle.

Excellent.  :twisted:

Cornwall, if you're reading this - where's my cut?

SGA-Ford said:
If you want, I could do some music for you, I have Garageband on my MAC and have been playing around with it and made some pretty cool songs.

Thanks for the offer. :smile:

At the moment I'm looking at some of Nick van Dyck's work for the custom music. Pretty cool stuff - and one track has a chick singing in Gaelic...

I think the new padded cloths and maille vests look beautiful. And most importantly it adds variety.
(You could have uploading a few larger pictures so we could enjoy the details  :smile:)

Markus II said:
I'm looking at some of Nick van Dyck's work for the custom music. Pretty cool stuff - and one track has a chick singing in Gaelic...
Woo! Who wouldn't die in battle to the sound of that  :razz:

I suppose this adds another 14 texture sheets to the game with only one armour on them?  :???:
Also, sorry, but I'm not totally happy about the exact same model being used again and again and again.
The game has a bunch of other "coat" models that could be used for this...from a distance right now all looks the same.

Triglav said:
Also, sorry, but I'm not totally happy about the exact same model being used again and again and again.
The game has a bunch of other "coat" models that could be used for this...from a distance right now all looks the same.

Then I guess you'll be happy I chose a new mesh for the next set of new armours...

Maille Shirt with Fur Cloak: (Four varients)

new1hh2.jpg

Padded Jack with Fur Cloak: (Four varients)

new3fd2.jpg

An army of Wessex advances:

new2eo0.jpg

Triglav said:
I suppose this adds another 14 texture sheets to the game with only one armour on them?  :???:

Aye, and thus it shall remains until I can find an able and willing rigger to work on 50+ armours.

Markus II said:
Padded Jack with Fur Cloak: (Four varients)

new3fd2.jpg

Ah, I see you're an honest man after all.  :lol:

Markus II said:
Aye, and thus it shall remains until I can find an able and willing rigger to work on 50+ armours.

They're not easy to come by, sirrah. Mayhaps you as mod boss learn that. Like boss Ancientwanker did.

Or consider rather adding something else to the extra room on the texture sheets.
You don't need to rig shields, weapons, helmets...their texturing may be easily moved around the texture sheet.

Ok, busy week at work so only a few small-ish updates.

New armours are done, but I still need to play around with the fabric colours as they're not right yet.

Padded Jack with Cloak: (I'll make a varient for each Saxon/Danish faction, 4 in total)

Mail Shirt with Cloak: (I'll make a varient for each Saxon/Danish faction, 4 in total)

Two in-game shots:

cape3uv6.jpg

cape4jx6.jpg

Triglav said:
Markus II said:

They're not easy to come by, sirrah. Mayhaps you as mod boss learn that. Like boss Ancientwanker did.

Or consider rather adding something else to the extra room on the texture sheets.
You don't need to rig shields, weapons, helmets...their texturing may be easily moved around the texture sheet.

I can condense a few things here and there. (woolen caps for example)

Short of learning how to rig, I'll see if there's anyone willing to play with a few of the armours at a time. (instead of the whole lot at once)

Those with the cloaks look pretty cool, and would be good for Gaels like the Scots or Irish raiding parties, if the cloaks were checked, striped or plaid. Really cool looking.

ricbar89 said:
Wessex still get the Welsh dragon? You gota do something abut that....

The Welsh dragon is red. Wessex has the white dragon of the English. It does look remarkably like the dragon on the modern Welsh flag, but hey ho.

The Wessex wyvern is white or yellow, often on a red background, similar to that of the Welsh but thankfully not the same.

Padded cloth doesn't look like padded but like an orange shirt with stripes. Maybe try something like that:
przeszywanica.jpg

I hope some new helmets will appear too :wink:
I can't wait for this mod to be finished :smile:

Just a quick update...

I've been working on armour/shields for the last week and at this stage, i've retextured just about every Danish/Saxon item. The maille vests are gone and I've redone the padded cloth texture. I've also redone all of the 'cloth' elements of the armours to get away from their previously plastic-like texture. Shields are now three-tiered in quality with different designs. I'll post a comprehensive listing of screenshots later, but here's a few tasters:

r2zq5.jpg

r3zd2.jpg

r4le3.jpg

r5sj7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom