Teamkilling on NW Official server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to have to report things like this as NapoleonicWars has only been out for a few days. However, I don't think that excuses this kind of behaviour on a public server.

Background:

Firstly, this was on the EU_2 server.

After playing a number of rounds with a couple of friends, I had absolutely no complaints. However, at the start of just another round, a friend and I went artillery, after several minutes a "6e_Art_Captain_Atilla" decided that the cannon we were using was "his cannon". After continuing to use the cannon, since it was infact the cannon we had spawned with, Atilla decided it would be appropriate to team kill/team hurt us repeatedly. Admittedly, he did, once another 6e member had joined, use another cannon which I acknowledge, but this doesn't undo the inappropriate handling of the situation by him earlier. In the following round myself and a pubber were first to a static cannon on a different map and started to man it, along came Atilla and began to use it too, obviously thinking it was "his" again. Rather than teamkill as Atilla deems appropriate for such situations, I simply asked him why he thought it was his when we were the first to use it, I recieved a reply telling me I was a troll and to f**k off. The pubber, obviously annoyed, started to teamkill Atilla and for the temporary absence of Atilla, I prepared and aimed the cannon for my own use. Upon being about to fire, Atilla simply comes and teamkills me, and I'm met with a similar hostile response when I ask what the teamkill was for. All in all, I would have expected better from an officer of the 6e aswel as a long time member of the community who I'm sure is very aware of the rules with regards to teamkilling on public servers and despite the infancy of Napoleonic Wars, I don't think this sort of behaviour is appropriate at all.

Atilla teamkilling myself and a friend after claiming our cannon was "his".
2012-04-22_00001.jpg
After killing a pubber, Atilla teamkilling me just after I had prepared the cannon and was about to fire in his absence.
2012-04-22_00003.jpg

This does not sound like Atilla to me. Someone is either trolling with his nick or using his account.

If you teamkill other people, dont be surprised if you get tked.

What gets me, I see admins warning the same people over and over, but they never seem to kick/ban. So what good are they actually doing on the server? None it seems. :roll:

Well, you lot teamkilled, and infact the whole story behind this was(on the slovenian village)
there were like 5 cannons or so, and attilla just took 1 cannon and you lot said that that was your cannon(there were bloody 5) and he said that your cannon was on the left not where he was.

and the thing is you made the screenshots when he tked you, after you tked them.
good thing.

So if someone TK's you its okay to team-kill them back. So if someone murders someone you know you can go and shoot them and not expect to face the same consequences?

I'm sorry but why am I being told I teamkilled him when I never did? Oh and 5 cannons? You can clearly see there are only two in the screenshot when he teamkilled us.

Yukimura_Sanada said:
Well, you lot teamkilled, and infact the whole story behind this was(on the slovenian village)
there were like 5 cannons or so, and attilla just took 1 cannon and you lot said that that was your cannon(there were bloody 5) and he said that your cannon was on the left not where he was.

and the thing is you made the screenshots when he tked you, after you tked them.
good thing.
bkill91 said:
So if someone TK's you its okay to team-kill them back. So if someone murders someone you know you can go and shoot them and not expect to face the same consequences?

Sorry Yuki but its true, there is evidence against Atilla or "Atilla" no evidence against this man, as well as revenge teamkilling? Come on Yuki you can't seriously be sticking up for him? if my guys do it ... I tell them their in the wrong and will let them take the consequences for it ... shielding someone for doing something wrong, your making yourself look pretty bad dude ... there was no decent reason to tk on that scale and continue doing so. As a admin if Atilla wasn't your guy what would you do? allow them to get away with it?

I was using a rocket and the person beside me asks in teamchat "How do you use the rockets." So, I tell him how to use them and he still couldn't figure it out. So what does he do?

He takes out his sword and swipes at me! Like seriously what the hell? I ended up killing him though because he kept trying to stab me. His name was "Stark", beware of him.

Steveio said:
I was using a rocket and the person beside me asks in teamchat "How do you use the rockets." So, I tell him how to use them and he still couldn't figure it out. So what does he do?

He takes out his sword and swipes at me! Like seriously what the hell? I ended up killing him though because he kept trying to stab me. His name was "Stark", beware of him.

Make your own ban request if you wish, otherwise stay on topic

cenzila said:
Steveio said:

How about no.

It happened on the same server which is why I posted it. If it bothers you that much, my advice to you is ignore the post. Otherwise stop playing mod.

Steveio said:
cenzila said:
Steveio said:

How about no.

It happened on the same server which is why I posted it. If it bothers you that much, my advice to you is ignore the post. Otherwise stop playing mod.

I appologise if i came across as being agressive, all i meant to say is that this topic is about teamkilling to do with attila, until we get a new section for servers and therefore unban/ban requests, for us to recognise your complaint it would be nice of you to make your own posts, that way when we are searching for any problems we will find it easier and can deal with it

Steveio said:
cenzila said:
Steveio said:

How about no.

You made me laugh so much XD

http://troll.me/images/yao-ming/ahahahahah-*****-pelese-thumb.jpg

anyway on topic, ill give prae a shout to have a look at this topic, he will come to a resolution, and yes a team kill is a team kill, if someone does it to you, you should not go back and teamkill them, Admins are here for a reason

I can honestly say that Attila's actions are not without reason. Yes, the amount of teamkilling is unacceptable, but few people fail to realize the severity of the cannon griefing that is occurring on a daily basis. Since the start of this mod, I myself have faced innumerable problems with public players who simply give cannoneers a hard time. Alot of the time it is not on purpose, but the real issue is that while me and my friends can try to ask them to stop and leave us alone, they either fail to understand that fact, or completely ignore it and proceed with their actions. This includes limbering the cannons for absolutely no reason, while it is in use. THis is the biggest issue because most people do not understand that when a placed artillery cannon on a map is limbered and moved, it disappears from the map for the rest of the rounds. The moment that cannon is limbered, it is permanently removed from the map.

These pubbys don't get it. They do not realize that other skilled cannoneers are much more capable and much more experienced in it, and prefer to do whatever they wish with the cannons, whether someone is using it or not. That is not to say that pubbies are not allowed to use it, but I am saying that they do not attempt at any true form of sharing or respect for other cannoneers. I have experiencd many cases in which, while I spawned the cannon myself and I have my own loaders, random players would steal the cannon at the last second in order to fire the cannon I placed and loaded. I have also had a multitude of teamwounding, limbering without any regard for my sake or other cannoneer's sakes, and an unquestionable amount of conflict with individuals who just don't know what they are doing. I can't say that their ignorance is a valid excuse or that it is fine to teamkill or teamwound under these circumstances, but there are points in which talking and trying to make these individuals understand without these methods are improbable.

It is a shame, but with a brand new game, and an increased influx of new players, complete disregard for predetermined rules set up back in MM, a mod that most of these individuals have never heard of nor played, is hard to uphold. Not to mention the different combat system, the TK prone Rocket Artillery, the introduction of explosives and engineering trollmanship, and the overall growth of the community has brought in plenty of TKs. As of the moment, for every 2 - 3 legitimate kills I see, there is at least 1 teamkill in some fashion. New players with no experience may accidently TK during melee, individuals with no experience with cannons may shoot round shot at their own team, inexperienced loaders may load canister shot instead of round shot without an understanding of the appropriate use and time for that type of ammo, causing the cannoneer to TK their allies rather then fire upon the enemy (This has happened to me way too often.), the list goes on and on.

While to community is in this state, we are going to see Teamkilling, teamwounding, conflicts, rule breaking, and plenty of cannon griefing until it finally calms down and the new community realizes the rules that have been set by the admins. Nonetheless, it is not reasonable to TK under any circumstance, and while I have not TKed anyone myself during these moments, it is hard to deal with the level of griefing that is occuring at this moment on the servers.

On the same note I'd like to say, nobody here is entitled to a cannon regardless of how good you are, unless you coordinate an agreement with an arty train. If I bring my friend to the match to arty train specifically for me or anyone does this, then leave the cannon the hell alone unless you are volunteering to reload. If you're jumping into the match solo and thinking you can go arty ranker and just get whatever cannon you want, then don't expect anything different than whats already happening. Besides its a public server. If randos are dropping arty trains or you're competing for placed cannons it should just go to whoever gets there first. I know you are really good munro, but its a public server.

There is a rule that has been in place on official servers for MM long before NW came out; it says that whoever reaches a cannon first owns that cannon for the round. It is a public server, yes. That means that this rule is especially important to follow. If the "owner" of the cannon does not want a loader or train, then the loader/train should respect the "owner's" wishes. Lately, people have not been respecting the wishes of cannoneers on official servers, which is what Munro is getting at. All he is asking is that people respect the rules of the official servers.

We're going to have a formalised set of rules up as soon as possible, meanwhile please try to be respectful of each other and avoid attacking members of the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom