"Black" Troops

Should the Black (Khergit) Knights be brought back?

• Yes, both of 'em

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Yes, Black Knights only

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Yes, Black Khergit Raiders only

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, via a mod (MB classic)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • NO

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

killkhergit

Squire
Suddenly noticed that the black armor stuff is still in item_kinds. I truly and so badly miss them. Now it's just sucky bandits or Kingdom hero party's. In .808 they were the best-of-the-best bandits who could easily win battles against war party's then. Now kingdom hero's won't be having such a relaxed time if the enemy faction is away raiding. Black Khergits shouldn't be forgot about either, hard to beat fast guys, patrolling around Tulga in .808. The steppes weren't the chillout place as they are now with some measly Steppe Bandits here and there.

Add (back) in better bandit groups who can actually compeat with Kingdom Hero's?

Yes but only the black knights seeing as we have the khergits as a join able faction.Concerning the khergits however i'd like to see the more veteran units in that gold khergit guard armor.

They really don't fit anymore. In the sense that the whole game has gone from medieval fantasy settings to more like semirealistic/feudal/medieval kind of thing. Also in the sense that the map is sprawling with looters, mountain/forest/steppe bandits, deserters and sea raiders. Where would you fit two more bandit types? They just don't fit.

edit. I also voted "Yes, via a mod"

The Black Knights could represent Robber Barons leading detachments of well armed Robber Knights out to plunder and pillage. It would be an interesting challenge to have your villages preyed upon both by enemy faction troops and these new Black Robber Knights.

Well in one Topic I started about more neutral bandit groups, etc there

Black Knights could be very skilled warriors in Poor iron armor that raided caravans, small patrols, and sometimes villages at night. Most only caught a glimpse of these shouting warriors at night and so the rumor started between the ignorant masses of peasents and traders that the mystical black knights from their wives tales had come to calradia!

Wasn't sure so I said put them both in a M&B classic mod. Wouldn't mind Black Khergit raiders in native though.

Maybe the black knights could be a mini faction led by a renegade swadian lord with a heart of darkness style backstory.

If outlaws/rebels? would get their own faction, then they could be it's top tier troops. (e.g. knights who have followed their renegade lord)

Please no black Knights! It would be tacky...

Higher level cavalry based bandits -"black" kergits- would be good though.

Why does everything have to be "black" this-and-that? Its so corny...

alh_p said:
Why does everything ahve to be "black" this-and-that? Its so corny...
We're talking about the same medieval times, right? The BIRTH of naming and creative literature? For example, when I say that jokes been done to death, its because that joke was probally done by some poor pig farmer in medieval times! lol

DamienZharkoff said:
alh_p said:
We're talking about the same medieval times, right? The BIRTH of naming and creative literature? For example, when I say that jokes been done to death, its because that joke was probally done by some poor pig farmer in medieval times! lol

What on earth are you talking about?

alh_p said:
DamienZharkoff said:
alh_p said:

What on earth are you talking about?
The fact that EVERYTHING in medieval times, dark ages, etc was cliche

Well, I guess Khergit raiders would fit in, with that one khergit companion's stories of every now and then barbarian Khergit tribes pushing in Calradia with force and taking over the ones that came before them and since then have gotten fat and lazy. But Dark Hunters? An evil cult of bandit knights who a) hate and attack everyone without any particular provocation b) are big in numbers(at least that's what I remember from versions .6xx - .7xx) and c) somehow mystically have a ****load of wealth to buy the best equipment imaginable? In Calradia, a logical video game surrounding whose factions, peoples, geography, history and the like are so strongly based in real life equivalents that it's a very, very believable place?

Well, if yes, then I want the goddamn zombies back as well.

You wouldn't even have to call them "Black Khergit Raiders."  Just "Khergit Raiders."  I would be more interested in a different bandit type, though.  Vaegirs have mountain bandits, Khergit have Steppe Bandits, and Nords have Sea raiders but Swadia and Rhodocks share forest bandits?  Bah.

Yeah it twas, I was a weathly nobleman who slew 20 French Knights at the battle of Againcourt during my past Medieval life didn't you know?  :razz:

Onto the topic, I does miss the Black , and Khergit, Knights, although whether or not their previous incarntations would actually meld into the present versions of Mount&Blade would be argueable, however during .808 I loved them.

Well, Black Knights were historically Knights who coated their armour in black paint to prevent it from rusting as they could not afford a squire.

I suppose we could have something in the likes of "Renegade Knights" or "Outlaw Knights" for that matter who basically are nobility down on their luck or Knights refusing to abide to the codes of chivalry after performing a dishonourable act.

We could even have quests related to the extermination of particular Knights leading a warband of these outlaws from Lords with particular vendettas against them or Guild Masters concerned with the appearance of these professional soldiers riding down caravans and trading their goods on the black market.

FrisianDude said:
I thought black knights were knights who hid their blazon to avoid anyone recognizing them.

That was true as well. But I was thinking of an explanation for their existence in game.

Back
Top Bottom