[NC2014] Announcements

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After careful deliberation, I have decided that rounds played in a tie-breaker will not be counted towards a team's overall round differential.

The reasoning behind this decision is twofold.
First, as pointed out by CaptainLust here, it is possible for teams to abuse tie-breakers to get a larger round differential than would normally be possible by purposefully drawing the match.
Second, we use the Round Differential to measure how well a team has played in the entire group. It is unfair to count tie-breakers when not every match is played with a tie-breaker. Especially considering matches with a home/away system are more likely to end in draws and not every team plays home/away system matches.

What this means for the tournament:
The Round Differentials that were previously added to teams from tie-breakers will be removed. This affects Group B and Group A:
In Group B:
UK will take first place and Russia will take second place. Both teams will advance to the knockout stages.
The Rounds played by BeNe and Canada have been removed.

In Group A:
The rounds played Czech Republic and Italy have been removed.

Due to other admins being involved in the match or being unavailable, this decision fell on me alone. Feel free to PM me with questions or post in the Suggestions Thread if you have questions/comments/concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom