Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
Kadoken said:
I have heard that when you go over 300 the game either bugs out or it starts to become too much for even high specced computers to handle at a 60fps standard, though I have heard of people going to 500 so maybe they can handle more.

I can quite easily get to 1000 men even though my PC is optimised for 2009. I do most of my tests with 500 vs 500 battles, and as long as there's not too much cavalry and the melee brawl isn't too chaotic, there's a little bit of stuttering but it's not excessive. But even at those sizes, even the shoulder-mounted "artillery" makes the player behave in a way that tends to ignore tactics completely. It was one of my biggest gripes with TOTSK, even though I modded in larger battlefields.

Huh. Maybe I need to do more testing with my desktop as I put that thing together in 2011.

looking at your art just motivated me to download this mod again (restored my laptop). You should apply your comic story to Sayazn in the future maybe. Love your art and this mod

YOU CAN EXECUTE LORD PRISONERS?

I just figured this out!

Although the flavor text was execution for "High treason" and I'm pretty sure the Great Khan of Gathan can't exactly commit treason against Kasthind.

I actually decided to load a previous save in case therthe was bugginess.

Edit: Wait a minute. If I kill enough of them... Can I see the banners?

Heh, that sounds like serial killer talk. "I had to kill them! It's the only way to see the colors!"

Kadoken said:

I just figured this out!

Although the flavor text was execution for "High treason" and I'm pretty sure the Great Khan of Gathan can't exactly commit treason against Kasthind.

Heh, that sounds like serial killer talk. "I had to kill them! It's the only way to see the colors!"

if you do kill them, EVERYONE hates you. I dont know if that is a bug or not but I mean EVERYONE. Every single soul in the world

Waka The Fox said:
Kadoken said:

I just figured this out!

if you do kill them, EVERYONE hates you. I dont know if that is a bug or not but I mean EVERYONE. Every single soul in the world

Yes.

But will the banners come back?

More seriously, I have bever gotten to the endgame, even though I have like 900 hours on Warband, but a friend who did on vanilla said everyone including his vassals hated him when he conquered the map anyway so eh.

Edit:sad:Also, I have no true grievance against no banners. The models are good to tell people apart, and mousing over people is easy. Although I do hope the player map model looks different next update, this white shirted [sandled?] scrub does not look like the next shah of the Kharisir.)

How is the progress on 3.0? Also I checked pages back and can't find the image of the airship model that was mentioned. :sad:

The ship code seems to be behaving randomly, as are a few other scripts. The more I code the more I get the suspicion this version of warband might be bugged in a few places. It was frustrating me quite a lot so I took a break from it, and I have a bunch of real life stuff to take care of before I go back, but be sure it's on my mind.

If anyone feels like tackling my spaghetti code and helping me figure out what's wrong I'd be glad to give you the source code and the files if you PM me, or just mention it here. And I know some of you might pretend you're amazing unknown coders just to get your hands on the mod early, ( :lol: ) so if I don't know you from elsewhere I'll ask a basic question about warband scripting. Just to make sure.  :razz:

jacobhinds said:
The ship code seems to be behaving randomly, as are a few other scripts. The more I code the more I get the suspicion this version of warband might be bugged in a few places. It was frustrating me quite a lot so I took a break from it, and I have a bunch of real life stuff to take care of before I go back, but be sure it's on my mind.

If anyone feels like tackling my spaghetti code and helping me figure out what's wrong I'd be glad to give you the source code and the files if you PM me, or just mention it here. And I know some of you might pretend you're amazing unknown coders just to get your hands on the mod early, ( :lol: ) so if I don't know you from elsewhere I'll ask a basic question about warband scripting. Just to make sure.  :razz:

What is wrong with the naval battles anyway? Are you trying to do some complex script wizardy with it?

jacobhinds said:
Sort of, but the operations are working really haphazardly. The documentation isn't very good and some of them are just broken becsuse taleworlds apparently didn't test them.

Are you going for a Carribean! type of thing or just two boats locked together like a tirereme and basically a land battle but on two ships?

jacobhinds said:
Sort of a mixture where the boats move and ranged troops shoot each other before boarding. But there are a ton of issues with men spawning at the bottom of the sea or floating in mid air.

I think Brytenwalda and Viking Conquest have the same system for sea combat and the same issues. I remember watching an online video and people would occasionally fall off or through the ships and at one point two ships went through each other and knocked a ton of people into the sea. I don't think the engine was made for, or can handle a bunch of objects moving around on moving platforms without it being really buggy.

Will TW even be updating Warband anymore now that Bannerlord is supposed to be coming out "soon" again?

Back
Top Bottom