Can't start the game? Look here

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathwhisper

Sergeant Knight at Arms
As the mod is fairly demanding, a lot of people have been having trouble launching the game. Runtime errors seem to be the most frequent.

I haven't personally got that issue, but reducing your graphic quality and activating the load textures on demand option seems to have helped some people.

However, A New Dawn isn't the only mod to have that issue, so I will put up links to similar threads from other mods which provide some ways to potentially solve that issue.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148144.msg3700393.html#msg3700393
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

If something there makes the game work for you (or doesn't), don't hesitate to post here to help others as well.

Okay, so it seems that I can't launch the game with this mod. I get an RGL error just at the start that says: Unable to open file: Modules/A New Dawn/Resource/min_env_materials.brf. I'm running the latest version of the game (Steam) and the latest version of the mod.

In the Resource folder there is only one file: taleworlds_tableau_shields.brf. The archive that I downloaded looks perfectly fine, too. What could be wrong here?

Im having the same issue and I cant quite figure it out. Ive installed the mod several times over and its still saying the same thing. Some help would be useful because Ive heard good things about this mod.

I did have big problems with mod not launching and getting crashes in siege battles.  Pretty much it looked like I was getting out of video memory with all the new textures for armors etc. Ticking "load textures on demand" helped, but lowering texture quality to half and setting shaders to low fixed all crashes and improved fps a LOT.

Now I can play with 250 unit cap with almost no problems (ocasional stutter when game loads new textures at start/reinforce moments).

For reference I have

Windows 7
i5-2500
8Gb Ram
Asus GeForce Gtx 460 SE 1024MB

Spaps said:
Okay, so it seems that I can't launch the game with this mod. I get an RGL error just at the start that says: Unable to open file: Modules/A New Dawn/Resource/min_env_materials.brf. I'm running the latest version of the game (Steam) and the latest version of the mod.

In the Resource folder there is only one file: taleworlds_tableau_shields.brf. The archive that I downloaded looks perfectly fine, too. What could be wrong here?

I'm having the same problem here... Exactly the same problem. Anyone help us please?

EDIT: Ahaha, I found out what I did wrong, 0.6 and 0.61 is only a PATCH, we need to download 0.5 to be even able to play this module. Oh well.

It's right what tommy says. I had this problem too but for me the 0.5 file was damaged.

To bad i cannot play the mod i hope there will be a version like Floris mod with Gameplay, for lower pc to play the game also for ppl like me maybe there are more then 20-30% that cannot play the game, there are meny ppl that try to play the mod but they cannot play i try for 5 days diferent things it didnt help...

i have see the game from videos becose i could play so from here i say great job to the team off A New Dawn!

i try all posible version even 1.153 with WSE i try evreything you guys can imagine or what you cannot imagen!!

if you have any advice to try something else i'm open for it and i thank you in advance!

the Only and only thing that work was with Direct X 7 and low to evreything ingame, but the game is unplayble is show in something like black and white!

Like i say hope there will be a realese for lower PC grafics for ppl like me, thanks in advance and great job keep it up!!!

The Rest off the Loading Screen Modul evreything goes well until a bit more down to the end...

This is my Rlg_Log

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.166

-- OS: Microsoft Windows 7  Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 1068MB/2047MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2160  @ 1.80GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 1024K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 2 ( Speed: ~1799MHz / ~1800MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS   
- Texture Memory: 1266 ( Available Texture Memory: 1261 )

Loading Module Resource  exp_env_snow_trees
Loading Module Resource  exp_env_trees
Loading Module Resource  min_env_skyboxes
Loading Resource  map_icon_meshes
Loading Resource  map_icons_c
Loading Module Resource  min_map_icons

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
loading time:  886583
Finished All...

tommy71394 said:
Spaps said:

I'm having the same problem here... Exactly the same problem. Anyone help us please?

EDIT: Ahaha, I found out what I did wrong, 0.6 and 0.61 is only a PATCH, we need to download 0.5 to be even able to play this module. Oh well.

I have a similar situation to what is mentioned above whenever I open the A New Dawn mod my game starts to load and then fails to do so. An RGL Error pops up saying: Modules/A-New-Dawn/Resource/min_env_materials.brf and it's not just the a new dawn mod. When I tried playing a clash of kings instead I got the exact same error with a clash of kings in the place of a new dawn. Now I have deleted and reinstalled the mod. Installing first 0.5 then 0.6 then 0.61 and still got the same error. I looked at all of the files I installed using rar and I could open all of them except the ones in the resource folder. I used my app store to download the one and only app it suggested could open the files in the resource folder, but they still won't open.

Do you guys know about any apps that might be able to open the files in the resource folder? I think this is why my game isn't loading.

Back
Top Bottom