Just starting on 107% difficulty

Users who are viewing this thread

pvtpokeymon

Recruit
And i have to say that bows and crossbows are ruining the game for me, not because they are difficult to deal with early you just ride in circles until they are out of ammo, but how LONG it takes and how little patience i have to wait for it -.-. rant off.

But on a side note is it just better to start again if you havent achieved X amount of enterprises in Y amount of days. Or X amount of castles within Y amount of days. ive been reading on people founding pendor at day around 400 and in my playthrough on around 40% it took me until around 700 days to found my own kingdom.

Also is it possible to split say a stack of 50 ravenstern rangers into 3 different groups of rangers say two groups of 10 and one of 30 for the sake of entering a battle with perfect army compositions instead of only 50 rangers because i tend to run around with 30-50 archers infantry and cavalry all of one type.

You can't split stacks like that.

No need to restart unless you're going for a speedrun, or you want certain random things to be a certain way (lord personalities, KO chapter spawns).

The abundance of powerful AI missile troops is intentional to make the game more challenging than Native.

yes but wont minor faction armies and major factions get increasingly larger and stronger to the point i cant beat them if i have not managed to keep up. like say d'shar owning half the map by the time i found my kingdom and being borderline unbeatable at this point?

No faction is unbeatable, ever, if your character and army size are strong enough. High prisoner management and picking off lords 1 by 1, and throwing them into jail works wonders.

You dont have to create your kingdom, its enough to stay mercenary and help weakened factions against dshar, or join dshar and use their lords to wipe invading armies and lead lords away from enemy factions. There are castles and cities with siege layout so good, that I dare say, its possible to hold them with 50 units per 1k enemies. Endgame units ofc, not some militia and farmers :razz:
In my games its very rare for any army to grow larger than 1k, but I dont think that any of those can become unbeatable.

After so many days you should have decent realations with many lords, asking them to join, straight up or after capturing them will help you a lot. If they wont join, you can at least ask them to leave you alone, if engagement truly is not in your favor.

Im not saying ever, just dont rush it, maintain balance, keep minor factions in check, dont add another big factions to your immediate "be wary of/care about" list. In time you should develop companions and your char enough to deal with a few big factions at once. I dont think that there is a moment where you are too late to create your kingdom, if anything, then you are more and better prepared.

I have moments where I rebel, keep all my things, take another fief from previous faction and they ask for peace. Nobody after that wants to mess with me. Even if they wanted, I have more than enough troops to hold both noldors and all enemy marshal blobs.

Day 1500 on my recent run, still haven't kept my kingdom yet.

Just make sure to keep your renown up. If you want a really slow game then you should consider turning off renown decay, otherwise late game sieges become a chore.

It's actually better for you if there's less factions on the map. Join them, use the opportunity to make friends with their lords, and when you rebel you'll be able to recruit them easily. Each lord you'll steal from them is one more lord on your side as well, so you can quickly turn the tables on the superfaction like this.

DarkTemplar said:
You dont have to create your kingdom, its enough to stay mercenary and help weakened factions against dshar, or join dshar and use their lords to wipe invading armies and lead lords away from enemy factions. There are castles and cities with siege layout so good, that I dare say, its possible to hold them with 50 units per 1k enemies. Endgame units ofc, not some militia and farmers :razz:
In my games its very rare for any army to grow larger than 1k, but I dont think that any of those can become unbeatable.

After so many days you should have decent realations with many lords, asking them to join, straight up or after capturing them will help you a lot. If they wont join, you can at least ask them to leave you alone, if engagement truly is not in your favor.

That's pretty lucky of you man. I've had Syla Uzas hit 4k once, and one of the Noldor lords hit 4k as well. Don't think I've seen higher than that but by Astrea was Syla hard.

beanywalrus said:
DarkTemplar said:

That's pretty lucky of you man. I've had Syla Uzas hit 4k once, and one of the Noldor lords hit 4k as well. Don't think I've seen higher than that but by Astrea was Syla hard.

I dont consider it lucky, I want big battles, I had one ~3.4k vs ~4.2k, I want more of those. But marshal blobs tend to eat spawns regularly.

People really neglect it, but shield skill is extremely important for dealing with large amounts of ai ranged weapons. By the time you get to about 7 shield skill, you will have a substantial protective force field which will help keep you alive.

DarkTemplar said:
I dont think that there is a moment where you are too late to create your kingdom, if anything, then you are more and better prepared.

I have moments where I rebel, keep all my things, take another fief from previous faction and they ask for peace. Nobody after that wants to mess with me. Even if they wanted, I have more than enough troops to hold both noldors and all enemy marshal blobs.
You can make super CKO as a vassal, and get your king to give you a few towns (which when you rebel will pull their villages with you).

Then you make sure to have a nice stock of noble recruits, then just before you press the red button, you take them all and then level them. Then convert enmasse to super CKO and rebel.

Actually, it might be more fun to rebel in a more unified map, giving you some really meaty forces to dismember.

I had a campaign in 3.603 where I dragged a game out to 2000 some hundred games.

All kings were replaced with puppet claimants and I just went around as a merc shooting people with bow and arrows

As per your time frame:

I generally play on max difficulty... because... I like the way it hurts.  I normally form my kingdom in 1 year, thats the general time frame of it.  I like to ride my horsie and throw tooth picks through people's sturnems.  I have never met a person in pendor not alergic to a broadheaded javelin.

You get used to it.

For me, I just rush mercenary and by day 100 or so, I will have enterprises everywhere. It helps avoid all the solo vs. ranged unit bull**** and lets you get into the army fielding business pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom