Nations Cup 2011: Question & Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

About forced draws:

There just came the incident where team used forced deaths to force a draw in a match. I'd say it would be best to award the win of the round to the team which has more players alive. This way draws are still possible if both teams have like 2 players left, but they couldn't be forced by almost non-counterable tactics. Of course in this case there would be the problem of the team with more players starting running, but it would still better that way as they would have better chance to win anyway.

Edit: Does teamkills also send the flag time up? If they do then forcing draws is even more troublesome  :???:.

Zoltanus said:
About forced draws:

There just came the incident where team used forced deaths to force a draw in a match. I'd say it would be best to award the win of the round to the team which has more players alive. This way draws are still possible if both teams have like 2 players left, but they couldn't be forced by almost non-counterable tactics. Of course in this case there would be the problem of the team with more players starting running, but it would still better that way as they would have better chance to win anyway.

Edit: Does teamkills also send the flag time up? If they do then forcing draws is even more troublesome  :???:.

We would need very clear and specific rules on this if it were to be implemented though, otherwise it could become very open to drama wether for example people were dying on purpose or trying to sneak around and accidently ran into the entire enemy force (even if it happens 4 times in a row, people could come up with excuses like that and it would be a matter of opinion not fact-finding to prove anyone wrong/right).

Zoltanus said:
About forced draws:

You would need to say at least 3 more players alive, if you were going to do this, because being down 1 player isn't really a garunteed loss. And 2 camping teams where 1 gets a lucky headshot in the beginning and then wins because they ran away the rest of the time doesn't work out too well. Granted, they would have to kill their members to stop the timer, but it still wouldn't be good.

And not sure about the tk's, I'll test it today.

@Zoltanus: No I think that's a really bad idea actually. Way more open to abuse and encouraging of uncompetitive play than the current system. Infact it would change the whole dynamics of the game and that's not an option at all.

Mr.X said:
So, is everyone going to get a 20-0 to make up for a match against the denmark team that dropped?
Yep.

About the flag spawning or not due to teamkills, I can only say that suiciding does not count for the flag not to spawn, I mean; Flag will spawn anyways if someone suicides, not sure about tk though.

Vanvommel said:
About the flag spawning or not due to teamkills, I can only say that suiciding does not count for the flag not to spawn, I mean; Flag will spawn anyways if someone suicides, not sure about tk though.

Suicide meaning switch to spec? Yes. But suiciding meaning charging into the enemy, no.

For Team USA, would is be possible to, instead of necessarily playing on a server in the opponents country, we play on a server in Europe that affords both teams equal pings.

You'll notice in these screenshots (at the bottom of the thread), from our Poland match, that USA averaged 160 on their server while they averaged 120 on ours. Now I'm not blaming the ping, or trying to get a rematch. Poland won 12-8 and it was a good match. No questions there. For future matches however, I was wondering if the admins would agree with this kind of server set up.

mb119.jpg

Should've been 3-2, I missed that screeny. Poland can confirm
mb118.jpg

mb117.jpg

mb116.jpg

Mr.X said:
For Team USA, would is be possible to, instead of necessarily playing on a server in the opponents country, we play on a server in Europe that affords both teams equal pings.

You'll notice in these screenshots (at the bottom of the thread), from our Poland match, that USA averaged 160 on their server while they averaged 120 on ours. Now I'm not blaming the ping, or trying to get a rematch. Poland won 12-8 and it was a good match. No questions there. For future matches however, I was wondering if the admins would agree with this kind of server set up.
*Enters a disgusted Mori

Also, what happens if a team has less wins, but more overall points. Who is higher on the leaderboard?

Mr.X said:
Also, what happens if a team has less wins, but more overall points. Who is higher on the leaderboard?
Leaderboards are based on points. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. There is also Round Difference, which is used to seperate teams who finish with equal points.

As for the server thingy, well I'm always on hand, to speak to on steam, if you have any concerns. I said at the start, it will be decided on a case by case basis and that still stands. For the first few matches, I took a much more hands on approach but you seemed to be doing fine, so I eased off a bit.

I want to make sure every match is as fair and competitive as possible but I've got lots of stuff on at the moment, so don't wait for me to come to you. test the server they give you, ask them to test yours (properly, not just with 1 person) and get a proper idea, well in advance. I'll help out if you need but like I said, you have to come to me.

BlackTide said:
Mr.X said:

*Enters a disgusted Morii

Not disgusted at all! Using neutral servers (for the entire match of course) is what I've advocated for from the start  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom