Progress Diplomacy + Rigale merge

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Just a heads up status report:

My first merge with v10 got stuck
  but v11 seems more friendly to diplomacy 4.3 and is coming along.

Done Thursday 29.Jan  to 2 Feb: (and +10 days first attempt)
  scripts
      troops
      factions
      items
      constants
dialogs
strings

3 Feb:
  finished game_menus
        but found a missing  ] ), 
          needed put in to compile
          moved it from 32000 line  downto 16700 line  and will have to tediously walk it back until compiler gives an error
            to match it with whoever lost it. 

presentations
    party_templates
    simple_triggers
    triggers
----
  out of time Server arrived, needs emergency work.

still probably 3-5 days after that to remove warnings seen on scripts

and work has a crisis so I may have to drop everything and drive (take a bus) to another city to help.
  So schedule is difficult to predict this week.

- GS

Great work! Keep going!

So let's just assume Cernunos will keep working on Rigales. ^^
Once Diplomacy is in, gameplay will look much better.

And having tried this, and coded that, I can reassure everybody that this is a crazy thing to attempt. You will deserve this much more than me, actually :smile:

Cernunos said:
And having tried this, and coded that, I can reassure everybody that this is a crazy thing to attempt. You will deserve this much more than me, actually :smile:

I don't want to sound cruel, only that its a big job, and WORTH the time.  Two weeks or so to rebuild a mod isn't that long. 
  At least it works before I touched it, so if it still works after its only that I didn't break it further :wink:

- GS

status at lunch time, thanks to WRECK:

(3 screen shots, that's a lot of little errors to chase)...
  Starting with the message "Compilation Successful" !!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZWMzZ25TYWpXN0E/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWmlMSjNGMUNwbUk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMS16NmxWVHhhVHc/view?usp=sharing

That's better progress than expected, by the way.
  I removed the bard, city recruit, and ambush from module_game_menus.py to get it to compile
  and will have to go over those one at a time after first cleaning all the other errors. 

They haven't been harmed, just cut & pasted to  notepad with the location they came from marked

All changed files reflected to drive for Cernunos to examine, if he wishes.
Cernunos has asked me to not make the (source) drive folder open to public until it is finished/working/tested, so you'll just have to trust me for now.  I've asked him to make me a moderator IF he chooses to take a long absence; I'll hold his code in sacred trust if he does need to take time out.  I certainly know the feeling!

OK that's the "situation report" for now.

I need to buy Lav a beer if he ever swings by Sofia, or the soft drink of his choice either/or.
  That's an amazingly excellent tool.

Found some quick things I want for Perisno right away:
  a)  a trick to end the routed troops from being in the next battle if no reinforcement waves are left.
  b)  athletics skill adds 3% dodge capability

There are many more but those two were very short and sweet.

- GS
  not so inactive as I thought be,
  Perisno (maintenance 71/72/73ish) code

That is awesome work, gsanders!

Seeing how passionate the coders of Warband Mods are, I really think I should learn some coding too...
I guess it's too late now. I'll just save my enthusiasm for when Bannerlord comes out (2017 maybe...?).

What happens now? Cernunos takes a break, joins Perisno or continues Rigales?

Gsanders, you belong to Perisno? Or what was that about making your own submod based on Perisno-Rigales?

zykox said:
That is awesome work, gsanders!

Seeing how passionate the coders of Warband Mods are, I really think I should learn some coding too...
I guess it's too late now. I'll just save my enthusiasm for when Bannerlord comes out (2017 maybe...?).

GS replies: if you are aiming for something 2 years away, best start practicing now so you are up to speed by then.
  You could start by adding 2-3 new items and changing gear on one troop.  Do that a few times, compile the python source,
and you can start building skill sets that wont be obsolete in 2 years.

What happens now? Cernunos takes a break, joins Perisno or continues Rigales?

Gsanders, you belong to Perisno? Or what was that about making your own submod based on Perisno-Rigales?

In reverse order:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284936.0.html
  I'm on the list.  Ah I see I'm not a "coder" now, nor "honorary status" anymore.  Heh.  Its the little things...

I've been the coder that actually writes something between Nov 4th 2014 and Jan 30th 2015.
  Robin does some light coding on .8 which I haven't really participated in.  I was tasked with reforming .70/.71 into something
that works, which I'll state is a 3/4 finished task.  There was enough that I complained it needs at least 2 "active" coders to debug it in a 3 month span.  Being solo made it rather more like facing a hydra than just the usual jousting a dragon sort of thing.

From
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4sh7GRykLgEVVdxdm1sVFpjWm8&usp=sharing

you can see the evolution of my code patches and pictures of bugs in progress.
----
  As for belongs to Perisno, probably yes.  Perisno however doesn't belong to me.
  This means I have limitations as to what I am allowed to change, test, or implement, and at times those limits bother me.
  I have approval to make a sub mod from Perisno provided I don't make it OSP or confuse as to whether a test is "Perisno" or
not.  So I will change some of it and put a different banner, name, and so on to make it clear one is for a huge audience and one
resumes my "bleeding edge" series of weekly or biweekly patches as a living game with heavy blogging.

As much as those annoyed the other devs (who have excellent drawing skills and less prolific coding), I think for a true gamer that gives the best flexibility.  I also think plenty can be dropped, and very experimental stuff like much of Rigale belongs there.
Two different kinds of gamer, really.

Rigale as it was last released I had some difficulty getting going, and tended to vote myself money and stay in guilds getting lessons until most of my guild skills were at least 8-9.  I'd prefer to skip that phase and just take it as an inheritance with different backgrounds having different skill sets up front.  You can see my style such as it is with Perisno 732-734 (my last coding was 734), and most of it remained in "73final".  The Rigale inheritances were greatly expanded and each choice led to a set of attributes, skills, and items worth 50K; every choice led to a calibrated and measured set of boosts to accelerate one role playing aspect or style.  Top items were made available immediately. 

For the Rigale + Diplomacy I plan to release first a version as close to what I'd expect Cernunos to have wanted it to be, OSP'd if he approves it, followed by a modified base for my use (not OSP) that is free of IP from Perisno if it turns out that a submod from me has limitations or friction with Perisno.  So far its hypothetical -  "Soon" (TM)

As for what Cernunos is going to do, I think he's a bit tired of shadow boxing the forum admins over comments on the state of real life EU.  Thus if/when he unmutes I urge him to relax, maybe download something like Perisno and consider collaborating (what a word) with other mods.  I think his crafting, mining, harvesting, and so on would be very welcome.  I've already changed the economy based on ideas shown by Rigale (Perisno 732 & up) as well as inheritances.  A little at a time, other mods should show symptoms and signs of an OSP Rigale v11+.  I've noticed Rigale v11 is FAR more diplomacy layout friendly than v10; night and day so far as lowering the difficulty in merging.  This really needed to be said -- Cernunos made it MUCH easier in the (so far) unreleased v11 than in the released v10.

Cernunos would always be welcome at Perisno, especially if I get distracted elsewhere -- they could use a "coder" that actually codes.  I'll say this for the other Perisno devs -- they have magnificent artists among them.    He could at least ask me for help if he gets stuck; I'm never THAT busy that I cant help him.  Its a favor every coder could use, at least sometimes, to have a second opinion on a problem that has a person stuck.  Once I needed just a single line changed but didn't know it; a second person might have pointed that out days earlier.

As for continueing Rigale, it would be easier if it was cleaned up, which I'm trying to do.

Personally I'd like to see this rev reformatted with all the indentations made uniform and finish stripping trailing spaces
and so on.  Sometimes I'm a bit boggled trying to find whether or not there are missing indents or seeing what belongs inside which
block.  Thus my desire for tools that show exact names of scripts that have one or more blocks not closed according to the compiler (and a compiler would be tickled to make 1 block all the length of the largest file in the source, even if module_scripts.py used to have 70000 lines of around 200 scripts, so when the compiler is happy its STILL not done).  If it was OSP people would get to do that for themselves; as its a big job if no one is going to see it.

But otherwise it depends on Cernunos what the next step is.  When I think my side is clean enough to test I'll post a compile
and ask someone to go over it.  If Cernunos really wants to stay away he offered me to manage it / use it as I wish, but since its his resource I'd leave it as a sacred trust as I said and make "my" version either as a supplement to Perisno to try as a sub-modded hybrid OR as a "IP free" clean base to rebuild a start without leaning on Perisno (but of course such models/resources/etc as are OSP are a different issue).  Perisno has unique music, unique scenery, and a fair to excellent map.  I'd be foolish to burn time re-creating all of those if I don't have to, at least at first.

I see you prefer PoP mainly and a "harder" game.
  I found PoP delighted to burn time looking for the perfect game.  I actually don't have time to play a game that hates me.
  I prefer a softer start to not waste my time.  As for making the middle/end game more challenging, part of that is changing the behavior of the game with regards to goals.  Instead of simply making everything a money sink, there should be other meta games to explore -- not just beat everything into your kingdom, but making something different for your family, your heir, aging, karma
and a host of other details.  These are aspects native completely ignores...

I also plan to implement magic, but not really D&D style, rather something unique.  It wont be Phantasy Calradia; although they
have a strong resemblance to a specific OSP M&B mod "magic", and I plan to inspect that OSP quite carefully to see how to make
spells go off in combat.  Both Michadr and I share similar religious issues regarding magic as done by traditional MMOs and single player games.  I believe I have a work around that avoids the worst of religious objections while allowing the most flexibility in implementing something fresh for players.  Time will tell.  I also want to offer alternatives to slavery or other "unclean" practices, and make viable alternatives to every action I or you or the guy / gal across the street might choose.  It's one thing to denounce ISIS etc while open up a PC game and take slaves, massacre people/populations and generally be an abomination saying "hey I just want the money".  If money is available in other meta games then people aren't "forced" to be despicable.  My delight for Rigale is much is possible without having to become uncivilized... and more along those lines should be ADDED, either here or nearby.

So... that's where I stand.

- GS
  not as inactive as I thought I'd be

I have taken a small trip to Perisno v0.72, though not long enough to post a proper review or opinion on it, unfortunately.
It seemed unfinished in many ways, so I thought I'd look back 2-3 versions later.

Yes, I have mainly been a PoPper, because it's the most polished mod out there, but it's not really perfect either (and as it is on hiatus, it won't change).
Like:
*Lore - Yes, loads and loads of lore, available through rumors, which is really cool.

*Minor factions - A huge variety, including interactions (like hiring some troops if you get good relations, or hiring them as merc companies later)

*Unique spawns - Having challenging armies pop up and harass almost every other faction is fun! And that they even siege towns to sack them even more so!
Personally, I would have loved it, if they actually conquered a fief.

*Victory conditions - I hate Warband. It's bad in so many ways. But having proper and interesting victory conditions in PoP, fixed one of the main issues.
A lot of cool mods out there, but boy, do I hate just having to conquer the whole map, grinding castle after castle, even if victory is already inevitable.

*Knight Orders - Because they're not just a minor faction, but you can also join them, gain ranks (and get their armor) and do quests for them!

*CKO - Custom Knight Order...because it's just so cool to train and equip your own troops. Now, if this was not a knight order, but my faction troops (along with a max denar system for balance)...I also love the CKO, because it speeds up the endgame, when nothing can touch my faction anymore, but I have to steamroll all other factions first.

*Faction variety & balance - PoP offers the most interesting, different troop varieties, that actually affect combat heavily (though I don't know how much Vicky's AI contributes to this).

*Legendary wpns - Finding and collecting Qualis gems, either for a stat-enhancing elixier or exchange for a magically enchanted weapons is awesome!

*Faction Uniqueness - Starting with the sovereigns, who are not only martially powerful, but also have unique equipment (that you can get if you are close to defeating the faction!) is nice! Also, giving them unique troops makes every battle with them a challenge.

*Limited prisoner recruitment - Not being able to hire above lvl 40 (top-tier units) was one of the best additions, as it prevents the player from becoming too powerful too easily. Personally, I would have went further and prevented recruiting prisoners that are opposed to you by relation.

*Joining battles...with consequences - I like getting +relations with factions by aiding them, but I also thing getting -relations with the faction you oppose is a must.

Dislike (don't tell the other PoPpers!):
*The world - It's dark fantasy ok, it's brutal ok...but all those annotations with rape and stuff...makes me wish there was an option to champion women.
A little more RPG-like choices would have been nice, as to actually have a real role in Pendor, except being the prophesied hero and reunite everything.
Through all the lore and stories, you witness or hear..that's it. You're just a bystander with no comments or actions to the events.

*The map - It has some good ideas, but...factions are unbalanced because of it. One faction (Ravenstern) is near a minor faction spawn area, so it's always in trouble in almost every game. Another faction (D'Shar) has a cool mountain range, that factors too little into play.

*Sea battles... - This goes with the map of course, but no sea battles is kind of a shame.

*Interaction with victory conditions - Some kind of reaction, if you fulfill a condition would be nice..and a little more to do with the so-important-Noldor.
The first Noldor quest started out awesome, then when you access their hidden city...it just suddenly stops. Either more of those story-driven quests, or just none at all (and drive up my hopes).

*Player uniqueness - Sure, I enjoy a hard game and I like supertroops like Order Knights, etc...but do they have to be so out-of-the-way unreachable in comparison to the player? Exceptions like Demonic Magni, or Noldor Knights are fine, but 70% of troops have stats that are almost unattainable for a player.

So if anyone can actually implement the good stuff in their mod, they got me sold (but no muskets...no I hate muskets and pistols - though I enjoy Red Wars :razz: ).

My impressions on Perisno so far:
*Seemed to me like an unfinished PoP in easy mode in a different high fantasy (without magic) world

*Minor factions, cool...but I couldn't find ANY lore about them in-game, and subsequently lost all interest in them. I mean, who's who, and who's doing what?
Bluewood and Redwood elves are opposed, seems like an interesting story...but what? There is just so little info on their conflict, that I stopped caring here too.

*Dwarves are WIP as I understand? Because not only are they barely accessible on map, they also do almost nothing.

*Prisoners - Money-making cargo. And here I agree with you on this, gsanders. It's just weird becoming this big slaver overlord and doing that being the most profitable way to make money. And with no honor hit anyway.

*New Quests - The dragon Priestess quest didn't work for me due to bug, so no comment. I really enjoyed the option of doing a non-native quest.
The immortals quest was fun too, although with a really disappointing reward for all the trouble.

*Event - Yeah well, the Zann invasion is ok, even though there is no build up for that. It's just "they're here in 30days", and even when that happens, it's just a new faction. They don't seem that powerful and hell, they even make peace with other factions...so...so so.
Had a "pillar of light" event with heretics and knights clashing...pretty cool, if I only cared. I had little to do with the knights and the heretics, and there was no lore or connection between me and their conflicht. And their troops were only fighting each other, so...I simply ignored them all.

*Elves - Yes, PoP has them too, only more unique, uber-powerful but also hard to hire and not as an entire faction. It's nice to see that Perisno has included them in the mod, and in its own way. BUT, they are so stereotypical (superarchers) that it's boring (and not much lore anyway) and overpowered, that it's a chore to siege with/against them. And the current balancing idea (as I have read last) is by upping crossbows? No, that won't do it.
Elves in Perisno need a conceptual overhaul, to have them awesome and powerful, but still balanced with the other factions.

Phantasy Calradia
I like Phantasy, I really like it. But it's soooooooooooo unbalanced and for most parts I have no idea where guspav (the creator) actually wants to go with it.
I want to help with the mod, and sent some balancing ideas (scaled classes and scales magic spells)but...contacting him is...clunky. He barely replies.

I do think he has his own vision and doesn't want anyone fiddling with it, so he simply takes suggestions and does what he likes. So...nothing for me to do. I doubt it will ever be balanced (without my scaled class & spell designs), but most people seem content to just steamroll or powerplay the game. And guspav seems more interested in just adding more and more stuff, so...

Personally, I have become interested in making a mod, but now that Bannerlord will be out soon, it makes little sense to learn coding now. So I'm just gonna stick with game designs on paper. Been trying to learn easy stuff with "Construct 2", an easy game maker for dummies like me. xD

Well, if you're gonna do something with Rigales, I'd be happy to play it and give you a piece of my mind. I am currently playing a bit "Light & Darkness" again, so it will be a bit before I play Perisno again. "LnD" is another amazing mod, and the best story mod for warband so far.

Now, if somebody could do some LnD gameplay with Rigales crafting & skills in a beautiful world like Perisno, with PoP features, that would be the best mod ever.

Well, keep up your good work with the merging and hopefully the result will be as rewarding for you in the end. And hopefully Cernunos will come to a satisfactory decision on his side.

Here's my raw build.
  I had some trouble with animations, probably of horses, matching the skeleton files so had to juggle them in module.ini
  Thus horses probably aren't right, just yet

Bards, hiring recruits in town are disabled. Don't know if villages hire recruits, they may.

Crafting and harvesting should all be working, as should all of Diplomacy 4.3, but I haven't tested it yet.  I opened it up for 2-3 minutes so far just to see
if it smoked my monitor or stole children from the house, but its more of a sneak preview.

I'll clean it up in the next 2 weeks.  Source for the v11+Diplomacy is NOT included yet, as Cernunos asked I make it very clean before allowing any to see source v11
It's a fair request.  I put this here mostly for HIM to see it, as I don't know how many are interested in the community.  I count 3-4 people out of all of taleworlds that find it interesting.  that's a pity, there is quite a bit here if it was made "smooth".

I probably DID tweak the inheritances some; maybe the economy is tweaked a bit too.  I "tried" to make it according to Cernunos, but at times I ... slipped.
So its a little of me and mostly as he made it, plus ALL of Diplomacy 4.3 as I found it.

Cheat menu is expanded
  to access      Ctr ~        that is a "Tilde"  so Control and Tilde keys together
    cheatmenu    in lower case English (latin) characters
  then access Camp: Cheat menu: notice there is a  Cheat Menu off  option, you'll need this in towns as otherwise crafting options wont display
    in town cheat menu crowds out too many places but those are useful for sceners to test scene changes (else I would have left them out)

Do notice the  show Items  in cheats, it's useful for when you edit/make new items to test their display/use of textures and resource files

Mostly I consider Rigale a good base for starting your OWN mod; I'll make it cleaner shortly, of course I have other open commitments as well...

- GS
  Happy Valentines Day, anyone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEX3l5M3RVUnM2Y1U/view?usp=sharing

I should mention its not really "ready" its more of a technical preview
  ambushes are removed, for now forgot to mention.

the BIG Plan is to fix the compiler warnings as they are now and then when the base shown here is stable to add in the section I'd taken out before. They were taken out simply because something in each routine blocked the compiler from finishing the compile.  I don't want to fight a "two front" war -- IK want any compiler warnings/errors shown after adding one code section to be only from that code section, then I can dissect it and add one script at a time until it breaks ... to debug faster.  I think that technical review process will take the remaining 2 weeks of February, after which there will be a different "test" that may actually be playable to the point of making your kingdom and having all the diplomacy options kick in.

this also depends on what my day job is doing, what the weather is like, whether I get sucked into fixing anything else, and so on.
  Besides Perisno and Rigale I'd like to take 2-3 days to look at Empires III as well.  The 3 should keep me busy, plus there is a slow burning issue at work for me to possibly need another road trip... So my calendar is pretty full.

I should have put in Diplomacy 4.3 source (as used) alongside Rigale v10 source, despite that the two are pretty incompatible in terms of aligning for WinMerge.  It's here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEYlU0ejBvY1ZvMjg/view?usp=sharing

I'll try to make a version that can be played within a few days.

- GS

=====
By the way:
  I should mention I first learned about Rigale from this mod (Empires III)
  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,293561.0.html
    He has Rigale v.9 working with a huge number of other OSPs.
    I'll be working on updating the Rigale layer of that shortly after getting this build stably working.
    I like some of the things Lor Dric did with it, especially the town menu re-arrangement and other ways he made Rigale flow more smoothly.  If you want to see a case where Rigale is well integrated with other things, look there...

finished game_menus and posted to my google drive mostly for Cernunos benefit. 
  I see him peeking in here briefly but not staying more than a few seconds, thus the new post instead of stealth editing the previous post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZ2xKb0VZbTNHTE0/view?usp=sharing
down to 5 errors so its close enough after lunch I'll add some mercs to the taverns and look at the town hiring so can test with some troops.

If I can straighten the resources so horses work again today I will post a "ready to test" preview with something worth working with,  else its a tomorrow task.

Very close to making something useable...

- GS

Bah Cernunos happened to mention issues with Islam and Arabs on a board that is located in Turkey.
This earned him a long holiday from talking to us.  That's unfortunate because I wouldn't mind his assistance from time to time.
Ah well.

He does fine so long as he doesn't see the Off-topic board, which he really shouldn't visit.

Cernunos my friend:
  We are professionals, well, sort of, and don't have time to educate the ignorant masses except when writing code, yes?
  Let the code teach...  or change the code until it CAN.

- GS

---
16:32 work needed me for a few hours.  Sorry for the late replies to Michadr and Silber, who thinks my lateness is normal rudeness.
Actually I haven't been allowed near my desk they keep wanting me to sit "in conference" in another room.

Will focus on making a useable preview for players tomorrow.  The code is close enough I can start putting in sections missing.
I'd like to test formations shortly as well.  Also I notice all the crafting recipes depend indirectly on gathering skill; without it you
aren't shown all recipes.  I'd like to see more of where that is initialized, and if it is a different value for each crafting type
(cooking, smithing, wood worker, leather). 

When it works you'll know it.

Solved, I think, the cant leave town bug last night.
Which is to say, "have a scheme that should solve it" I'll try today.

--- 11 AM update: been stuck since 5 AM & still stuck on an animations/skel_horses problem.
                          using OpenBRF and hunting for unused animations, wrong skeleton, etc.  Gahh. 
OK worst case I take the hit every time I meet someone with a horse skeleton doesn't load error (or if it loads in module.ini I
get fatal crash "anim 553  uses wrong skeleton"

--- 12:50 AM
Yay it works!! animations cleared after dropping shield bash animation and more edits to module.ini, now using diplomacy animation
horse troops can be interviewed without immersion breaking skeleton warnings

Now to change all the timers so can get a test build today (but first blood sugar time aka Lunch)

So, how does it honestly feel to talk to yourself ? After some times, it gets boring IMHO :smile:.

Anyways, thank you so very much for your dedication, and hard work, Glenn. Please, when you are satisfied with a V1.0 merge, let me know, so that I can upload and make some announcments, and tell the world what amazing stuff you have done.
I do have a value, is to "rendre à César ce qui appartient à César", meaning give back to Cesar what belongs to him. Acknowledging other people's work is a value I really cherish :smile:

Take some very good care :smile:

Hello Cernunos:

I write to empty air simply so someone knows what progress is made and why it takes time.

I think its almost done.  Rigale is and has been YOUR genius.  I simply merged with Diplomacy, and added small things.
There was a patch yesterday that I think was the most playable yet.  I expect to be finished within a week, possibly less.

Source code is where I last told you, just copy any loose files you find there over the main archive, as they are updates.
Happy to see you made it back.  When / if I stop changing your product around there probably will be more visitors; until then its almost a dev blog.
I know I'm not supposed to "triple post", but I try to make 1 post per day to keep status updated. 

I think the stuck in town issue is 2 days from being history, but its still in progress.  I will have your ambushes and sneaking and battle cries back tomorrow.
I changed mission_templates just to get loot and prisoners but I'll merge more carefully now that I have a working base.  If you have changes since last January 14th you can see the code I put and either merge them or send to me and I'll get it done quickly.  Rigale can always improve, as can my quality of merges.  For the moment I just wanted everything to work, but soon it can grow features, such as "wife as a companion" and anything/everything of yours that  I left out for first test.

It would be nice if you could test it or comment.
  It was always YOUR code, so nothing has changed.  I'm glad you can make it to the party, even if its a very small audience.

It's after all a mod FOR modders BY modders...
    and hopefully becomes fun as well for anyone else that finds it.

- GS

EDIT: Status:  4 Mar 15  cleaning up module_mission_templates to remove Perisno code so the mod is back to "OSP ready" status

latest patch:  March 4 2015  17:11 EET
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEd2NiWnZSd0xkaVE/view?usp=sharing

removes last of Perisno  mission_templates and restores working Rigale mission_templates
  restores battle cries, defend ambush, initiate ambush at the mission_templates layer
  tested working crafting (purely Rigale mode), learning songs from Minstrel (pure Rigale mode) to not have town leaving bug
  tested guild learning to not have town leaving bug, although you do have to get used to going to tavern to waste time instead
      I will change the feedback for estimated time during training updates to report more accurately

Just hiding it here because its not a major update, and in case people looking here missed that theres a different thread for
"Rigale+Diplomacy" submod.

5 Mar 15
              added Modmerger framework
                  added  Mini-Map integration to demonstrate how to use modmerger to add plug-in extensions.
    It will now be extremely fast to add your favorite "modmerger ready" extension (formations comes to mind, cough cough)

Updated source code archive at Google drive for partner's benefit, if they're interested in watching it.
    clean compiles both in WRECK and build_module

after lunch:
            Will really add ambush shortly (at game_menus)
            clean the time_wasting estimation script in scripts, that currently estimates incorrectly  (done)
            reduce time wasted at guild_learning in game_menus                                                (done)

reduce mercenary type troops wages from 150% of normal to 133% of normal            (done)
            reduce horsemen cost from 166% of normal to 150% of normal                                  (done)

probably tomorrow:
            put bards back                                                                                                        (done)
            put wise men either at villages or back in town                                                          (done)
            toggle off complaints between companions at camp diplomacy options menu                (done)
            toggle on/off minimap at camp diplomacy options menu                                              (done)
                BUT: at mission_templates "common_battle_order_panel_tick" it ignores choice
                        for forced "always on" debug

FORMATIONS:
  Motomaru's formations mainly need to find the place where F1 sends a unit to the enemy unit wherever the mouse is to stop and wait for further orders.  This is fatal during a keystroke spam-festival where keys are being pressed very fast, a F1 F2  to a human could look like a F1 (go there and park)    followed by a F2 (and now wait for the next F2-series )  so it "seems" broken.
This got the formations pulled from Perisno.  Also cavalry can only do wedge formation, which would have been mentioned in the module_info for formations except ... Perisno didnt load that help extension.  So maybe this would good place to make that work,
for the benefit of many.  This would give a good excuse to have some testers come pound on Rigale for some time...

- GS

besides the previous post status updates,

I now have civilization              tested working
                  battle mini map      tested working
                  Bard menu              tested working

wow its starting to look like we are close to release.

What still needs doing:
  I'd like to work on Ambush some more next week  (game_menus)
                            integrate "wife as a companion"
                            add a fix I came up with for an issue to wife as a companion
                                  I should mention the fix next because actually I never know if I'll have a heart attack or something and it gets lost...

So I best update sources and post some Friday fixes.
                                  I did promise something about ready for March 8 (Women's day in East Europe)
                                    so here's what I have...

Thanks for putting up with me here.  It's quiet but that can let me think clearer...

- GS

Hey! First of all, thanks for your hard work in the MBW community.
Q:
I did have one question on the bug list you mentioned: did you ever find out what was up with #20? The wife who joined your party getting stuck in a city after losing a battle and defaulting to the "Surrender or die" dialog? This bug is in –like you said– EVERY mod out there, and I've tried unsuccessfully to fix it myself. I'm thinking it is something stupidly simple in conversations.txt.

Would appreciate your insight! Maybe if you just point me in the right direction I can explore more myself –and would report back to you if I figure it out.

Thanks a lot!
Feb 23 (11 days ago)
-------
Answer:
    Sure.  I'll sketch out the problem in a general way and sort-of pseudo-code my preferred lines of attack to the problem, as I am deep in another issue at the moment but this is something everyone needs as well...

A) Prevent it from happening:

The problem is when a normal companion is released from prison,

for example when peace or truce is declared in diplomacy,
        normally there is a check starting at companions_begin and ending_companions_end to see if a companion
        is available and that companion is placed at a tavern etc to be found again by random visits OR a traveler

Likewise a Ransom broker normally checks companion_begin to companion_end in order to find any companions that are in prison and then offers a list of all such for you to ransom.

In both cases a player wife is missed; she is outside this range and should be added by inspecting

a)  Does a player have a wife

b) and is this wife in prison?

When companions are set free by change of war status
      a check should be added to see if the above two conditions (has a spouse && spouse is prisoner)
      exist, then if would be set free the call should be same as performed when in dialog you the player choose
    "I want you to go to court.  This is too dangerous"  you could Find "This is too dangerous" in module_dialogs.py
    to find that bit of code.

So that's how to keep from the problem STARTING, but what about recovering after its already happened?

B) Clever recovery if its too late:

for this you go to simple_triggers

find a trigger that seldom happens say once per week or once every 2-3 weeks

there should be no conditional test at the trigger;
      it should something that ALWAYS happens, just happens seldom

before whatever is normally ran by the trigger we just put some code to check / fix stuck spouse AND wrap it in a try-begin / try_end pair so it doesn't walk on the old trigger, which then proceeds normally regardless of if you have a spouse  and if that spouse is or isn't stuck someplace.

If you define a NEW trigger you break savegame; but if you hijack one that's already in use, savegame isn't broken.
  [
    (try_begin),
          does the player have a spouse?
          (try_begin),
              is that spouse at court?
              is that spouse in your party?
          (else),
              send spouse to court
          (try_end),
      (try_end), 

normal trigger contents follow
    ]     
  you could also put a cheat menu item at camp_mnu in  module_game_menus.py to send your spouse to court
without talking to her/him, in which case you should also clear any status "prisoner" attribute for your spouse,
in case someone pops them out of prison instead of waiting for them to be released.

I'd love to see it working, if you finish it.  If not then I'll get around to it sometime, but not likely this week.

- GS

status 9 March 2015
  something has to be done with battlegrounds, they are piling up and this implies a simple_trigger needs to remove them
  or at least convert them to parties of undead or something
    and if so then probably 72 hours check and an option to bury the dead
    @Cernunos: well, yes, that's the short fix.  I'd prefer to comment them out for the "minimal" version as they are a nice stub for later.  For "extended" I should leave them in but clean them up every 73, or 145 hours...

for that matter its nice to have a plain vanilla starting point but maybe its time to split this into a "magic" and "normal" pair of alternatives.  Sources could be supplied for each I suppose.  It might give apprentice devs more incentive to work on it; I could use a few tens of thousand lines formatted consistently before release of source.
STATUS: merging ElvenPath (a MP only game) so can test magic in SP mode
              source code of the merge will be released as a *seperate* directory, to demonstrate how flexible the current mod is as a "base" for your own ideas...  Thus there will be a "minimalist" version and an "extended" build, and modders simply compile the one they want as a starting point.  It's my hope this encourages more beginners to mod, which at may be messy but eventually builds a few "serious" modders within a few years...

There are still stuck in town instances so I should add the "I am busy" check to crafting.  Started crafting more in tests...
  I should probably add a few more items craftable.

Tailoring guild isnt completed; this SHOULD be merged with "Leatherworker" or given something useful to make,
  such as magic resistant robes or courtesan dresses or flying carpets...

I guess I better do something.  Work might not need me so frantically today after all...

More updates here as they happen.  Don't feel like burning a new post for 2-3 readers daily, (except new patch releases.)

- GS

Back
Top Bottom