When Bodo needs the letter for his liege...

Users who are viewing this thread

k61824

Veteran
every npc I need to progress (regardless of which side I am taking) is reported to be near Bal Luighness (top left Ireland) and nowhere to be found near there.  Am I missing something or is the location reporting system broken?

Screenshots on imgur.  Hope that helps.  The other choice somehow had similar problems but you might be able to waited for those guys to spawn from Snotingaham (please check that as well,somehow it had problems last night but not today when I load from the save at the point when I tell Bjorn about the truce).

Was about to post a similar set of screens for the quest The Revenge: The Alliance. Also toggled the cheats on and searched the map for roaming warbands/cities with posted up lords using the Ctrl+T function, and Brytenwalda Aethelred Aethelwulfing is nowhere to be found in the relevant locations (Bal Luighne and the surrounding area, as well as the Kingdom of West Seaxe and it's warring neighbors). Tried waiting for several days to see if he'd pop up, no show. The kingdom of West Seaxe even went to war with the kingdoms of Glywyssing and Cornubia, and he has not appeared in any of the fighting.

Idibil said:
k61824 said:
Screenshots on imgur.  Hope that helps.  The other choice somehow had similar problems but you might be able to waited for those guys to spawn from Snotingaham (please check that as well,somehow it had problems last night but not today when I load from the save at the point when I tell Bjorn about the truce).

Ok, if you wait two days, king continue missing?
The king (Brytenwalda) spawn if I actually wait for two days in my refuge in Denmark.  Not sure what happens if I wait elsewhere.

So yes, probably only the location reporting system is broken.

Also something odd I found.  I put that into the spoiler.
Also apparently you can still shove the letter to the King's face after you let his brother read it (read: take it from you) and you come back to the king for homage.

Idibil said:
k61824 said:

Ok, if you wait two days, king continue missing?

I posted screens elsewhere showing that all of the lords involved in the Snotingaham quest are also missing and reported to be near Bal Luighne. I waited for around 30 days. The quest expired and still none of the missing characters turned up.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320129.msg7573644.html#msg7573644

Hey, I am currently at the quest where I have to give the letter to the king of west seaxe (Brytanwalda), so I payed for peace and asked one of his vassalls for his location, but they all tell me he is near Bal Luighne but currently on the field (wich makes no sense, as west seaxe is not at war with the guys up there), if anybody finds a sollution to this please notfiy.
(excuse my bad english, as I am not native english speaker)

I tested a few more times and it seems that for the vikings if they don't come out when you give the letter to ragnarssons they won't ever come out afterwards.

Yep, I tried waiting to, I waited more than a week at my refuge and his lords keep telling me he is on the field near Bal Luighne.
I tried using ctrl+t to check, but he still is nowhere to find on the map. :sad:

Having the same issue. The campaign is broken for me, I guess, since I don't have other savegames before this quest starts. Not interested to start over also. It was a promising DLC, but it turned out to be an early access title, which I usually tend to avoid. I hope dev team will add this title to their game on steam.

Skyluke1 said:
Yep, I tried waiting to, I waited more than a week at my refuge and his lords keep telling me he is on the field near Bal Luighne.
I tried using ctrl+t to check, but he still is nowhere to find on the map. :sad:

In your quest page, what exactly say? You have a quest assigned, which?

tommygun999 said:
Having the same issue. The campaign is broken for me, I guess, since I don't have other savegames before this quest starts. Not interested to start over also. It was a promising DLC, but it turned out to be an early access title, which I usually tend to avoid. I hope dev team will add this title to their game on steam.

No exactly, you are in boar grove quest?
You have a cheat to start again this quest if fixed took you in bad position. Same for The fleet quest or douar.

I have the same problem and posted the issue as it follows:

To whom may concern:

I have started playing the capaign senario for a while and a serious issue has occured. I have decided to deliver an important letter to the ruler of West Seax called Brytenwalda something but I cannot meet him. When I ask from other West Seax lords and ladies for his location they all say that his close to a Northern Ireland vilagge. I have been four times there and found nothing. I downloaded the beta patch to check if there is any improvement on this issue but nothing occured. So please if anyone can help either as information or by fixing the problem (if this is a software issue), it would mean much to me since my capmaign story is blocked.

Thank you in advance

http://imgur.com/a/wf4XO Hear are the screenshots of my quest situation and the lords telling me that brytanwalda is near bal luighne at the moment (apparently)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321048.0.html

I have this problem, but with Jarl Halfdan Ragnarsson, he go to Eidynburh and is close to Bal Luighne

Quite a few people are getting this error now, I hope that the Devs quickly find a solution to this bug and are able to fix this :sad:

Back
Top Bottom