VC Modding Dream - Collection of ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan> This is awesome. Can't wait to play with your script :grin:
It's possible to merge it with the wound system of VC ? That way, if you are crippled, you get those new penalties instead of the old ones, like -1 AGI, etc... (maybe if you don't heal well, we can keep the -1 AGI, cause otherwise the new system will be too penalising if it turns permanent)

You can use this in a simpler form if you only take the equipment HP (legs, chest, helmet)

If I understand it well, you can read the HP from those equipments ? If it's true, maybe if we do a certain amount of damage the limbs become crippled. For Example, if we do 50 damage to the legs, the target can't run anymore, but if we only do 25, the target will not be crippled yet. The next attack with mini 25 damage will cripple his legs systematically.

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your work !

PS : Love your suggestions sirgzu

deadknight said:
kalarhan> This is awesome. Can't wait to play with your script :grin:
It's possible to merge it with the wound system of VC ? That way, if you are crippled, you get those new penalties instead of the old ones, like -1 AGI, etc... (maybe if you don't heal well, we can keep the -1 AGI, cause otherwise the new system will be too penalising if it turns permanent)

You can use this in a simpler form if you only take the equipment HP (legs, chest, helmet)

If I understand it well, you can read the HP from those equipments ? If it's true, maybe if we do a certain amount of damage the limbs become crippled. For Example, if we do 50 damage to the legs, the target can't run anymore, but if we only do 25, the target will not be crippled yet. The next attack with mini 25 damage will cripple his legs systematically.

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your work !

PS : Love your suggestions sirgzu

Wound system uses the same trigger, so yeap, it can be merged. The wounded system only kicks in if you die, the cripple system would kick in if you are alive after a hit.

Making it permanent is possible, but would require constant visits to healers/doctors hehe. I will release a non-permanent version, then it can be modded further.

I also figured out how to remove armour parts, so I can remove the helmet after a head hit. It would not make sense for other pieces, so I will only do for that.

Read HP from items: yeap, we have operations for that now (since 1.161). Possible to use it as a factor for sure.

@Sirgzu, @Hanz Ex thanks for the suggestions. I will add to the list in the thread post #1 http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,327407.msg7732548.html#msg7732548

@Hanz Ex:
Items : maybe its in game already, I´m not sure about it I didn´t spend a lot time in game yet
- Shields : 3 categories : Light, medium and heavy
- Helms : add some Medium leather helmets or caps
- Armor – some leather ones ( rare and expensive ) and  fur armors. Ad some wristbands maybe ( more AC then gloves ) – compatible with light armors only
- More armors variety – color, look etc
We have light/medium + heavy shields with penalties. More items is always nice, but it is probably a inclusion of a OSP pack.
1.04beta has lots of new colors for items.

Refuge :
-Possibility to build one more basic temporary „Lair“ anywhere – if a one is upgraded „Refuge“ is built already.
- Posibility to build some fortifications ( if the refuge will be reamain attackable ). Simple watch tower for archers perhaps.
We have quarters (2 at same time, can put troops there).
Gotta wait and see for now as this is WIP for the 1.04beta.

Companions:
- Add unigue equipment to companions based on their character, story  and skills and which won´t be possible to change or take off or with 0 price and bonus atributes only for that companion
Ideas : fast horse for Morgant, Egil´s father huscarl shield, Beda´s Pilgrim staff, Solveig´s Lyre, Reginard´s Strongbow etc etc
Part of my personal companion overhaul, so already there. Not sure about unique items, that increases work for anyone merging the mod.

- definately Freelancer if possible
in the list

- Shield bash – acc. Shield skill + strengh = % chance to knock down oponent
Just got in with 1.04beta

Tattoos : have more option/variety of face/body to pick up. Especially for Picts charakters.
We have a thread about this from @kraggrim http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324117.0.html

Next release: Crippled limbs for player and IA, idea from @deadknight
M_iG6xDvWWJ5.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Status: I wrote my first version of the script. Currently it is doing the following:

Player is hit (so no blocking/parrying):
1) If hit in the head: loses damage potential (so if you were doing 100 damage, now you will be doing 90, etc)
2) If hit in the weapon arm/hand: disarm
3) If hit on legs: loses speed (-10% each time)
4) If hit elsewhere (torso, etc): loses damage

Bot is hit (anywhere)
1) Unequip weapon
2) Slow down to 50% speed
3) Does only 50% damage

It is a very early test. My intend was to test the lag and what operations/actions work well against the player and bots. I didnt notice problems running battles with 200x200 bots on a sandbox campaign. I didn’t include % chances for effects (next phase), and I still want to try next actions: knockback on head hit, effects sounds for pain, change screen to simulate a heavy head hit, etc.

If anyone has suggestions for this feel free to reply.

My plan so far:

- Head hit: 10% chance of breaking helmet. 50% chance of damage penalty. 25% chance of screen effects that will make harder for you to see. 10% chance of knockback/down (higher with heavy damage)...

- Right arm/hand hit: 20% of unequip weapon (you do not lose it). 5% of dropping weapon (you lose the weapon!). Each hit should decrease your damage after it.

- Legs hit: Each hit will make you slower.

- Rest of the body hit: 10% chance of penalties like less damage and less speed.

My plan for duels (like the ones you do against another lord commander before a battle):

1) Reduce damage for the first 60 seconds of the battle. In this phase both agents have full armour, stamina and health. Its the exploring phase of the duel
        - Damage is reduced to a minor thing. I dont want anyone dying here.
        - This phase should be about knowing your enemy and crippling his attacks (shield, weapon, limbs)

Combine this phase with the crippled limbs idea. So if you hit your enemy he will start to lose speed, damage, you can break the weapon, you can the damage armour, break shield, etc

I didnt test it, but it would be cool if you could force unequip pieces of armour, like the helmet Update: you can  :iamamoron:

2) After 60 sec its the damage phase. Time to kill before you are killed. Penalties from first phase will make this phase unique every duel.

This is WIP. Once I release a preview I will add the tweaks for the % values.

Cheers

new thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328369.0.html

Hanz Ex said:
- A quest to find an old handy shipbuilder who will built a one of the current  type of ship with improvements – faster, more bad weather resistant, maybe + some small crew capacity bonus. Will be neccesary to gather a bigger amount of resources ( wood, hides, silver, tar, linen, tools etc and golf of course).
- Or to gain some unique ship ( I´m not sure if some more type existed, I think that some special kings „Drakkar“ was historically proved.

I agree, would be cool to be able to build a "unique" ship (maybe absolutely new type of ship?!?, or as said above, with special abilities)

I would place a second vote for custom commander.
In particular, I'd like to be able to choose who goes into battle rather than have to constantly move troop-groups  up and down in your party list just in case I end up in battle.

How are you doing this without module_system access?

gdwitt said:
I would place a second vote for custom commander.
In particular, I'd like to be able to choose who goes into battle rather than have to constantly move troop-groups  up and down in your party list just in case I end up in battle.

How are you doing this without module_system access?

No need to vote  :grin:, this is a collection of ideas for VC (anyone can participate, use the ideas or add more). It is not a list of what my mod will have. It is explained on the OP:

kalarhan said:
Hey guys,

I would like to collect ideas from the community about modding VC in preparation for a future modules release (game code source).

I will be integrating lots of stuff on my personal submod (not released to the public). I will publish the parts the community would like to see too depending on this (and future) threads.

Keep in mind this is a brainstorming thread. Other modders are welcome to participate and add/take ideas from it!

You would be surprise what we can do without the modules  :shifty: . Much of the code is from native (we have that source). Lots from Brytenwalda (we have it too). Anything else just need to be translated. If you want to learn more, please create a new thread so we can keep this one for ideas, not tutorials. Tweak's thread already has some posts from me with explanations on how to do it.

If you saw Matrix (the movie), its like this (some people only see green numbers, you can learn to see beyond them):

latest

Custom Commander has lots of features. It grew and grew over the years. It is not impossible to integrate it NOW, but honestly too much work to keep between versions. The selection of troops is actually a part which is not hard, as it involves new UI instead of changing stuff that already exists (lots of merging). I will include in the list, thanks for the suggestion.

kind off-topic  :razz: so now its hidden with spoiler tag

deadknight said:
How is your next release going kalarhan ?
(I'm dreaming to see combats like this in M&B )

Hey, I am just the guy collecting ideas, anyone and everyone is free to mod them in  :wink:

I gonna release a few things this weekend (political map v2 - with mapnodes, new combat system, among others).

But it will be just a video/screenshot until 1.04 is out...

Maybe more modders will join in the future, if we ever get the module code (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328351.msg7758411.html#msg7758411)..

Any other suggestions?

Suggestion:
Convert low level prisoners (level 12, 23) to sailors. Lose 1 morale for each 3 prisoners. No payment up-front. They will work to boast your boats speed!

deadknight said:
How is your next release going kalarhan ?
(I'm dreaming to see combats like this in M&B )

LOL

I gonna release my combat pack after 1.04 is out, I already finished the main changes:

- cut off heads tweaks
- cut of hands, die from bleeding
- lose speed if hit
- lose damage if hit
- lose helmet if hit
- tweaks for disarming
- overall speed reducing for combat (lower damage, lower base speed, etc). I am not messing with animations tho.

Gonna merge the special abilities (warcry, etc) next.

Any feedback can go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328369.0.html

Right now my battles are lasting longer and with full carnage, I am quite happy with the current build  :cool:

These are looking great, Kalarhan! Will it be fairly simple to personalise and tweak some of these values (namely combat damage) using notepad after you've released the pack?

SomeHairyGuy said:
These are looking great, Kalarhan! Will it be fairly simple to personalise and tweak some of these values (namely combat damage) using notepad after you've released the pack?

Sure. All variables that are used for tweaking balance are in a script, so all you need to do is change it in one place. I will post instructions on how to do it.

Stuff like:
  - chance to cut off heads
  - chance to disarm
  - damage reduction on a hit (%)

and so on.

Screens for the released version:

Character Screen with new buttons (Heroes and MapNodes):
char_main_screen.jpg

Companions:

companions1.jpg

Companions (showing one not in the party -> it display the city too):
companions2.jpg

Companions (3 more portraits side by side):
portraits.jpg

Companions detail (Jrider Report integrated):
companions_detail1.jpg

Ladies courtship (Jrider):
know_ladies1.jpg

Factions selection:
know_ladies2.jpg

Known Lords (Jrider):
know_lords2.jpg

Known Lords filtered by the ones in your faction(Jrider):
know_lords3.jpg

Mapnode:

Factions:
mapnode_factions.jpg

Diplomacy:
mapnode_diplomacy.jpg

Fiefs in the world (towns, villages, castles and if they are under attack):
mapnode_fief.jpg

Religion of factions:
mapnode_religion.jpg

Relation Matrix

Matrix by Wyndyplains
relation_matrix.jpg

Troop Tree extend to show details:

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

Check the new version of ACOK mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/downloads/a-clash-of-kings-20
In particular, I wonder did he make those new generated quests by himself or there is some kind of OSP which add them.
Take a look! Generated quests in ACOK are polished and all of them work flawlessly, including the vanilla ones, which have been reworked a little bit. For example, when the band which you need to catch is interdicted by some other party and you join that fight the quest will not fail, it will be successfully completed.
If it's a third party mod, then maybe you can do the same for VC?

Sobakozoid said:
Check the new version of ACOK mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/downloads/a-clash-of-kings-20

ACOK code is close source, so unless you can point out a OSP or convince Cozur to share it that would not be possible (integration of the code). What it is possible in the future (once modules are released) is the creation of something similar, but for that you would need to share a list of features/characteristics that his mod does and explain how and why they would work on VC world.

Cheers

Take a look! Generated quests in ACOK are polished and all of them work flawlessly, including the vanilla ones, which have been reworked a little bit. For example, when the band which you need to catch is interdicted by some other party and you join that fight the quest will not fail, it will be successfully completed.

That really doesn't require anything special, but I believe it's not a bug but a choice - you didn't initiate the fight, so the party isn't counted as destroyed by you which is logical (to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom