Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looter said:
CaptainLee said:
joei160. said:
I would like to be a bolshevik spearman. Will Bannerlord make it possible or this isn't a real sandbox game???

One spear per three comrades.

One of Every three men gets a spear, the other two follow him. When the man with the spear dies, the next man picks up his spear and stabs!
I see the reference.
Enemy at the gates?

Looter said:
One of Every three men gets a spear, the other two follow him. When the man with the spear dies, the next man picks up his spear and stabs!

that is a great movie reference, but it has nothing to do with @joel silly comments. It was just the case of a country without war supplies, like many others (if not all of them) were in WW1 and WW2.

easier to get bodies than weapons and foodstuff

and there is a off-topic thread for silly stuff @joel, why don't you go visit it?

back to Bannerlord now?

Would anyone else like to see some form of player housing? Just being able to buy land or a residence within a village or town.

My reasoning is that there are quite a few of us who don't aspire to be kings or lords and just want to make our way in the world. With your own residence you could stuff your family/companions there and also hire household staff like a finacial advisor or treasurer(like the treasurer from Diplomacy) and they would collect any money from your business' and you could store money and items there.

I would just like a place fory character to call home, even if its a yurt, cabin or manor. If my character is a Battanian Tribesman wouldn't it make sense to have a tribe or village you call home?

Dest45 said:
Would anyone else like to see some form of player housing? Just being able to buy land or a residence within a village or town.

My reasoning is that there are quite a few of us who don't aspire to be kings or lords and just want to make our way in the world. With your own residence you could stuff your family/companions there and also hire household staff like a finacial advisor or treasurer(like the treasurer from Diplomacy) and they would collect any money from your business' and you could store money and items there.

I would just like a place fory character to call home, even if its a yurt, cabin or manor. If my character is a Battanian Tribesman wouldn't it make sense to have a tribe or village you call home?

That would be great. Not only for storage, but for a place to rest in towns without paying 20 denars per night.

I've played many times with characters I'd wanted to be simple merchants, but after 50 in-game days I just got too bored. The noble/king game is also repetitive, but much less. I hope that in Bannerlord this options of game have more immersion and things to do; more actions to be done inside towns. I noticed the game passed too little inside towns and the urban centers can offer a lot of possible missions, activities and other kinds of tasks.

Dest45 said:
Would anyone else like to see some form of player housing?

... don't aspire to be kings or lords ...

looks like a nice addition for a DLC/expansion or mod later on. If they just add a quick solution just to give players a step into becoming a lord/king, then it will just be a undeveloped feature.

This simple idea of having a house (s), npcs working for you, business/enterprises, caravans, trading empire, etc, ... is pretty much a game already, so if it comes to live I would like to see a full version down the road. A mode you can play for 20+ hours without missing the other aspects (leading armies, conquering places, etc)

I do hope they don't try to put too much stuff in the game for release. Shallow features just to be there.

TheWarArmoury said:
joei160. said:
That would be great. Not only for storage, but for a place to rest in towns without paying 20 denars per night.
Unless you plan on cramming your army of 100 in your shack you're gonna be stuck paying those denars.

Ah, yeah, didn't thought about that. Maybe a big manor would fit so much people, but a yurt, a shack or a small house wouldn't do. Then the soldiers that remain would need to go to the tavern anyway...

Under communism that would never happen. Every city will have enough room for a million of pilgrims wandering the soviet lands to visit the statues of the heroes of the new order.

I was just thinking of it as a place for you, your family and MAYBE some companions. Way I see it, You would still be paying everyone. Not a big deal to me how any any of that plays out. Just want a place for my character to call home

Hey if we choose the Blacksmith option during the character background creation (assuming there is one, like in Warband) do you think we could forge our own swords, or would we pay some other blacksmith to do it for us, like a yuppie?

Vraelomon said:
Hey if we choose the Blacksmith option during the character background creation (assuming there is one, like in Warband) do you think we could forge our own swords, or would we pay some other blacksmith to do it for us, like a yuppie?

If there even is one, I doubt it. You in order to forge a sword would need tools, resources, and a smithy obviously, and since M&B is a game more focused on the fighting more than anything else as seen by the trailers, I don't think you'll have any of these besides as productive enterprises[assuming these carry over from warband]. The most that'll be around no doubt is the pay generic faced man to make your sword.

Vraelomon said:

Now that you've brought it up, I'm wondering how they're going to change character creation (mechanically not the appearance of your character.)
I wonder if they'll keep the "choose your background" thing where it determines your starting stats and equipment.
Which also leads me to wonder if they're changing the skill/attribute system much.

Hi all, just jumping in to see if I can answer a few questions. I do read the thread every day but figured a bit of live Q & A would help answer some major questions, without being so much of a time sink that I get nothing else done today!

Cpt. Nemo said:
What aekilju pondered. What will new character stat/backstory/equipment generation be like?
Should make it clear that this isn't for me to give out new information. I'm only really here to clarify things.

With character development, I can say that it will be more dependent on your actions (as you can probably gather from the intrusive pop ups in some of our videos!)

SixRibbons said:
Any extreme examples about the capability of new modding system? What stuff we can easily do that was a nightmare to do before?
Not really my area but I'll give it a shot:

1) We have a nice file that allows us to change many of the combat parameters in the engine, so you're able to exert a decent amount of unrestricted control, even over a large hardcoded part of the game. In addition to that, we've brought many elements of calculations in combat over to C#, which I believe will be moddable.

2) Kind of a specific example and more to do with engine than with C# but with seasons, you have multiple versions of a scene that are maintained simultaneously. I'm sure a modder will find a brilliant creative use for that system.

3) We have editors for a lot of elements in game. One example is the holsters. So you can now assign where an item will sit by using an editor dedicated for that purpose (for instance). These editors should save a lot of time overall.

4) All the benefits of C# from what I understand, which should be fairly substantial.

What is this:
argon45 said:
Sadece müziği için kaydettiğimden kalitesiydi vs. kusura bakmayın, izlendikten sonra sileceğim zaten.

Belki geçici olarak konulmuştur belki anlaşmalıdır vs. Dikkatimi çektiği için paylaştım sadece.

argon45 said:
What is this:
argon45 said:
Sadece müziği için kaydettiğimden kalitesiydi vs. kusura bakmayın, izlendikten sonra sileceğim zaten.

Belki geçici olarak konulmuştur belki anlaşmalıdır vs. Dikkatimi çektiği için paylaştım sadece.
The top video is removed but I'm assuming the music matches another video/game? I think we have non-exclusive rights on some of the music... not totally sure though. If it's something else, you need to be clearer or provide a video which can still be accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom