Showing people's post count

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar

Grandmaster Knight
Sorry if I missed it in the settings somewhere but can you see how many post people have (without going to their profile)?
Just saw that in the PMs and I'm wondering if that's possible for the regular forum as well.

TBqPgPY.png

I'm not sure what it would add, and it wouldn't be accurate at all if the current logic for post count is applied. My post count is 8,897 right now, but if you view my posts you can see that I actually have 15,081 (including this one). Posts made in the off-topic boards aren't included in the post count shown on the profile page.

Speaking of that, why are post counts shown in PMs when they're not shown in the rest of the forum? I mean, I personally don't care about them, but it seems odd that they're shown in PMs if we don't need them in the rest of the forum.

I would guess that having post counts visible turned into an epeen contest and encouraged people to spam low quality posts for the sake of a bigger number.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Of course not, because it's not supposed to be a universal solution to post spam. It does help though. This very forum used to have ranks based on your number of posts and it was changed to prevent people spamming their way up to a new rank.
This pretty much sums it up.

While it would be nice if people could enable it in their settings while logged in (disabled by default) I understand that reason.
Thanks for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom