0.960 Porting thread. (No Longer porting to 0.960)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triglav said:
I think they look very nice. The skin under the cloth is just fine.
But the cloth only is good merely for the unarmed peasants.

Some more proper armour for warriors is in order.
If they were properly armoured in the Roman times, there's no reason to think they lost the skill to make proper armours several centuries later. Perhaps rather the opposite.
They were fearsome fighters even centuries later the timeperiod of this mod. Recall the difficulties English kings had with pacifying Wales...
I suggest some distinctive Briton helmets, scale armour and metal-reinforced leather.

I've been weighting up scale armour for a while now. While it was evident in Roman times, as well as among the Romano-British that struggled against the Saxon migration, I'm not sure that its manufacture continued in the British Isles in the subsequent centuries.

Regardless, I'll work up some Scale armour to see how it looks.

As for the helmets - anyone want to take a crack at making a nasal helmet with cheek guards?

Markus II said:
As for the helmets - anyone want to take a crack at making a nasal helmet with cheek guards?

I think there is one nasal with small cheek guards already in native.
That one and segmented helmet can probably be used as well.

Triglav said:
The Irish fighting Vikings:

boru.jpg

Is that a human head what that guy is carrying?

I agree with the wishes for more advanced kit for Brits - while the Picts might have believed that death on the battlefield was a boolean, the post-Roman Brittons would certainly have known the merits of armour.  Even the Irish understood the principles of armoury, due to their contact with Norwegians and Danes.

It looks real cool I think it would cool if you could get Blue war paint Fanasty mod tryed it but it was't too good.
All the armor looks good, but no offense but I don't like the one that shows there chest. And Im all for kilts. I'd be cool if you could make kilt with cape and chain.

I personally really like the tartan-style gear for the Britons . . . it definitely makes the faction look more distinct than it presently does compared to the Saxon factions in particular . . . also, I have no problem with the skin texture look or amount showing . . . again, I find it very fitting. Terrific work . . . I'm really looking forward to playing the new version!

Scale would be nice, it was still being produced in Ireland (it was cheaper to produce than mail, which was usually imported or looted instead). Mail had been present in Ireland for centuries but was exceedingly rare, and scale instead was used. The Britons also wore some Irish clothing and armor at times (the highland Welsh, for example, often dressed in Gaelic-style longshirts with cloaks due to prior settlements by the Irish as invaders and mercenaries after the Romans withdrew from Britain), so some of it would be prudent. Maybe the war apron would be prudent as well.

Ok, I've done up some Scale and Iron-studded leather armour for the Britons:

brit1wk1.jpg

brit2wa1.jpg

Griffith said:
It looks real cool I think it would cool if you could get Blue war paint Fanasty mod tryed it but it was't too good.
All the armor looks good, but no offense but I don't like the one that shows there chest. And Im all for kilts. I'd be cool if you could make kilt with cape and chain.

War paint is out. I've had such arguments before. :wink:

I had a shot at a kilt/cloak combo and it looked woeful, so no.

Herewulf said:
I agree with the wishes for more advanced kit for Brits - while the Picts might have believed that death on the battlefield was a boolean, the post-Roman Brittons would certainly have known the merits of armour.  Even the Irish understood the principles of armoury, due to their contact with Norwegians and Danes.

Whether they understood the merits or not is irrelevant, without the knowledge and materials to craft such armour, it's presence would depend on trade and loot.

The scale armour's looking good, especially the one with a cloak. However I'm not so sure about the studded leather, mainly on the shoulders...

Very cool.  I'm glad we'll have some less-than-naked Britons to kill. The armours look very good.

Thanks

Adorno said:
Markus II said:
Ok, I've done up some Scale and Iron-studded leather armour for the Britons:

It looks very interesting. Have you found some historical evidence for this kind of armour or is it imagination?  :smile:
I'm mainly thinking about the 'shoulder pads'.

It's based on a late roman style of armour known as a Lorica Squamata.

eScale.jpg

Cavalry640x480.jpg

If the Britons in the mod are going to have access to Scale armour, this is about the only possible look/form.

You might wanna be careful with that "sleep" thing on the checklist. It's really quite hard to finish for 0.960 :razz:

Eclipse said:
You might wanna be careful with that "sleep" thing on the checklist. It's really quite hard to finish for 0.960 :razz:

It was quite hard to finish making the mod in the first place too, but I still got to the sleep option eventually. :razz:

Adorno said:
You did a damned  fine job replicating that. Thumbs up  :razz:

Thanks.

The Mesh itself is a native one, I just spent many hours fiddling with the texture file to get the look right. It was the hardest armour thus far to create. (Mostly because of the way it was mapped)

Ulfhednar said:
Those armours are great, that's what I always wanted to see :smile: Maybe one more option - with fur?

That's a maybe. I'm off to the coast for a couple of days now, so maybe when I get back...

First of all, this is the most absorbing mod in MB, really, Markus, amazing job you have done.

But of course, I would like to contribute with some things for the next version.

I think there's a bug when somebody ask me for the lords that I held prisioners and I say No, it goes into and empty dialog and just crash.

Mmmmm, I 'm not sure about the next one, but when I conquer a city or castle, the enemy NEVER try to get it back. Also, having lord prisioners and waiting for the never coming ramsom I just get crazy to carry this guys everywhere!, I have a town with a prison but still, I cannot get there in there. I'm not able also to manage large towns and castles. Mmmmmm, what else... :roll: again of this prisioners...is there a way to reliese this guys?.

Well, that would be all I think, anyway, thumbs up and congrats for this incredible mod, and for the great hours of fun that I get from it!.

Kokito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom