[EG II] TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chel

Master Knight

TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS

clipboard02mf9.jpg

This thread is for characters who play the game on full difficulty and realistic saving.
Their life is brutal, and progress -- difficult.

If you'd like to share or discuss
the progress of your character,
his spectacular victory in battle,
his ingenious tactics and strategy,
his final reach of immortality or
his untimely and woeful demise,
post your tale here for others to read, comment and be amuzed.

Full Difficulty Settings:
Full damage to player and his troops.
Good AI and Normal combat speed.
Realistic Saving with no going back.
No Cheats.

Battle size as you like.

To make taking screenshots easier, you can use this program - Screen Capture Professional
http://www.download.com/Screen-Capture-Professional/3000-2192_4-10476765.html

When you run it, it saves all the pictures that you get with 'PrintScreen' into a folder. So that you don't have to leave the game to save them. Just run the program, run Mount&Blade, take all the screenshots you want with 'PrintScreen', then when you leave the game you can see all the captured shots.

draskusthemanhunterfy9.jpg

Draskus the Manhunter

Oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into....

I had never, in my years of playing M&B, played with these settings... in fact, I'd always played on the easiest settings available as far as AI, damage, speed and so on... What a shock to the system this was when I fell over a dozen times in TRAINING! That had always been just a free level up, but I actually had to work for it this time, and how! I also always keep saving on in games, if for nothing else so I could restore if there is a glitch or something else not in my control, but inspired by this thread I turned it on realistic.... dear lord I'm in for one hell of a ride here.... I can't even wear my helmet yet! Hah, I'll keep this post updated as his career goes on, which I don't estimate to be too long quite frankly. He'll be dead within a week...

-UPDATE-
No.... no this is impossible. I was just raped by a 9 man Vaegir party, taken prisoner, and upon release it was just me and Rolf left. A White Bandit messenger... yes, a long messenger attacked us. Sure Rolf got a nice shot at him on his first ride by him, causing him to rout, but I got greedy and tried to capture the little bastard alive. Shot down his horse with my crossbow and moved in for the knock-out blow with my mace. I was already at half strength and just as I creeped in on the guy, he swings and kills me with his blade. I would recover fully from the blow itself, but the mental damage was too much. The bastard took my as-yet-unused helmet, my gloves, and what was left of my food. Dragged us around for days without feeding us and left us for dead........ I quit! Day 2!

draskusfailsuq6.jpg

I guess its a matter of getting used to it, adjusting your decisions on what to do next. I've never played at lower than full difficulty settings, even when I first got the game back in 0.751. Sure, its more difficult in this mod, but not impossible. We'll see if anyone makes it to level 10 :smile:

Don't you mean Fast speed setting? (It's hard playing other mods because the combat is so slow, this one is the best)
What battle size do you recommend?

Jaeke said:
Don't you mean Fast speed setting? (It's hard playing other mods because the combat is so slow, this one is the best)
What battle size do you recommend?

Well if you want even faster combat, you can use 'FAST', but the mod was made with 'Normal' in mind.
Battlesize doesn't matter as much, especially now with no limit on automatic reinforcements and with the player party size up to ~200, I'd say anything above 50-60 is a good size, fewer than that is just not as fun. Larger sizes (100+ with Battlesize changer) might even help the player if you are using a large army of low tier troops.

I decided I'm gonna try and work my way up to these settings... now I feel ashamed at the way I've been playing the game until now, heh.  :oops:

So I exported the character and restarted, with saves on and damage reduced. It won't qualify for this thread but Draskus is back in business!

draskusreturnsko1.jpg

and he has a spiffy new beard  :razz:

BocajacoB said:
would it be against the rules if I use Fast Speed in this challenge?

of course not.

I just think that since fast/normal/slow affects both the player and the AI troops (I think it just speeds up all animations slightly?), it doesn't have very much of an effect, unlike the troops having higher agility and reacting to everything quicker compared to the player.

Wonderland said:
I decided I'm gonna try and work my way up to these settings... now I feel ashamed at the way I've been playing the game until now, heh.  :oops:

So I exported the character and restarted, with saves on and damage reduced. It won't qualify for this thread but Draskus is back in business!

and he has a spiffy new beard  :razz:

Allright then :smile: Pretty soon you'll be posting about reaching immortality under these hardy rules
(I wonder what's the lowerst level and fewest number of game days to reach immortality)

SUICIDE
Suicide is his name. He has been trained (which was hard as hell), taught, and brought up for one suicide mission. A mission that is so hard, not even BocajacoB (my other character(s) on easy settings) himself has even came close to immortality. But this day, and a few other days, Suicide will reach this mission, with all settings on hard. The Quest for immortality - Watch out, Suicide is coming for you!

screencaptureprofessionsq6.bmp

Suicide's Settings:

screencaptureprofessionee1.bmp

Sucide Looking for his first prey/battle. aH Ha! He has found a group of bear clan scouts.

screencaptureprofessionkm3.bmp

End Results: Victorious!

screencaptureprofessionxw9.bmp

This is going to be one hard-ass adventure.  :lol:

Update Battles - 5/27/08

First battle: 5 Bear Clan Scouts

Second Battle: 6 Bear Clan Scouts

Third Battle: 5 Bear Clan Scouts
Decided to Buy some head gear, Rumun Recommened Wercheg, they have all the new sales. So I went to Wercheg with no problems, except that big northen army chasing me, damn them. The Skull cap was only 342 denars, the merchant said 'it was on sale'.  :smile:

Fourth Battle: 11 Village Farmers
God damn. You have to even take farmers seriously now! They did 14 damage on me and there no good Deer hunters hit a 15 and 20 on me! In the end of that battle I had 9 health left. One more hit from being dead!

Fifth battle: 3 Northern Scouts
Rolf Decided to join me and my fellow mates. We might of switched a few items :lol: I did it while he was sleeping... Shhh!

End Results: Victorious... With only me and Rolf alive.  :smile:

First Trophy with Suicide. He was going to sell it, but rolf punched suicide right in the face and spoke 'You idiot, Gamble it with Rumun!'

Sixth Battle: 1 White Bandit Messanger
While on my way to Zendar, To trade my war trophy, I saw a easy prey!

Suicide's story continued: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37529.15.html  towards the bottom of the page =)

Impressive, good idea to switch gear with Rolf :smile:
With a barbarian who can wear most weapons/armor from the start, trading a trophy for items is a good idea, did you get anything good? With another char I would probably trade it for experience at that point.

That's pretty awesome Boca!

I'm in the same boat as you, as far as not ever having reached immortality even on the easiest of settings, so this was indeed quite a challenge. I love the way you presented it, looking forward to the continuation.  :smile:

You know what, this has inspired me to take up the sword once more and deal with whatever may come my way. It's just that I really liked the character I ended up with the first time around, so I wanted to have a longer campaign with him, so I'll just make a new one for this "suicide" mission, as you so aptly put it.  :shock: And I'll be taking a page out of your book by posting some screenshots of the adventure along the way.

Look out Calradia! You've got another soon-to-be-corpse coming your way!  :lol:

Btw Boca, how come your difficulty reads 84% when all the options are full? I'm guessing you have saving on? Which I might do myself, but not actually use for any purpose other than reloading in case of crashes or something.... would that be ok?

I wouldn't leave the temptation of reloading, and chose realistic saving at the start. Knowing that you really cannot go back makes you play differently. That way every character in the thread is equal and its more interesting to compare progress.

To make taking screenshots easier, you can use this program - Screen Capture Professional
http://www.download.com/Screen-Capture-Professional/3000-2192_4-10476765.html

When you run it, it saves all the pictures that you get with 'PrintScreen' into a folder. So that you don't have to leave the game to save them. Just run the program, run Mount&Blade, take all the screenshots you want with 'PrintScreen', then when you leave the game you can see all the captured shots.

Wonderland said:
Btw Boca, how come your difficulty reads 84% when all the options are full? I'm guessing you have saving on? Which I might do myself, but not actually use for any purpose other than reloading in case of crashes or something.... would that be ok?
Aw crap, I forgot I picked saving on.. Damn, it's not the same now...  :cry: I"ll just play like i didn't pick it... But still  :sad: Thanks for the heads up too !  :smile:

1sirfaromarwunderlinhw4.jpg

Sir Faromar of Zendar

I started this game and it was very fun, and I took a lot of screens so I wanted to do like a story kind of thing with it. I have full difficulty and everything, just not on auto-save, but I promise to play as if it was.  :razz:

The thing is, I think I'm going to be posting way too many screenshots and write too much of a storyline for this thread, so I made a separate one for the story. I'm hoping that's all right Chel? I guess it also makes sense for the fact that saving isn't on so technically it doesn't qualify for this challenge, but I wanted to play along anyway. I'll be continuing the story in this thread.

BocajacoB said:
Wonderland said:
Aw crap, I forgot I picked saving on.. Damn, it's not the same now...  :cry: I"ll just play like i didn't pick it... But still  :sad: Thanks for the heads up too !  :smile:

is your guy still alive? :smile:

look forward to it, Wonderland. (I centered the post for you)

Haha, yes indeed he still breathes! He's actually been doing a LOT better than the manhunter, which I think is due to his party being able to travel quicker, as well as having better armor and weapons possibly. Maybe it's also just luck.  :razz:

Oh and, thanks for the edit.

Chel said:
BocajacoB said:
Wonderland said:

is your guy still alive? :smile:

look forward to it, Wonderland. (I centered the post for you)
Yea, I'll post when he dies  :grin: oh, it will be a sad moment  :sad: lol, I haven't really had the time to play EGII as much I want  :???:

I put difficulty to max and got owned by a group of 25 nord warriors :evil:

But.....I returned with 65 mixed soldiers :twisted:  I love that morale mod.

This settinf is so wierd, i just got pummled by 22 sisters of dawn. And then got killed.

Reallt not big fan of the morale thingy, i just hate hunting those bear clan member on battle scene with my deerand bear hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom