Paleolithic: Fight for the Homo Genus. RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Voutare

Master Knight
Highlander said:
Ok, reduced the limit of pirate partys from 10 to 4, the size from 14 to 7 and the rate of the pirate camps from 30 to 120.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=472
Save games should be compatible.

*public release*

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=472

Some of the features added since the last closed beta aren't tested, yet, but all in all it should be quite bug-free.

Time – Middle Paleolithic
102,041 B.C.

Races –
Homo Neanderthals
Homo Sapiens

Homo Neanderthals-

They are strong, slow, limited ranged weapons, nomadic and crude living.
Travel in small groups, and harass. (group size = 15-30)

Homo Sapiens-

Weak, fast, has good ranged weapons, nomadic with decent living.
Travel in larger groups, and tend to attack from afar. (group size = 30-50)

Cities –

There will be no cities in the game, and instead when you come across a party, no matter if it is Sapiens or Neanderthals, you will have a choice to enter a temporary scene, and see their nomadic groups. Sapiens will have slightly more advanced traveling villages, and will have merchants.

Weaponry

Sapiens

- many types of spears, wooden, stone, and bone.
- wooden and bone clubs
- wooded, stone, and bone hand axes
- primitive bows.
- throwing javelin

Neanderthals

- many types of spears, wooden, stone, and bone.
- wooden and bone clubs
- wooded, stone, and bone hand axes
- throwing Javelin

Armors

Sapiens
(more advanced than Neanderthal armors)
- hide
- fur

Neanderthals

-hide
- fur

I will start modeling tomorrow after I get some paintball tournament troubles sorted out. Please, anyone, this mod is going to be a semi-accurate non-fantasy mod, so suggestions are welcome, and I am looking forward to all types of modeling help, but it should fit the time period.

Okay, I suggest that instead of "Homo Neanderthal" and "Homo Sapien", you have "Neanderthal" and "Cro-Magnon".

Second, I'd like to stress that there is NO SUCH THING as "Un-tanned leather". Carry on.

just make really irregular shaped clubs and other weapons. in essence, all you need to do is make all the existing weapins chunky, and rename em.

pmdezso said:
just make really irregular shaped clubs and other weapons. in essence, all you need to do is make all the existing weapins chunky, and rename em.

I'm not half-assing this one though.

I'm going to model every model, and even go as far as modeling the twine to connect the stones.

Neanderthals shouldn't be slow. They were superior in almost every way physically, and near equal mentally by all "accounts".  If I remember my anthro right there were aslo other competing (but loosing) homoniods during this time period, though not in the same geography

Well that's a nice mod idea, and I think you should stick with your idea to 'balance' things up between the two races.

I would like to see flaming torches, swinging to scare off those neanderthals

Let me just say:

* Ice-Age map (all snow). Rain should still occur (call it a snowstorm).
* Wooly mammoths (to kill for food and furs, not to ride) just to start with.
* No horses, except maybe as small game - horses during this period were too small to be ridden.
* Weapons should include: stones for throwing, clubs (wood, stone and bone), knives (stone and bone), spears (sharpened wood, or with stone or bone heads), wood bows, arrows (stone or bone arrowheads), axes (wood or bone, with stone or bone edges), wood staves.
* Armors should include: shields (just wood, or wood and hide), leather, fur, knapping (wood, bone and stone).
* After battle, loot should yield (as well as any other items, if humanoid): meat, bone, sinew, teeth, and leather or fur.
* You absolutely MUST add a system for crafting your own weapons, armor and items. Accordingly a system for harvesting wood and stone needs to be implemented, as well as a system for item wear and breakage.
* Teeth should be used as currency - very easy solution.
* Cities should literally move around the map as groups of people with the name of the city, since people were nomadic during these times - a friendly city would bring up a city menu on encounter; a hostile city would start a battle. This would have the added side-effect of "cities" being able to be destroyed... a "secret" quest could be completed when all the cities of one side are destroyed, with the victorious race pronounced the winner of the genetic race. :grin:
* Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon should definitely be the two kinds of humans, and the two available classes. Neanderthal=Strong and Tough. Cro-Magnon=Fast and Intelligent. Easy to balance the stats.

... I'll add more to this list as I think of things. I was going to suggest a paleolithic or "Ice Age" mod, but hey I've been beaten to it. :razz:

I would like to volunteer for design and ideas - I could make textures possibly, but I'm a model retard. :mrgreen:

N0ught said:
Let me just say:

* Ice-Age map (all snow). Rain should still occur (call it a snowstorm).

That would make the game quite hard.

* Wooly mammoths (to kill for food and furs, not to ride) just to start with.

I don't think it's possible to make a moving woolly mammoth.

* No horses, except maybe as small game - horses during this period were too small to be ridden.
* Weapons should include: stones for throwing, clubs (wood, stone and bone), knives (stone and bone), spears (sharpened wood, or with stone or bone heads), wood bows, arrows (stone or bone arrowheads), axes (wood or bone, with stone or bone edges), wood staves.

The weapon list is in the front page.

* Armors should include: shields (just wood, or wood and hide), leather, fur, knapping (wood, bone and stone).

I don't think they had any shields at that era.

* After battle, loot should yield (as well as any other items, if humanoid): meat, bone, sinew, teeth, and leather or fur.

It's a war against two races; no non-humans will be involved in the conflict (unless of course hunting is added).

* You absolutely MUST add a system for crafting your own weapons, armor and items. Accordingly a system for harvesting wood and stone needs to be implemented, as well as a system for item wear and breakage.

Two words, Craft Mod. Of course weapon breakage doesn't seem possible at this point.

* Teeth should be used as currency - very easy solution.

That's just odd.

* Cities should literally move around the map as groups of people with the name of the city, since people were nomadic during these times - a friendly city would bring up a city menu on encounter; a hostile city would start a battle. This would have the added side-effect of "cities" being able to be destroyed... a "secret" quest could be completed when all the cities of one side are destroyed, with the victorious race pronounced the winner of the genetic race. :grin:

Stated in the front page.

* Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon should definitely be the two kinds of humans, and the two available classes. Neanderthal=Strong and Tough. Cro-Magnon=Fast and Intelligent. Easy to balance the stats.

As I stated above, the Neanderthal was in fact the better of the two races, the cro-magnons survived because of their ability to communicate, but the Neanderthals were stronger and had bigger brains.

Despite the fact that I am a Christian (not of your big fancy churches, thank you), I think this mod sounds kinda nifty. Just like I think Spore sounds cool.

What does it matter that you're christian? o_o

Also, in the front page, Voutare said
Voutare said:
semi-accurate non-fantasy mod

To everyone: Please redirect your anger/disagreement on the topic to:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,16182.0.html

Back
Top Bottom