Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Users who are viewing this thread

NizzleNinja said:
I can't seem get it to boot. I extracted it, patched it, and I'm not sure what to do.
I get an RGL error, saying "Unable to open file: CommonRes/wb_mp_objects_a.brf"
Not entirely sure what to do, or where the actual error is, my side or something with the mod.
Thanks for your time
What version of Warband are you using? You need 1.153 or 1.154

Diaphantos1

I noticed that few days ago, but I forgot about this. It was really funny when Tanalia wanted to defeat me with karate moves :wink:

When attempting to do prison breaks the archmages staff's special attack (the one that kills and has a really cool sound effect) doesn't work. It works perfectly on the field but not prison breaks (tried with Dirhim and another swadian castle and multiple bandit parties  :twisted:).

Killing with flame arrow, black bolt, or archmages staff (on kill mode) produce duplicate damage and death messages, damage amounts are different but if they die it says two of the same unit died when only one did.

EDIT: Mercenary mages don't join in with the guards in stopping a prison break. Flame arrow seems to do nothing to swadian infantry and militia. I'm wearing archmage gear, with staff, healers ring, and a pair of elven plate boots (there appears to be no magic friendly boots so I went with the ones that looked like they would be). I got a headshot on swadian infantry while he was oblivious to the prison break and it did 0 damage, was only doing 4-6 damage on the militia.

Jerv243
Because magic did not work in prison break (by now), and about mercenaries - they've never fights against player in prison breaks, no matter whether they are magicians or caravan guards, it's issue from native, all for that, because they are in neutral faction.

MasterChaosis said:
Jerv243
Because magic did not work in prison break (by now), and about mercenaries - they've never fights against player in prison breaks, no matter whether they are magicians or caravan guards, it's issue from native, all for that, because they are in neutral faction.

That makes sense about the mercenaries. Also the staff doesn't work in bandit ambushes (when trying to do something in a town or village) the lightning spell however does work.

Also Ibdeles Castle doesn't sit properly on the terrain, hills allow you to walk over walls and siege engine is stuck. Also part of the town is sunken in to the point where you can walk under the buildings.

I noticed a bug with the ship. When I sail, I am unable to reach the shore without cheating. If I just click the beach, my boat comes to the shore but stops before actually reaching it. To disembark I have to use the teleport cheat, when my party is teleported to the land the game gives me the option to disembark.

A workaround is to tell your party to march towards a town or village, you'll hit the shore and it'll ask to disembark.

Diaphantos1 said:
Is grandmaster tanalia not supposed to have meele weapons, a horse, or a helmet?
Oh crap, I must have forgotten to add those... fixing!

Jerv243 said:
When attempting to do prison breaks the archmages staff's special attack (the one that kills and has a really cool sound effect) doesn't work. It works perfectly on the field but not prison breaks (tried with Dirhim and another swadian castle and multiple bandit parties  :twisted:).

Killing with flame arrow, black bolt, or archmages staff (on kill mode) produce duplicate damage and death messages, damage amounts are different but if they die it says two of the same unit died when only one did.

EDIT: Mercenary mages don't join in with the guards in stopping a prison break. Flame arrow seems to do nothing to swadian infantry and militia. I'm wearing archmage gear, with staff, healers ring, and a pair of elven plate boots (there appears to be no magic friendly boots so I went with the ones that looked like they would be). I got a headshot on swadian infantry while he was oblivious to the prison break and it did 0 damage, was only doing 4-6 damage on the militia.

Ah a little bug there, I didn't add those scripts to those mission templates. It's good you noticed that. Will be fixed in the next version.
I need to think how to fix how mercenary mages will attack when you try to rescue a prisoner they're guarding.

Jerv243 said:
MasterChaosis said:
Jerv243

That makes sense about the mercenaries. Also the staff doesn't work in bandit ambushes (when trying to do something in a town or village) the lightning spell however does work.

Also Ibdeles Castle doesn't sit properly on the terrain, hills allow you to walk over walls and siege engine is stuck. Also part of the town is sunken in to the point where you can walk under the buildings.

Thanks, the scene was probably bugged since vanilla 1.143, this should be quite easy to correct with a simple scene overwrite.

Psychopompos said:
I noticed a bug with the ship. When I sail, I am unable to reach the shore without cheating. If I just click the beach, my boat comes to the shore but stops before actually reaching it. To disembark I have to use the teleport cheat, when my party is teleported to the land the game gives me the option to disembark.
It's actually a bug from the sailing mechanics from native warband. You can disembark, like Jerv243 said, when you target any village, town or castle and let the ship sail towards it, a disembark option will appear as soon as you reach the shore.

*I know nothing about modding Warband so I have no idea how possible this is*

What if you added a new troop for each faction that was a "Mercenary Mage", don't let them be something you can upgrade a troop to and keep the ones you can get in the taverns.

Although I'm rather glad they don't help out, a couple well placed lightning spells would take out the person I'm rescuing :razz:

I don't know if it is a bug or an unfinished feature due to the beta status of the mod, but I found a neutral settlement named "Four Ways Inn", which is totally empty and doesn't provide any option.

guspav said:
Psychopompos said:
It's actually a bug from the sailing mechanics from native warband. You can disembark, like Jerv243 said, when you target any village, town or castle and let the ship sail towards it, a disembark option will appear as soon as you reach the shore.

Ok. Thanks. :grin:

Jerv243 said:

What if you added a new troop for each faction that was a "Mercenary Mage", don't let them be something you can upgrade a troop to and keep the ones you can get in the taverns.

Although I'm rather glad they don't help out, a couple well placed lightning spells would take out the person I'm rescuing :razz:

There already is a Mercenary Mage troop, and most of the magic-less factions' lords already use them...

Psychopompos said:
I don't know if it is a bug or an unfinished feature due to the beta status of the mod, but I found a neutral settlement named "Four Ways Inn", which is totally empty and doesn't provide any option.

It's not a bug,  it's currently a work in progress, guspav has plans for that inn that he has not implemented yet... you can just ignore it for now.

LazySteve said:
Jerv243 said:

There already is a Mercenary Mage troop, and most of the magic-less factions' lords already use them...
I think (correct me if I am wrong) to make a Mercenary Mage unit for each Native faction (6 in total) so they will help during sieges.

mercav said:
LazySteve said:
Jerv243 said:

I think (correct me if I am wrong) to make a Mercenary Mage unit for each Native faction (6 in total) so they will help during sieges.

That's what I meant, so they would technically be a different mage from each faction.

I'm really hoping it's a feature and not a bug, but with 5 necromancy skill and a necromancer's staff I can make infinite zombies forever. My health never drops below 40% and I can continuously make more and more zombies until I run out of party size. Through this I also noticed that when necromancy mentions relations changing with various factions, it doesn't actually happen -the relationship remains the same.

Seeing how they have 0 magic defense and are only serviceable in stopping cavalry and infantry with tight formation bricks, it is certainly not gamebreaking. It is, however, hilarious.

Akael said:
I'm really hoping it's a feature and not a bug, but with 5 necromancy skill and a necromancer's staff I can make infinite zombies forever. My health never drops below 40% and I can continuously make more and more zombies until I run out of party size. Through this I also noticed that when necromancy mentions relations changing with various factions, it doesn't actually happen -the relationship remains the same.

Seeing how they have 0 magic defense and are only serviceable in stopping cavalry and infantry with tight formation bricks, it is certainly not gamebreaking. It is, however, hilarious.

That bug will be addressed in the next version. Necromancy will only be usable once a day.

a bug i noticed is when your ambushed in towns or when you are attacking bandits and peasants inside villages. When you use the lightning blast and the fireball spell the right side of my screen lights up with red and i seem to never do damage :/

Bardaer'dor (village near Ichamur) is sitting on top of unpassable terrain, so it can't be reached and even some hostile seem to spawn on this unpassable terrain.

There also seems to be some weird behaviour with priests at the moment, whereas joining a fight with an ally will lead to priests from the allies seemingly knocking allies unconscious or even killing them.

Back
Top Bottom