Dev Blog 01/03/2018

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_29_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] Hump day is behind us and the weekend is in sight; Thursday is upon us and it is time for another of our weekly updates! Grab a cup of [i]camel-mile[/i] tea, sit back and let us introduce you to a new addition to the [b]Mount[/b] & Blade series. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/49

they should include a video of the animation dev running from a camel. Using Google and Youtube is not funny enough. You also need real life experience (of fear of death) to properly create the animal for combat  :twisted:

Camels are just an example. What they really wanted to show is that:
1) Skeletons for mounts are actually working. If you ever saw an elephant in an M&B mod (say, Perisno) it always resulted in an ugly cluster of glitches. However, this camel looks natural, hinting that any stupid mount we might think of won't as well. So yes, you might be able to run around on arhino that doesn't glitch through existence
2) Now you can have actual terrain based penalties and bonuses. I liked in WB that when you entered a forest you suddenly slowed down a lot. In Bannerlord, camels are given increased stats in desert. This means that it's actually moddable to, say, reduce morale for non-vaegir units in snowy terrain, or having kerghits faster in the steppes, and these bonuses and maluses can affect pieces of equipment as well.
Those new features open up SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much in terms of modding. Can't wait to see, for example, Battanians having increased melee damge in the forests thus being able to ambush Imperial troops, who are just faster and have better morale than other factions, meanwhile Vlandian horses are slowed down by rocky terrain.
I have 1 question: Can the vicinity and the relation of a settlement affect our troops as well? IE: Sturgians are able to fight better near their homes, but get rekt when they're in enemy territory.
This is going to be the most underestimated Dev Blog, sadly.

Great suprise and developer blog TW !
I remember I asked a question about why you dont design camels and elephants yourselves so you can take the credits instead of the modders since you already have a great tool to build different skeleton types which means majority of the job is already done. So it has been proven again that the way of logic is one and you decided to do the camels(who knows maybe you will introduce elephants next week  :party:).

About the design I really loved it, it looks quite convincing bravo.
Though I think you have to fix the guy not holding the bridles problem.

Also I am a little worried because I fail to see the footprints of the camel in the gif.

I have to admit I am shocked by the attitude of the community overall.
I mean for me, camel is a very tasty suprise I cant understand why did most of the people said ''meh''.In Warband we only had one mount and now we will have another one.
I was expecting community to be more than grateful for this since the gap between bannerlord and warband was already significant enough.

I mean I dont even mention the steam forums one guy literally said sth like ''Oh, are they going to introduce the dog of a some peasant next week? Ffffs !''

Also I want to share a quote from one of the steam users in order to show you how are fans psychologies' doing while waiting for a release date:

Will there be camel variants such as the stealth camel or the electronic warfare camel? 

KhergitLancer80 said:
Also I want to share a quote from one of the steam users in order to show you how are fans psychologies' doing while waiting for a release date:

Will there be camel variants such as the stealth camel or the electronic warfare camel? 
Good god, the community is slowly descending into madness

Neat little blog, the gif looks great :smile:

Also camel cavalry is definitely terrifying:

mariusz-kozik-camels-cataphract.jpg

KhergitLancer80 said:
I was expecting community to be more than grateful for this since the gap between bannerlord and warband was already significant enough.
I mean I dont even mention the steam forums one guy literally said sth like ''Oh, are they going to introduce the dog of a some peasant next week? Ffffs !''
Well I for one would have been grateful for this kind of news back in 2015.  Now I just find these kind of features irksome
...and you joke about a blog about a phesants dog, I'm sure the idea of a camel blog was a joke for us sometime back in 2017  :lol:
Maybe we'll get the dog blog in 2019

Takesis said:
Neat little blog, the gif looks great :smile:

Also camel cavalry is definitely terrifying:

mariusz-kozik-camels-cataphract.jpg

That image makes me wonder if armoured camels will be a thing in the game.

I assume only Aserai and one of the Imperial factions will have camel units.
In fact historically speaking, Mongols also had camels but Asian camels had two humps.
Also I think they only used them in trade and not in battles though I may be wrong.

M.Eastern camels:
develer-1-270315.jpg

Asian camels:
13_Camel%201.jpg

Madijeis said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Good god, the community is slowly descending into madness

:lol:

Crowcorrector said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
Well I for one would have been grateful for this kind of news back in 2015.  Now I just find these kind of features irksome
...and you joke about a blog about a phesants dog, I'm sure the idea of a camel blog was a joke for us sometime back in 2017  :lol:
Maybe we'll get the dog blog in 2019

I would be fine with a dog blog but only if dogs were usable in warfare.

Maybe we will get camel armour the same way we have horse armour. It may be a stretch, but seeing how there's 'naked' model in game, we probably will have a choice in equipment for our camel as well.

I like the animation in the gif, too. Looks really good.

Cool blog, new info to me at least.  Glad to see this kind of detail going into the game.  Keep these blogs going nice and regular, it is definitely appreciated by those of us who have been here for a while.

Please pass on to the Devs to take as long as they need to finish the game.   

Really cool! I wasn't expecting this to be honest but I'm delighted. It will be interesting to see how the camels can be used in war and what additional tactics they offer or force us to adapt too.  :smile:

When I read the blog's title I was expecting to be disappointed, but actually enjoyed the blog. was going to say something like below
kalarhan said:
it includes gameplay impact (combat), worldmap diversity (bonus for travelling and caravans), faction and area diversity for the desert.

It also demonstrates the power of the engine for mods that want to create new animals, which is a big deal.
I think they should have focused less on the camel itself and more on its implication (could we see speed/maneuverability penalties for heavy cavalry in snow/boggy areas?)

After read this blog, i was thinking if they gonna add steppe horses for khuzait. Do you think that with their smaller size they would be more maneuverable in the game?

So very interesting as everything that adds diversity in the game!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the only game of that tipe where camels are represented.

If so this may really mean that we are somewhat close to a release. They wouldn't reveal it, if not so. 

Edit: Years ago some, including me, suggested that spare animals could affect the inventory of a band. If so camels could add a lot in a caravan in terms of transporting goods, especially in the desert. This could also be important roleplay element.

So the introduction of camels could turn out to be not that secondary as a feature depending on how they are implemented. 

Holy moly, didn't see this one coming! I had thought about camels being in the game and years ago I think it was one of the ideas I either suggested or supported, but I didn't expect them; this is a nice surprise.

Ettenrocal said:
How many "blogs" like that before the release ? Its great but seriously... 3 random screenshots would have been as good for speaking of almost nothing. Could we have a blog on servant girls on taverns ?  :facepalm: but no board games please !!! :shifty:

3 random screenshots would not have told you what the blog was about, nor would it have told us about the tactical differences that they have to horses- nor, indeed, that they could be used in combat and as pack animals. Besides, some people do find the behind the scenes detail of how it was created interesting.

How many blogs like this? They are weekly blogs, they are not going to be essays. We are getting blogs about 25 times more frequently than we were before, and generally getting a similar amount of info and screenshots as we did in the original series of blogs. That's not bad at all.

Koinski said:
A Camel???
I say, this is the last straw!

:lol:

Good one.

Anyway, I wonder if camels will have problems in snowy terrain or horses in the desert? Things like this will certainly add a new layer to planning our campaigns outside of combat.

Back
Top Bottom