(S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my post just prior to this one I discussed the possibility of adding special volunteer troops to the capitol towns of each faction in addition to the professional soldiers that can already be recruited in towns.  My thinking on this has evolved a bit more.

One of the points of the version 2 (work in progress) recruit system is that commoner troops recruited from villages can upgrade but cannot upgrade into the professional troop line.  These professional troops are recruited from towns and castles, so long as the player has a renown of 200 and is either a faction lord or a current mercenary serving the faction.  I think this approach makes sense in limiting the numbers of top tier troops the player can have in their party, since AI lords have such limitations placed on them (albeit somewhat randomly) by the party templates. 

As I have played about 500 game-days in this work in progress version, I have recognized a little issue with this approach.  If the faction you are a member of loses a lot of castles and towns, you will have fewer places to recruit professional troops, putting you at a serious disadvantage that only gets worse as your faction loses more towns and castles.  Likewise, if you are not a member of a faction, but have chosen to work as a trader and not a mercenary, you wouldn't have access to these professional troops.

I thought that one way to mitigate this would be to have an additional good quality troop that could be available in towns and whose recruitment would not be based on faction membership and renown but instead on the player's honor.  These special troops would only serve players with honor above a pre-determined level.  If for some reason your honor went below that level, there would be a certain probability that these troops would leave your employ.  There would obviously need to be a trigger to check your honor level from time to time to make this happen.  This way honor would have a bit more meaning in the game and would also provide another avenue for players to recruit good quality troops, even when their own faction is losing towns and castles or when the player doesn't belong to a faction.

I am aware that some mods like P.O.P. have "honor troops" but don't know how their mechanism works, as I have only played the game for a very short amount of time and don't have access to their source.  I think I should be able, with my modest coding skill, to write the necessary code for this.  Does this seem like a good idea?  Let me know.

hi redleg..i really like your mod (really great9 but i want to ask to you if you can public only the

Diplomacy 4.2.
Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment (PBOD).92 including Formations (with some code from PBOD .96 to fix an Derror). 
Freelancer 1.51 (with several fixes from Floris 2.55). 

of the mod compiled without any other addictions so i can use them only ...i'm new to modding and i'm experimenting a bit.. if you want i dont publish anything or i I an publish my future own mod i'll give you your credits in it

many thanks in advance

n

JC LEON said:
hi redleg..i really like your mod (really great9 but i want to ask to you if you can public only the

Diplomacy 4.2.
Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment (PBOD).92 including Formations (with some code from PBOD .96 to fix an Derror). 

of the mod compiled without any other addictions so i can use them only ...i'm new to modding and i'm experimenting a bit.. if you want i dont publish anything or i I an publish my future own mod i'll give you your credits in it

many thanks in advance

n
I am glad you like the mod.  I might be able to provide the basic aspects you requested- with a little bit of work since I added several of the fixes after making some other  changes to the source code.  I will see what I can do.  It may take a week or so.  I can post it to dropbox or something like that.

Redleg said:
JC LEON said:

Diplomacy 4.2.

many thanks in advance

n
I am glad you like the mod.  I might be able to provide the basic aspects you requested- with a little bit of work since I added several of the fixes after making some other  changes to the source code.  I will see what I can do.  It may take a week or so.  I can post it to dropbox or something like that.

ok many thanks,, i'll wait how much time  you need and thanks for your effort... really ..

I found a really wierd thing , i don't know if it is intended to be so but...
I was in Wercheg (Nord Rebels) a fief of a fellow vassal and i clicked at Recruit young nobles and I got Swadian young nobles  :lol:

PD:
Love your mod

FrijolitoJR said:
I was in Wercheg (Nord Rebels) a fief of a fellow vassal and i clicked at Recruit young nobles and I got Swadian young nobles  :lol:

I take it that you are working on the Nord Claimant's quest and have taken Wercheg from the Nords.  The default culture for the player's kingdom is Swadian and that is probably why Swadian young nobles were the troop.  You can change your culture through your Chancellor.  I coded it so that you should be able to choose from any of the 8 available cultures.  Let me know if it works or doesn't work.  Also, which version of the mod are you playing?

Thanks for your input and support.

Redleg said:
FrijolitoJR said:

I take it that you are working on the Nord Claimant's quest and have taken Wercheg from the Nords.  The default culture for the player's kingdom is Swadian and that is probably why Swadian young nobles were the troop.  You can change your culture through your Chancellor.  I coded it so that you should be able to choose from any of the 8 available cultures.  Let me know if it works or doesn't work.  Also, which version of the mod are you playing?

Thanks for your input and support.
1.1 , maybe it's that..
Thank you for your answer!

Some of the new armors in version 1.11.  These are some of the Eastern Province troops, mainly upper tier.  Most of the Eastern armors in these images are from IgorBB's updated armors pack.  He gave these armors a nice Byzantine look to them.  The light blue armors on the archers are my own creation.  I also modified a few of IgorBB's textures, such as the leather armor shown on the far left and far right soldiers in the first image.

The heavy infantry troops wielding the spears 2-handed are meant to represent the Byzantine anti-cavalry troops who used the menavlion, a cutting spear.  The troops wielding the 2-handed axes are the guard troops.

I have added a number of my own armors for version 2.0, which is still work in progress and coming along nicely.

I like to say we are progressing slowy but surely. We were being hammered by the Sarranids I mean I couldn't even rebuild my warband cause every single one of our villages was in flames, but due to the heroics of Aldermann Alfgar and my champions we retook Starfall and pushed them out of our land. 

gerrin07 said:
I like to say we are progressing slowy but surely. We were being hammered by the Sarranids I mean I couldn't even rebuild my warband cause every single one of our villages was in flames, but due to the heroics of Aldermann Alfgar and my champions we retook Starfall and pushed them out of our land.

Thanks for the info.  In the many test-games I have played for various versions of the mod, including the ver. 2 work-in-progress, the Keltons and the Khergiz seem to do fairly well, especially considering that they have only half the number of lords and fewer towns, castles, and villages than the other factions.  They do well even when my character is not helping them out.  The Keltons tend to go after Shariz first and then expand into either Sarranid or Rhodok lands, sometimes both.  The Khergiz expand into the Eastern Province or into the Sarranid lands, sometimes both.  This makes sense but I am amused that they can pull it off, given their relative disadvantages.  I guess the main advantage they have is being on the boundaries of the map and not be completely surrounded by other factions.

I made the Keltons and the Khergiz fairly tough so they could survive, but may need to tone down the Khergiz just a bit, as they are better than the original Khergit faction in native Warband.  Their top-tier cavalry is better than the Khergit lancer was plus they have some decent foot troops.  Their horse archers are quite good, which some players hate and others enjoy.  I may make it so some of the horse archers are armed with bows while other are armed with jarids.

Looking forward to your new (1.1) version, now that I've been able to pull my head out of the radioactive Commonwealth for a breather. :smile: So glad to see you still working on this your fantastic mod. Thanks!

edit: I've noticed a couple of things. In the NPC Equipment management section, clicking on the Apply to All button for armor also applies to all the choices of weaponry you picked for that npc even if you haven't clicked the apply to all button for weapons.  Also, Marnid has taken a liking to wearing Klethi's dress after she discarded it into the loot pile....

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Looking forward to your new (1.1) version, now that I've been able to pull my head out of the radioactive Commonwealth for a breather. :smile: So glad to see you still working on this your fantastic mod. Thanks!

edit: I've noticed a couple of things. In the NPC Equipment management section, clicking on the Apply to All button for armor also applies to all the choices of weaponry you picked for that npc even if you haven't clicked the apply to all button for weapons.  Also, Marnid has taken a liking to wearing Klethi's dress after she discarded it into the loot pile....

That is truly bizarre.  I haven't seen that happen before.  Did you start a new game for the new version?

Yes, I did (I'm a chronic new-game starter, I never get anywhere in the game) :grin: I also noticed that I couldn't get my npc's to keep their bolts if they had 'bolts' selected in the auto-loot option. They would discard them and not pick them up again. I think I've come across that one before in other mods, but I can't remember what or when. It just doesn't sound new.
edit: they were specifically 'bent bolts' so I don't know if that makes a difference

edit2: i just caught a script error that flashed by something about troop code/error, there was I think 2155 and the second number was 602 (I think, it flashed by). sorry if that doesn't help.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Yes, I did (I'm a chronic new-game starter, I never get anywhere in the game) :grin: I also noticed that I couldn't get my npc's to keep their bolts if they had 'bolts' selected in the auto-loot option. They would discard them and not pick them up again. I think I've come across that one before in other mods, but I can't remember what or when. It just doesn't sound new.
edit: they were specifically 'bent bolts' so I don't know if that makes a difference

edit2: i just caught a script error that flashed by something about troop code/error, there was I think 2155 and the second number was 602 (I think, it flashed by). sorry if that doesn't help.

I have seen the equipment error in other mods using Diplomacy but haven't seen it in my own.  It must have something to do with the autoloot functions.  I will take a look at it when I get a chance.  Thanks for the heads up. 

If you get the troop error again, please check your rgl_log.txt file and let me know what it says.  I appreciate your help.

Redleg said:
If you get the troop error again, please check your rgl_log.txt file and let me know what it says.  I appreciate your help.
I didn't know that was a thing I could do! Live and learn.
Is this what you are looking for from the rgl_log.txt:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE -2147483088: Invalid Troop ID: 2133; LINE NO: 602:
At Script [559] npc_decision_checklist_faction_ai_alt.
Glad to be of help.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Redleg said:
I didn't know that was a thing I could do! Live and learn.
Is this what you are looking for from the rgl_log.txt:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE -2147483088: Invalid Troop ID: 2133; LINE NO: 602:
At Script [559] npc_decision_checklist_faction_ai_alt.
Glad to be of help.

Thank you.  That script has to do with the faction marshal.  When it shows up on-screen is it just one line or does it spam over and over?  How often does it happen? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom