The Eagle and The Radiant Cross Old Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this started as a modification of vanilla for personal use. My initial idea was to set vanilla in the Renaissance era, but somehow the whole idea was twisted somewhere along the way (I blame beer), and it ended being more of a "Warhammer" kind of thing, factions, completely different from each other, fighting among themselves. Anyways, I made it just for fun, this is basically M&B, the way I like to play it.

Version Alpha0.6a *February 07/08* for 0.903: It uses Pirates of Calradia as a base, so all of it features are present.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=568

KNOWN BUGS:
-The scenes of the new towns are still messed up, so for example, if you try to enter the castle, you may end up in the tavern, the lord will still be there tough, and you can talk to him. All merchants are working fine tough. FIXED
-Sometimes river pirates use the ship icon when on land, this is a Pirates of Calradia bug.
-There seems to be a bug involving the gun toting bandits, avoid them for now, use the teleportation cheat if you have to. Ill fix it ASAP. FIXED

Features:
- Includes Pirates of Calradia, by Mirathei. (Some stuff has been left out, like the RCM and the realistic sized weapons, as well as some items).
- Adds a new faction
- Modified Chel's death script, you can get wounded in battle (death has been removed).
- Many new items from different sources.
- 4 new Heroes
- Firearms
- Talk to the traveler in taverns to get some info about the world in Eagle and The Radiant Cross mod.
- Many tweaks from Bow, including: sorted loot (better loot on top), higher troop wages,  morale penalty for having troops of an enemy faction, and prisoner reward based on level.
- Heroes start at lvl 1 with a number of attributes equal to the player (no more 5,5,4,4 crap).
- Stronger parties and soldiers.
- Includes Low resolution version of the mod textures, for older PCs

I really, really suggest you use the M&B: Grahical Enhancement, it adds a lot to the inmersion of the mod.

Latest releases:
Alpha 0.6
-Modified Chel's death script, you can't die, but you can get wounded.
-4 new NPC heroes
-More dialog for the traveler
-some new items, some replaced ones
-new units
-changed some troop trees
-Sorted loot is back on
-Soldiers wages have been increased
-You can get more money from prisioners, depending on their level
-Morale penalty for having units of an enemy faction
Alpha 0.6a Bugfix version:
-Fixed pistol bug that caused crash when facing Gun Toting Bandits and the Imperial State.
-Corrected the scenes for towns and castles of the Imperial State faction. The castle ain't a tavern anymore  :razz:. Their siege scenes are corrected aswell
-Other minor fixes

Factions: .
The Holy Swadian Empire:
Formely an Ellis province, Swadia has now changed a lot. After centuries of wars, plague an famine, they have emerged as a powerful empire. Emperor Sigismund Augustus has inherited a rich land, and a powerful army, formed by grim landsknechts, “servants of the country”, professional soldiers, who have also served in foreign wars as mercenaries. The nobility is also a powerful military arm, riding in massive, armored horses, trampling everything in its path.

I based them in the Holy Roman Empire. They are good in all fields, but what shines is their cavalry, clad in gleaming full plate armor, charging bravely towards the enemy, with the champion of the army in the front rank, bearing the Standard of The Empire, a double headed eagle.

Rhodoks Ellis Empire:
The Ellis Empire used to be the most powerful nation, not only in Calradia, but in the whole known world. Their armies, professional, of massive size and well trained an equipped terrified their enemies. Whorewer, a series of inept, vain Emperors, caused their downfall. Nowadays the "Empire" compromises just its ancestral capital city Ellis, and the city of Lerna. But there is hope. The Lion Throne has sent the undefeated Brigade Of The Radiant Cross, in return for Ellis adoption of the Filaharn Faith. Ellis armies are now back on the fight for Calradia, and those who have seen the young Emperor in battle say that he cannot be defeated, for Filaharn fights by his side .

Think of Ellis as Rome+ancient Greeks. They are the best infantry, very heavily armored, and with similar equipment for all. Their phalanx can do wonders against even the swadian knights. The champion carries the Imperial Banner, the Radiant Cross. They have some ranged support in terms of javelin throwers, but don't expect them to beat real ranged experts.

The Dual Monarchy:
The Dual Monarchy is a conglomeration of many states. In the beginning it was a personal union between the Kingdoms of Vaegir and Nirdam, but in time they managed to bring the Grand Duchy of Zenislev and the Tribal warriors of the south under their wing, among others. Nowadays is a multinational empire. The nobility of each nation is allowed to have positions of power, this, plus an extremely effective military, has contributed to keep the Dual Monarchy in relatively stable state throughout the years.

The Dual Monarchy has extremely good archers, and good cavalry and infantry. If you are lucky, you can get support from mounted gunners and skirmishers, plus foot riflemen and halberdiers. The key word is variety.

Khergit Khanate:
The Khergit hail from the southeast, and they have managed to build themselves an empire in an extremely short period. Defeating nation after nation, they have now focused their attention in the continent of Calradia. The only way of fighting they know is that of horse archey, horewer, to help them in this conquest, they have brought slaves from their massive empire.

They are basically Mongols, just like in native. Their slaves are the Selemite (infantry and foot archers) and soldiers from the Long Guo Empire (crossbowmen and cavalry).

Imperial State:
The Imperial State is one of the two former Ellisian provinces of Swadia. Horewer, unlike their brothers from the Holy Swadian Empire, they are not interested in religion and dominance of the world in the name of some deity. They are extremely nationalistic, and if Calradia is to be conquered, it will be done in the name of the Kaiser, and repopulated by State citizens afterwards.

The Imperial State is THE gun faction, I based them in the second German Empire. They have some light cavalry support. Beware of their Cannoneers and Repeater Gunners.

Nord Colonies:
Two hundreds years ago, when the nords arrived, they sacked all of northern Calradia. Many castles were built by the calradian powers, with the end of repelling this raiders. However, after a series of battles, the nords managed to capture them, plus the coastal cities, securing the northern coast for themselves. Many of them decided to settle and formed colonies. Nowadays, their descendants consider themselves Calradians, and are willing to expand their dominion.

Nords have received more items, but have been left mostly unchanged. They have a new unit, the Colonial Guard, who have adopted the Calradian way of war.

Credits:
Stratusfear: thanks for the map!
Mirathei: for Pirates of Calradia and Magic Mod sources.
Justiciar: for testing and screenshots.
Jager: for many textures.
Fisheye, Hardcode, Talak, RRRaptor64,theMageLord: for making BOW open source, and many items.
Luigi: for many items.
Chel: for armor and horse textures, his death and wound script, and scripting help.
Seven Devils: for Mustard&Biscuits Edition.
Diabelica and the Firearms Mod team: again, for making it open source, and a couple of textures.
Ursca, Ancientwanker and the TLD team for giving me permission to use a couple of their items.
The Pope: for many items, and for making the awesome Renaissance Mod back then, which was the initial inspiration for this mod.
Raz: for letting me use items from the Holy War.
Rayvenq: For making my banner.
Spong: for letting me use his textures.
Ubberdorc: for helmets.
Muyiboy: for letting me use some of the Tripartition Mod Items.
Winter: for some of the craftmod items (not that damn horse, mind you  :wink:)
Llew2: banner.
Nethoras: many items.

I think that's everyone, but if I forgot someone please let me know.

NOTE: Zweihanders are handled a bit different than common 2handers, this is not a bug. They are also not usable from horseback.
NOTE 2: In order to give a banner to the new faction I had to disable the script that makes the player banner unique. So don't be surprised if some other lord has the same banner as you. Also, all Ellis lords use the same banner, the same thing goes for the Imperial State.

SCREENIES, Taken by Justiciar

Laurian Mercenaries in battle:
laurianlines2pa7.jpg

halberdclosequartersif1.jpg

Highlander Mercs fighting Dual Monarchy's Frontiersmen:
highlanderfrontiersmancai9.jpg

Soldiers of the Long Guo Empire:
longguoauxilliariesay9.jpg

Imperial State Guards and Cannoneer:
barragegk1.jpg

fireze5.jpg

Troops of the Ellis Empire:
ellisphalangailk6.jpg

ellisformationqc0.jpg

Mag-7 was my mod but I cant really remember that guys screen name. His real name was Tom though and he did use that on a credit at some point. A reinforced spangelhelm and turban helm model iirc.  IIRC he updated mag-7 after I abandoned it and put those helms in.

EasyCo506 said:
Looks good. :smile:

But why do the pictures look so messed up?
:lol:
Don't worry about that, my graphics card is having some issues with M&B, but there won't be any problem with the rest of you.

Ancientwanker said:
Mag-7 was my mod but I cant really remember that guys screen name. His real name was Tom though and he did use that on a credit at some point. A reinforced spangelhelm and turban helm model iirc.  IIRC he updated mag-7 after I abandoned it and put those helms in.
Oh, Im sorry about that. Wasn't he Ubberdorc by any chance?, I had a pm chat with him a long time ago, and it seems that he hasnt been active since march 2006.

Those screenshots look great!
With the gunpowder, are you going to make handgonnes, arquebuses or muskets? Seems a bit odd that only one side has figured out to use guns have jumped straight to flintlock muskets.
Also, is it just the pistols you're using?

Again, looks good.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Those screenshots look great!
With the gunpowder, are you going to make handgonnes, arquebuses or muskets? Seems a bit odd that only one side has figured out to use guns have jumped straight to flintlock muskets.
Also, is it just the pistols you're using?

Again, looks good.
Right now im using the flintlock and musket. Ill replace them if I find something more appropiate, but only if they look as cool  :razz:

EDIT: I just found my first bug, Borcha stats are way to high. Ill fix it.

Having lots of fun with this one. Just 2 things so far..

1. Noticed some of the hired blades uses some new stealth suit technology. Their body armor isnt showing for some reason ( I know nada about modding, you figure it out  :wink:), making them become partly transparent.

2. Gun toating bandits dont drop guns by any chance do they? Been slaughtering them for 1 hour and all ive got so far is hats and more hats.  :lol:

Anyway. looking forward to see where this is going. Keep up the good work.

D sparil where you got that shield for the phalanx? I have one nearly identic that I used in empire mod.

Sir Runalot said:

1. Noticed some of the hired blades uses some new stealth suit technology. Their body armor isnt showing for some reason ( I know nada about modding, you figure it out  :wink:), making them become partly transparent.

2. Gun toating bandits dont drop guns by any chance do they? Been slaughtering them for 1 hour and all ive got so far is hats and more hats.  :lol:

1:  :lol: That shouldnt be happening, perhaps a problem with the lod meshes, ill take a look at it.
2: I gave them only one gun to each one, and its set as guaranteed, so I doubt youll get one as loot, It will be fixed in the next version, for all gun lovers  :razz:

DarkAnd said:
D sparil where you got that shield for the phalanx? I have one nearly identic that I used in empire mod.
I made it myself, my initial idea was to place the cross on the center, but it looked awful when resized, so I did that one till I have some time to work on it.

I have a idea for vaegirs:
The kingdon of vaegirs

Wen they build their first settlement in calradia, they found technologically superior nations, which was using mass amount of plate armours and even some god's power called guns. They tried to start pacifically, but wen the swadians discovered their armor piercing IRON bows, they wanted that. Firstly they wanted by treat offering the secrets of gunpowder, but Yaroglek's father, king Chaklun, said to the swadian emissary:
_MY MEN AREN'T COWARD TO USE THIS KIND OF WEAPON!!!
And then striked his head off whit an axe.
The guards said to the emperor and the war beguns.
Whit a mass horde of 4000 foot knights, 3000 arquebusiers and 1000 knights the swadians besieged Foluner.
the Ellissan, seeing the spot declared war at the swadias.
Seeing this, Yaroglek whit 1000 marksmen and 600 foot soldiers fled from Foluner leaving the city whit only 2000 footmen and 900 marksmen
Wen the battle begun Yaroglek returned flanking the swadians whit the bows and firing piercing the plate armour. After 5 days of battle both armyes goth slaughtered to only 100 arquebusiers and 30 marksmen.
Chaklun surrendered and the swadians crashed Foluner to the ground and kiled Chaklun after that they returned to sargoth. (nord story beings here)

Sir Runalot said:

OK, so:
1- FIXED
2- FIXED
3 -Borcha being Supper Stud Man: FIXED

DarkAnd said:
I have a idea for vaegirs:
The kingdon of vaegirs

Wen they build their first settlement in calradia, they found technologically superior nations, which was using mass amount of plate armours and even some god's power called guns. They tried to start pacifically, but wen the swadians discovered their armor piercing IRON bows, they wanted that. Firstly they wanted by treat offering the secrets of gunpowder, but Yaroglek's father, king Chaklun, said to the swadian emissary:
_MY MEN AREN'T COWARD TO USE THIS KIND OF WEAPON!!!
And then striked his head off whit an axe.
The guards said to the emperor and the war beguns.
Whit a mass horde of 4000 foot knights, 3000 arquebusiers and 1000 knights the swadians besieged Foluner.
the Ellissan, seeing the spot declared war at the swadias.
Seeing this, Yaroglek whit 1000 marksmen and 600 foot soldiers fled from Foluner leaving the city whit only 2000 footmen and 900 marksmen
Wen the battle begun Yaroglek returned flanking the swadians whit the bows and firing piercing the plate armour. After 5 days of battle both armyes goth slaughtered to only 100 arquebusiers and 30 marksmen.
Chaklun surrendered and the swadians crashed Foluner to the ground and kiled Chaklun after that they returned to sargoth. (nord story beings here)
That sounds good, except for a few points:
- Why would the swadians want armor piercing bows, when they have gunpowder?
- And second, and more importantly, I need a sort of base, I mean, what civilization should I use as a base?, I have been thinking of The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, The Sassanind Empire, and the Islamic Caliphate, but I still can't decide (if any of you have an idea, please post it)

fisheye said:
Looks awesome. Let me know if you need help with my scripts.
You bet!. Seriously, the BOW source has been very, very usefull.
12629.gif

Seems that reinforced light plate is missing the mesh.
Got a rgl warning "Unable to find mesh costume6_ss_maw1" while buying armor and it's invisible in the buy/sell screen.
BTW reskin of the  mail&plate is great.

I think Iron and wood is much less expensive than arquebuses
made then some sort of turkish but whitout horse archers and give then gray short bows

Branko said:
Seems that reinforced light plate is missing the mesh.
Got a rgl warning "Unable to find mesh costume6_ss_maw1" while buying armor and it's invisible in the buy/sell screen.
BTW reskin of the  mail&plate is great.

Strangely enough, I didnt get that error, but still I couldnt see the mesh in game. I have removed it for the moment, but I think I know what the problem is, anyways, it will be fixed in the next version.

DarkAnd said:
I think Iron and wood is much less expensive than arquebuses
made then some sort of turkish but whitout horse archers and give then gray short bows
Well thats the issue, the swadians have reached a point were making arquebuses or strong crossbows is a common thing. Besides, don't forget that training archers takes many years, with gunpowder swadians think they got the holy grail, and so they discarded such training.
Btw: I like your ideas, but discussing them will most likely make them richer, thats why I do it  :wink:

i played the awesome mod, downloaded from mbrepository.
Is there by any chance a plan for a non-religious faction?

RaVeN said:
i played the awesome mod, downloaded from mbrepository.
Is there by any chance a plan for a non-religious faction?
Well yeah, there are still 3 factions to go, khergits and nords will most likely remain similar in terms of inspiration (nords=nords, khergits=mongols) but I still haven't decided what to do with vaegirs, any suggestion is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom