0.960 Porting thread. (No Longer porting to 0.960)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kokito said:
Mmmmm, I 'm not sure about the next one, but when I conquer a city or castle, the enemy NEVER try to get it back. Also, having lord prisioners and waiting for the never coming ramsom I just get crazy to carry this guys everywhere!, I have a town with a prison but still, I cannot get there in there. I'm not able also to manage large towns and castles. Mmmmmm, what else... :roll: again of this prisioners...is there a way to reliese this guys?.

Um, yeah, it's currently a .903 mod. Those are all problems with .903 that aren't in .960, so they won't be in the ported version. I believe you can just hit 'Disband' in the Party window to release prisoners.

Excellent scale stuff, Markus!

Good choice of mesh :wink:
(Hope you stuck the texture on an existing sheet. You know I had to say that :smile: )

Only a couple of things. You should turn the texture ofscales on the shoulder pauldrons so they're pointing in the direction of the hands.
And while leather scales can be rather big, the metal ones should be smaller, at least on the larger armours.
You could have a short cuirass made of larger scales, but for larger armours it would be a bit clumsy.

20122386.JPG

516px-Scale_mail.jpg

t2-scaleshirt.jpg

ah-3857a.jpg

nice armour, this port is looking better and better.

i supposed i'll have to content myself with HYM and Hegemony for now

can't wait!

A few more bits and pieces are done, namely the porting of arena opponents/equipment, KD-party dialogs, Character-creation system and the recruiting system for Noble troops/Mercenaries.

Updated list:

+ Remove Native content. - Done
+ Port troops. - Done
+ Port items. - Done
+ Port new parties. - Done
+ Port party dialogs. - Done
+ Port NPC companions to the new system. (likes/dislikes etc)
+ Port towns/castles/villages. - Done
+ Port map. - Done
+ Port arena changes. - Done
+ Port scenes.
+ Port recruiting system. - Done
+ Port character creation system. - Done
+ Port Lundene quests/NPC's.
+ Port face codes. (old codes no longer work) - Done
+ Implement Battlefield Tactics Kit - courtesy of Mirathei & Chel. - Done
+ Create new items.
+ Implement new items.
+ Rebalance item statistics. (More variety between weapons)
+ Adjust Native goods prices.
+ Re-write dialogs covering Lords/Ladies.
+ Re-write dialogs covering quests. (Elders/Town Reeves)
+ Implement new custom music.
+ Sleep.

Great!, Markus, just a few questions, are you inluding more factions?, I mean, not a united briton faction but some more. Maybe also some picts or scots....don't know, just asking. I think that this last guys should be more important, because they were the ones who botter the danes in northern England!, ha, anyway, I would be nice to have some more briton kingdoms.

Amazing armor you have got there, I'm always with history accuracy so  :grin: !.

Nothing else, see ya  :cool:

I've re-done/remapped all of the equipable banners to one texture sheet, removing seven .dds files from the folder.

Screens:

I also found a number of unused texture files that were left in the mod after working on it originally. I've removed nine of those .dds files as well. Should help to compensate for all the texture files required by the new armours.

eh1ub5.png

Kokito said:
Great!, Markus, just a few questions, are you inluding more factions?, I mean, not a united briton faction but some more. Maybe also some picts or scots....don't know, just asking. I think that this last guys should be more important, because they were the ones who botter the danes in northern England!, ha, anyway, I would be nice to have some more briton kingdoms.

Amazing armor you have got there, I'm always with history accuracy so  :grin: !.

Nothing else, see ya  :cool:

As much as i'd like to include new factions in this port, I don't think it's going to happen. The time it would take to research, plan and implement (new map, scripting, items) would mean the release time for the port would blow out even further. It'll have to be a goal for the Version 1 port instead.

Marcus if you are still in need of a rigger there is a guy on mbx who is offering to do rigging for people becuase he wants some practise.
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,28.0.html
Those banners look awesome as does the screenshot of that brawl/battle.

Alright, back again.

Markus, I would like to point some things that you might already taken into considering.

I'd been trying this 960 version and at last the stupid armies do something!, hehe, I mean they conquer, not only lay siege.

Apart from that I think there are meny quest and conversations that we might only change some names and tone it up a bit and we will have more features for the new version of LOF. Like the nice interaction between the party members, that adds some more realistic things. They angry if you loot a certain village of a certain kingdom and so...

Then, I'm sure about you got the next but anyway...In the hillforts battles these guys need a intense course of how to defend and attack!, haha, they just cannot find they way and there are also some shield force that deny them the chance of moving to some parts where I can move freely and kill them from there. Also I would be nice to have some other buildings in the hillforts and as well as the cities, some more guards. And of couse, coming back to the hillforts thing, it would be nice to have some people walking around in the top of it, otherwise it looks really desserted!, hehe.

One thing that I believe it would be more history accurate, it the fact that when a player enters a town, fort, tavern, arena....etc, anywhere that you are NOT fighting, there should be no helmet on the player. I think it is quite wrong for a player to be full-suited for war in a tavern or just walking in a town. Imagine yourself in that character...I wouldn't use a helmet unless it's really needed to do so!, and never while I'm having an ale and talking dark-age business, hehe.

En fin, that would be it Markus!!

Kokito

Houray for the new welsh armors. One thing though is that the size of the scales on the shoulders seem too big. Don't know if this is an easy fix or not. Regardless, I'm happy with all the new armors which will add a lot of variety to the game.

i guess it will depend on how much 1.0 will be different..

0.960 seemed quite polished to me!

Wow, thats not much of a wait untill release.
Any news marcus? Or did marcus say something about going on holiday wich I have forgotten about and therefore ask him pointlessly for news?

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, real life has been pretty hectic of late.

In regards to the port, I doubt i'll be finished before the release of M&B Version 1. If it is, i'll release the port for 0.960, if not, i'll just start porting to Version 1.

Hope real life hasn't been terribly hectic... but don't worry about the time... i'm sure none of us will complain about too much time being spent.

Muchos gracias

I think the smart thing to do is wait for 1.0. Especially, if much of the work porting to 960 will end up being done again for 1.0. Seems like a waste of time to me. Hopefully, the updates after 1.0 will be compatible with 1.0 mods and saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom