how to take out the "cheat like me" dialogue option ?

Users who are viewing this thread

inquisiteur

Veteran
Mod is wonderful but every time is see this option in the dialogue menu it kills the gameplay. Is there a simple way to take this out ?

Also, a short question: is leadership still that useful now that we are able to command 40+ soldiers right from the beginning ?

Other than that great mod thx a lot for the modder.

Hehe, I dont think the "feature" will survive many more updates of the mod. But yeah, I know what you mean. Breaks the immersion factor, hehe.

To take it out you have to install the module_system ashes offers (source of BK).

In module_dialogs.py you find this line:

[anyone|plyr,"lord_suggest_action", [],
  "CHEAT: LIKE ME.", "lord_pretalk",[(call_script,"script_change_player_relation_with_troop","$g_talk_troop",20)]],

If you delete this lines it should be fine. Or just comment them out:
#  [anyone|plyr,"lord_suggest_action", [],
#  "CHEAT: LIKE ME.", "lord_pretalk",[(call_script,"script_change_player_relation_with_troop","$g_talk_troop",20)]],

Then you just have to recompile the module system over your BK install and voila! (should work :wink: )

Well, right now if you're playing it your testing for me ; ).  That was a testing feature so I could check out how the messenger system was working without having to play for 3 hours every time I made a change.

With those options that you can request from another Lord, such as follow me or attack that city, I remember it got really annoying because there wasn't an option to have them stop following you. You could tell them to go follow someone else, but if you just wnated them to leave you alone and resume their own agenda, there was no option to have them stop. Or at least none that I remember.

shevchenko65 said:
With those options that you can request from another Lord, such as follow me or attack that city, I remember it got really annoying because there wasn't an option to have them stop following you. You could tell them to go follow someone else, but if you just wnated them to leave you alone and resume their own agenda, there was no option to have them stop. Or at least none that I remember.

Ah, that rather belongs into bugs - but good that you mentioned it. I stumbled upon this too, cos it also count for siege orders and such. They dont stop.

Ashes42 said:
Well right now the AI doesn't think, how could they disobey something?

well why not put a time factor, suchs as having him follow you based on (relation with specific lord*number of days), this would be the simpliest formula I guess...

Most simple, yes.  But that would just get changed for the next release anyway.  Instead of just putting a timer in, I'm actually going to make the AI think, I'd say thats a more elegant solution, wouldn't you agree?

You mean that the AI might think twice about following our orders blindly, and will realize that attacking a city that has five soldiers for every one of theirs, just so my army will face 10 soldiers less is foolish?

inquisiteur said:
Also, a short question: is leadership still that useful now that we are able to command 40+ soldiers right from the beginning ?
Morale is more important than being able to have 300+ men ritgh from the begining.

Back
Top Bottom