world map still looking dated

Users who are viewing this thread

Why don't you make it early in the game engine that more than 220 kilometers of map shape in the drawing above castle, village, Bridges, trees, etc., it can lead a new pattern, let others learn from TW company. Oh, I can't wait. It seems you are really want to be a blockbuster ah, don't forget the details, such as weapons of cutting into the human body, people will be pain, weapons will be a pause of animation, lance pick people fly, wu wear the wound cry, kneel for mercy, short mutilation arm, a thunderstorm, sunvo discoloration, rain, thunder and lightning, quality is the most like the assassins creed 3 light and shadow, EA1 quality, anyway I want you to become NO. 1.By the way, your map can be divided into several forces, players lit area, other area can't see, can reduce the pressure of the engine, can raise up details, give the player a HOME health, could find themselves.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
NPC99 said:
I hope you mean this Thursday. I’d love to see more of the world map & its features. News on a world map editor would also be helpful - every full conversion mod needs its own world map.

Not for the next few weeks at least, sorry.

This transperancy is a step in the right direction!  Was legit expecting "soon"  :lol:

Any update on this?

So many good posts in this thread. I hope TW will take some of it under consideration.  The screens from the map mods look particularly good with tree lined roads and more variety in the terrain.

Duh said:
The biggest issue with the fief icons (base+expansion) is that they are largely (only?) generic templates. They are props dropped on the world rather than "handcrafted". That they work with slopes is - to me - a standard that is to be expected rather than praised. What i would like to see is various individually placed icons in synch with the surrounding terrain and (somewhat) reflective of the scene. Animations would be nice as well, of course, but don't seem as crucial to building a believable world.

At first i was like, quiet you... the map looks amazing. But now that you have pointed it out  :shock: ..... The land was there first, and then people decided to build on important land features.... The entire banner lord map looks like you could randomize the x,y coordinates of icon locations and nothing would change at all.  :shock: That is so bad, i mean there should be castles built on hills/mountains, or near giant channels, or tucked in between valleys. Also the desert shouldn't just be all sand, i hope they add like a string of oasis s', a Nile like river, and add mountains and truly flesh out the desert. Its so easy to think nothing is in the desert but in reality, all the castles and structures were built near very unique geographical locations even more so because that would be the only advantage to building a city in the desert.

I don't want them to take any longer in making the game, but at the same time i really hope they flesh out the map. It's a key component that i wouldn't want to have to rely on a mod to make, or just simply go without.

You can have a few castles out in the middle of a plain field, but that should be rare, you should really make the surrounding area filled with flourishing farm land or green pastures, and by doing that it will really give that icon a true unique feel. As mentioned somewhere by Duh, that would definitely give someone a reason to explore the scene.

Dude the world map really lol... They already said the game isn't going to be too graphic intense but more so about your CPU... Havn't really seen the map much but it can't be terrible looking..  Probably will be better than you think.. :cool:

Daisho said:
Dude the world map really lol... They already said the game isn't going to be too graphic intense but more so about your CPU... Havn't really seen the map much but it can't be terrible looking..  Probably will be better than you think.. :cool:

... April fool’s

I'm more concerned about the lack of roads between cities and villages. It would be great to be able to build them in Kingdom mode to increase the mobility of both troop movements and trade caravans.

Daisho said:

Though not the best I expect the map to look decent, that being said what we have definitely isn't the final version.

Bjorn The Raider said:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1457340983216971711

23/11/17 to be exact.

Well here the rivers finally have more depth to them so that great.

Back
Top Bottom