[Werewolf] Werewolf High - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hah, I mean, I feel Big McLarge's pain a little bit on that one. 10/10 probably not fake emotion.

And someone just posted....

It is dreadful that the overlooked younger brother has been killed. At least you could say that he wasn't overlooked... this time.

uhuh, uhuh. Uhuh. Okay, got it.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I mean this is ridiculous...besides those that haven't shown up at all, there are some that are non-active as ****. There's one guy who managed to make one (read: 1, read: I....sic!!!) post since the beginning of the game, which is more than a week. Either play Werewolf, or don't. But if you're curious about this game, then you gotta do something and not just sit around and hope somebody else does something that might entertain you.

/rant

Apologies BigMcLarge-Huge but I don't have time to be sitting on a forum playing spooky werewolferines every hour of every day. I was under the impression that it is perfectly acceptable to sit around and see what happens - there's certainly no stipulation to make inane posts with every passing hour. If you desire to shorten the player list, by all means vote to lynch me.  :iamamoron:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Apologies BigMcLarge-Huge but I don't have time to be sitting on a forum playing spooky werewolferines every hour of every day. I was under the impression that it is perfectly acceptable to sit around and see what happens - there's certainly no stipulation to make inane posts with every passing hour. If you desire to shorten the player list, by all means vote to lynch me.  :iamamoron:
So obviously you're reading along, that's at least good to know. But please don't act as if I said something about every hour of every day. There's a few vets who usually post a lot more and have consciously reduced their activity so that it's easier for new players to follow along. But this reaction to my posting was your second post in the whole game (unless I missed a one-liner somewhere). If we apply that logic to everybody, how do you expect this game to run? This is not about "spooky werewolferines" or something, it's just as silly or trivial as any other game you might play. But it's something you signed up for and that means you should have at least a vague interest in playing this game.

Honestly, why do people have to take it to the extremes? Is there no healthy middle ground between "one post a week" and "inane posts with every passing hour"? Show me where I've expected one of the two things from you, and I'll gladly show you how you've been guilty of the other.

Also, like Orgasmo said...the rules state quite clearly people should strive for one post every 24 hours. That's not a new rule. It's been there since forever. Even if you're busy (yes, I am busy, too), you can at least drop in to say "hi" and "sorry, I'm busy" or something. Just sitting back won't get us anywhere. Don't take this as an attack, but just as a way to maybe help you guys how to play this game, because that's partially why we vets are allowed in this game - to help you out. But helping you out doesn't mean to babysit everybody, because in the end we all get so caught up in being nice to each other that no hunting happens.

Untitled. said:
Vote: Big McLarge-Huge

I'm not sure whether the appropriate reaction would be:  :iamamoron:

...or to be happy you actually did something.

So just to be clear...so far the best suspicions have been that Bowser is a wolf because he uses green comic sans, and I am a wolf because I say that some of the new guys could be a bit more proactive? Awesome!  :iamamoron:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Forty eight hours, actually.
And I have so far managed to fulfill that obligation owing that I was otherwise engaged up until last Thursday.
OK, so it's 48. That's the minimum. You defend yourself by saying you've done the absolute minimum necessary not to be disqualified. I don't know, but to me this doesn't sound like how I'd play a game to begin with. Unless you are a wolf, maybe...

Oh, and I'd be really happy if people could stop talking about the crazy activity demands for this game, or as if this game is only something for guys with no life. Many dropouts often waste precious life hours in other off-topic threads or games, which is all fair enough, but when it comes to Werewolf they're suddenly all very very busy. Reminder: if you know you're going to be absent for a prolonged period of time, please announce it beforehand and nobody will say anything. BUT...it should be clear that Werewolf is different than - let's say - BoP or Diplomacy, as it's a game based on discussion. It's not about having a deadline to hand in your orders, but about interaction. If you don't interact, don't blame the game for not being fun.

No one has said that, and no one has complained. In fact, I've been rather enjoying reading the discussion, I'll interject when I choose to.

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.
Proverbs 17:28

And what happens when everyone has the same attitude as you? Are we all going to sit around staring at each other's face waiting for something to happen? Remember, the village is running against time here, and waiting is the wolves move. It's why lurking is considered suspicious.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
No one has said that, and no one has complained. In fact, I've been rather enjoying reading the discussion, I'll interject when I choose to.
If you choose to follow that route, you shouldn't be surprised if people suspect you. Maybe you aren't, but your initial reaction to my rant seemed to indicate a feeling of righteous indignation, which I don't think is quite in place in this instance.

Vote Leifr Eiríksson

I realise it may look like a bandwagon vote. But I feel the argument has a definitive validity, and in lieu of any better options it's at least a more proactive approach.

Unless the whole wolf team is a bunch of completely disinterested newbs, I doubt Leif is a wolf.

I subscribe to the "we are completely ****ed" theory of playing town in a werewolf game- that the town team always gets saddled with no-shows, disinterested parties, people who just got a new video game and forgot about this entirely, or people who see no problem with not participating or discussing.

Not to name names, but the last game that ran here had several townies who met this criteria.

Several.

Sev-er-al.

The folks making the game fun and pretending to be townies and actually hunting scum were about half guilty. Hence why the guilty parties deserved that win.

I still want to lynch Teofish.

No offense Leif. I respect your right to maintain a minimum level of activity. Just vote in a somewhat effective manner by the end of each round and I'll deal.

Back
Top Bottom