SP Medieval [WB] 1257AD Heart of Europe - Historical mod from 13th Century NEW RELEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread

First version of mercenaries! Actually vanilla system, renamed and reequiped. I make complete new mercenary system on the grounds of local specific units (Tatar Cavalry, Baltic Archers, Croatian Nobles etc.). at knights... In Bohemia in 13th. century was common mercenary knights (with his squires and serfs, fighting as footmans). Noble families use this profesionals into their military campaigns. Maybe I rename this unit into Heavy cavalry, but as I say, mercenary system will be complete reworked!

Raudentius said:
First version of mercenaries! Actually vanilla system, renamed and reequiped. I make complete new mercenary system on the grounds of local specific units (Tatar cavalry, baltic archers etc.). at knights... In Bohemia in 13th. century was common mercenary knights (with his squires and serfs, fighting as footmans).

I don't think you understand the term mercenary. A knight that obey his oath and joins his lord with his squires etc. is not a mercenary.

Raudentius said:
Noble families use this profesionals into their military campaigns. Maybe I rename this unit into Heavy cavalry, but as I say, mercenary system will be complete reworked!

A knight was a noble. Sergeants and mercenaries were proffesional.

Yes, of course... Přemysl Otakar II. use in his battles Mercenary Bavarian Knights fighting for money (mercede condukti). If I understand you (with my terrible english its hard for me, he he) mean the word "Mercenaries" in Mercenary Knight unit. This is no problem Change Mercenary Knights into Knights etc. But, as I say, Mercenary system will be reworked.

Raudentius said:
Yes, of course... Přemysl Otakar II. use in his battles Mercenary Bavarian Knights fighting for money (mercede condukti).

Then you don't have the right definition of knight. A knight and a horseman isn't the same thing.

Yes, I understand you, but I only rename mercenary in our non public beta.... Public release will be much more precise, dont worry. If you wish help, so I be happy.  I´m thinking about 2 ways, how create mercenary system. 1) classical something like native, Light Infantry, Medium Infantry, Spearman, Swordsmen, Light cavalry, Medium Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry..... etc. or 2) specific units in every territory for example Tatar Horseman in Halysia, Croatian Axeman in Hungary, Baltic Warriors etc. So if you have some sugestion, than write it. Thanks!

Raudentius said:
Yes, I understand you, but I only rename mercenary in our non public beta.... Public release will be much more precise, dont worry. If you wish help, so I be happy.  I´m thinking about 2 ways, how create mercenary system. 1) classical something like native, Light Infantry, Medium Infantry, Spearman, Swordsmen, Light cavalry, Medium Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry..... etc. or 2) specific units in every territory for example Tatar Horseman in Halysia, Croatian Axeman in Hungary, Baltic Warriors etc. So if you have some sugestion, than write it. Thanks!
I'd like to see the 2nd version of mercenaries implemented. It would add variety in regions and would make the player travel far lands in order to get specific troops, instead of just going to a tavern in random town.

Yes, this second way is much difficult. Need much more coding (if we not wish recruit Baltic Axeman in Venezia). This decision must make Resurr3ction, he is lead coder. But I think, so in first public beta we use clasical native like system. We have much more important thing to work now (Specialy ton of sceneobjectives).

:wink: hope this helps, 13th century arms & armor

014.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

Yes, tons of new items, every lord have unique equipment, some new troops etc... We must fix one huge sceneobjective bug and after then we plane release first public beta.

It is very positive ,I hope that it will download as soon as possible :smile:
Btw : Lze něják říct jaká frakce bude nejsilnější nebo to bude vyrovnaný ??

Back
Top Bottom