[EG II] TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still found the Nineth book of life with some 6 bear clan bandits, found all 4 inmortals, in my army now, and talked to Ramun, and I've to bring this worthy trophy thing...Anyway, I ''hired'' a boat and a crew again, coz the option was still up, so I los annother 10000 denars, but everything is the same :S So what's the point of that? I can get annother ship, but not waisting more 10.000 denars, only got 70.000...

Don't waste your money buddy, doing it again doesn't do anything.

Nutcracker, that was hilarious! I can't wait to see more of this psychopathic old knight.  :grin:

New weapon :grin: ( i turned up corpses to unlimited, lowers my fps if i look at corpses en masse though) I think it's better than khergits honour and dragonbane.

Might get an atlantic armour set, for castle sieges. Currently wearing the boots as the Saracen Horde stole my light khergit guard boots.

Missed out on the first saracen horde book. Took em down to 150 units through much hit and run battles. wittled em down a bit. lost my whole army and a bunch of gear. got replacement gear, new army went looking for them. a damn vaegir lord with 200 units attacked them. so i joined in, but no book at the end, and the vaegir lord said i stole his victory... the bastard. I wanted to attack him after that, but he had 300 units from prisoners he acquired... Anyway, found a new saracen horde while I was playing around with recording stuff, battle size was only set to 60 so it was a bit easier. whittled em down the same way. Got book :grin:

That's all 10. Don't think I'll complete immortality until I die... For fun :grin: (I've never continued playing a character that has died before.)
Currently maxing out my strength for epic armour.
I've recorded some footage, though its not my best fighting, comp kinda lags a bit. Still need to cut it up and host it somewhere. Sound didnt record for some reason. :sad: 

Those are high stats for lvl 29! Did you use many epic trophies to train?

Jaeke said:
That's all 10. Don't think I'll complete immortality until I die... For fun :grin: (I've never continued playing a character that has died before.)

Keep in mind after immortality a lot of very powerful dead parties will appear all over, so they should keep you busy.
Did you ever find the Templar Sword?

No templar sword yet. It's damn rare. It's one of the reasons i havent recruited any companions yet.
Yes I used many, many epic trophies. I autobattled this one onyx party and got 4 epic trophies in loot ! Sometimes no epics for ages. I lost my deathward and my backup deathward at one point. so i was running around autobattling alot of parties with elites. took a long time to get one epic. So its pretty random.
Yes I've seen my brother get immortality. I'm starting to think I have actually got immortality at one point, I remember the dead parties everywhere(restless ones?), so yea I might join a faction and take a castle so I have a nice place to hide from them.

Peasant said:
I had great luck. Richard the manhunter set out on his epic quest but just as he reached zendar band of warriors got him. Oh well, that's only -2 strength and 1 agility.
If you think you're lucky, I got nabbed by a Migrating Bear Clan on my way to Praven. I was the only one in the party. The only way I would've stood a chance is if I was wearing the full Atlantis armor set and a really nice weapon.

But that poor schmuck was only level 4.

Hey ran into a...problem? Well, I've got two Tenth tomes of life, two of them!  :???: Is that a bug or something or...what?xD

...Actual video at end of post...
Hopefully this video upload works. I tried youtube but couldn't get the high res option to work.
Test link to test video, a big 5 seconds, woot woot. Watch the stream. Then download the actual AVI file to see the difference. Stream is 300kb in size, AVI file is 1mb.

TEST Stream Link here
http://www.vimeo.com/1193202

I personally think it looks a bit too blurry as you can't read the text. Text is readable if you download the AVI file though.
I too dumb to figure out how to link directly to the AVI file.
You can download the AVI file at the bottom right of the page. It's better quality.

Will edit when the actual file finishes uploading

Lemme know if it works :grin:

EDIT:
Thanks to some lightning not striking 2 minutes later i now have to reupload the whole funkin' video, there goes another hour of life...

EDITEDIT: Yay Upload complete. I recorded a new vid because I couldn't be bothered cutting up and putting together the other ones i had recorded. Its just a standard battle, no editing or sound/music.

ACTUAL VIDEO HERE ( AND it's not as blurry as i had imagined)

http://www.vimeo.com/1193481 Streaming size roughly 10 mb , AVI is 34mb.

Ignore most of the video description part, I, uh... got bored... >.>

Enjoy.

Well if you had already obtained a tome through loot, but then got defeated in battle and taken prisoner and they stole your tome and there was only one in the game. It might be a bit hard to get track down and get it back.

Wonderland, I'm afraid Sir NutCracker doesn't wander among us anymore. He made the mistake to underestimate some Sisters of the Light. On account of them being women. Well, may he rest in peace, that old psychopath.

But there are still other people wandering Calradia to uphold the banner of true virtue!

Hail, Osgotir!

osgotirki8.jpg

But let the man speak for himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Archives of Calradia,

I hope this dispatch reaches you in good health.

Osgotir is my name and in the case of my demise I'd be pleased to know that my life's work will be remembered for posterity's sake.

This is the first part of my new life's story.

THE PAST
It had been a stormy day when the Swadians decided to take their stronghold back. The stronghold that had been payed for with Onyx blood. Lots of it at that. My fellow brothers had been manning the defense: we had archers behind the crennelations and lots of brave templars manning the walls and the keep. Many a recent recruit had been busy emptying his bowels. Heck, even I had felt the need to take a piss. It's always the same with me before a fight.

The most honoured elder brother had me holding a reassuring speech to the troops, but mostly for the benefit of all those skinny youngsters. Well, that's what a veteran grunt in wartime and drill sergeant in peace time does, ain't it?

So, I went to the keep, mounted the stage we had just recently used to sacrifice some o' them barbaric nord pissers and hollered some.

"Don't worry, you piss ant soldiers! Take a look at that swadian sons of *****es! Them reconquering this castle? Never. Ever. Say on thing for these swadian ******s, say that they know how to build a fortress! Besides, I've been in number of battles and from how things stand, we've got about as many soldiers as them swadian arseholes. And we're behind walls!"

The battle hardened among us kept pursing their lips and had to work hard not to fall into hard laughter at that. They knew it'd be a piece of cake battle. How could we lose?

But lose we did. Because someone had forgotten to lock the back door after he went out shopping and skirt chasing (read: looting and raping) among the farms the night before.That someone being my mother's favourite and only son. Darn it!

THE PRESENT
So, here I am, sitting in the tavern of Rivacheg, pondering upon which course to take next. But I'm hurrying ahead too far, begging your pardon.

THE RECENT PAST
I've gotten away alive after having been knocked out. I've woken up to the smell of acrid smoke and burning flesh. Damn, it sizzled and sazzled! I've been laying in a pit full of corps that was already burning. Them swadian cocksuckers must've taken me gone for good. Well, then. I gathered my wits (what had been left, at least), took a deep breath and waited for the smoke to be thick enough to give me a cover to crawl away unnoticedly.

Soot-facedly making my way among the countryside, I kept lugging my armor and mace in a sack to appear as another homeless and poor bugger. Nobody bothered me, if you don't count the bypassers spitting on me and calling me names. That had been the least of my concerns, though. I lived off the land for a couple of days until I'd reached Zendar. Me having an account at the Free Bank Of Zendar with all my savings. 20.000 Denar! Not bad, huh? Hopefully enough to get me started to restore my honor.

Finally arriving at Zendar, the guards wouldn't let me pass through the gates, but there are advantages to having 350 pounds on a seven feet frame. I caved in their skulls and took their money (they wouldn't be needing it anymore, now, would they?).

I quickly made my way to the bank, identified myself with a pre-arranged password as the owner of the account in question, got my money, visiited the whorehouse while letting my armor be un-dented at the local armory. After that I stocked up on groceries (those Zendarians really drive a hard bargain!), donned my armor, bought me a nifty bastard sword and gathered a rag tag army of misfits and some Onyx recruits.

Off we wandered the countryside, looking for fish small enough to be beaten and avoiding fish big enough to devour us. It had been hairy. On the way, I hired a messenger to go to Velucha and to ask for reinforcements. A few days later the messenger brought me the reply, from my liege:

"Bugger of, Osgotir! First, you'll have to prove your worth and your mettle. Then, maybe, we'll be able to forget what had happened at the swadian stronghold you and your men had lost!"

Hard words, but true nonetheless. I figured that raiding a few Nord farms might be enough to ingratiate myself with my Onyx brethren. Off I led my men, to loot, plunder, pillage and rape one Nord farm and village after the other. Until we've encountered some White Bandits who had made one village their ultimate *****. Us being outnumbered 1 to 3, barely managed to kill every last of them towel heads! But I had been knocked out leading a charge to safe some children and suffered a broken arm. It was my sword arm, so I had to switch my sword to my left arm and didn't manage well in the subsequent fights. But my recently acquired bodyguards Rolf, Marnid and Ymira would cover my back and sides and so, with their help, I pulled through.

Speaking of my bodyguards: there's something strange about them. I swear I've seen them taking hits that would've unmanned even the most seasoned and battle-hardened fighter. But somehow they never have a scratch in the aftermath. I meant to ask them, but I haven't, yet. You know, in the heat of the battle and within all that chaos I might've imagined things. But still...

THE PRESENT
It's day 31, now and we're about 45 guys and gals fighting to restore the Onyx honour.

Let's see how we'll fare.

Osgotir over and out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, ppl.

I have 2 female chars:
Sasha, the Khergit
and Lorna, the Vaegir.

Lorna is really the fun one to play, and she has just lost her second battle. Well, had to withdraw, really...
(I'll post some pictures when I get the time)
It was really great fun.

After an ignominious defeat facing 45 onyx troops VS my 86 (mostly) light vaegir horseman... and IT was ignominious... In the end I had some 20 troops still standing, and 20 injured... and that's because I have some surgery on my companions (i don't put it on myself... i find it too unrealistic. but couldn't help to put a little on my companions... oops). Ah, and the enemy still had some 26 standing, or something like that.

Soo... I decided to start training a few swadian knights or at least men at arms, and a few of them actually reached pikeman status (or something like this), when I decided to loot and burn a northern village.

Easy, right?

Wrong... specially if the northern army comes in to save the day with its almost 300 troops (287 or something).

So... 300 (counting peasants) VS 74 mostly idiots wielding "knifes" and stuff.

It was a mighty battle, and for the first time, I experienced the actual feel of comanding an army, and facing endless waves of enemies.

We did mighty well, retreated away from the village a few times, regrouped, formed:

***** - Infantary (a mix of sisters of dawn and swadian grunts)
ooo - a few archers
CCCCCCCC - Cavalary (mostly Vaegir Horseman, a few light, and sisters of the first light - god bless them)

The fight went on and on, and everytime I thought the enemy was at a rout, a new wave would come and I would bonk my head.

The god damn warlords and nordmen really gave hell on our troops, and in the end I ordered a retreat away from the village, and pressed backspace to see how many of my troops were still standing:

no more reinforcements...
me a vaegir horseman and a sister of the first light (still in the village, retreating... oh she kills a nordman, another... good)

I decided to back away. There's nothing we can do besides getting killed. Not a good thing to do, if you're trying to reach immortality.
In the end:

We killed or maimed around 170 of the northern bastards, and they did the same to 71 of our bastards... it was a nice afternoon in the country.

A little bit after, I went to Ramun to complain about the weather and got myself an army of 90 troops, mostly vaegir lights. We went and kicked 231 little bears, with almost no casualties... and lo and behold, they were joined in battle by a few of the villagers of the last battle - a bug, no doubt... but borcha had a theory about it - they were some obsessed bastards that went after us day and night until they saw the Bear Clan attacking, and decided to make a move on us and have theyre revenge.

Ah, status on immortality - 3 books and a headache.

Cheers
:cool:

i don't have access to the comp with my wildman, i have no pics for you. you'll have to take my word for about 4-5 days. everything is maximum difficuly, everything that can help is turned off(if i knew how to remove the health bar, i would. i don't even remember his actual stats or level(it's high though, i'll tell you that). high str and agility, almost never hit by a horse(due to some module.ini editing, that is usually a one hit K.O.) low intel and charisma, and not yet immortal. i'm serving under the kingdom of the nords, and have just taken a swadian town. only need the bear clans tome(already did trainer quest, and i went broke getting the tome from the saracens. i was only gone a week before disbanding them). high athletics, obviously, i don't bother with weapon mastery beyond four, power strike and throw are all at top. i use a templars sword(courtesy of king graveth's party), and i only use bear clan armor. i went through this same character about twenty times before i got lucky. savings realistic.

keinve said:
i don't have access to the comp with my wildman, i have no pics for you. you'll have to take my word for about 4-5 days. everything is maximum difficuly, everything that can help is turned off(if i knew how to remove the health bar, i would. i don't even remember his actual stats or level(it's high though, i'll tell you that). high str and agility, almost never hit by a horse(due to some module.ini editing, that is usually a one hit K.O.) low intel and charisma, and not yet immortal. i'm serving under the kingdom of the nords, and have just taken a swadian town. only need the bear clans tome(already did trainer quest, and i went broke getting the tome from the saracens. i was only gone a week before disbanding them). high athletics, obviously, i don't bother with weapon mastery beyond four, power strike and throw are all at top. i use a templars sword(courtesy of king graveth's party), and i only use bear clan armor. i went through this same character about twenty times before i got lucky. savings realistic.

sounds pretty damn hardy :smile: do you use 'Focus'? I found it very useful with a Wildman.

Chel said:
keinve said:

sounds pretty damn hardy :smile: do you use 'Focus'? I found it very useful with a Wildman.

now and then, but since i usually play characters with hero complexes, i don't really do much more than stab people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom