Fawzia Mod Verifier - info and download link

Users who are viewing this thread

Then it can't find your Warband. Do you have Warband installed?
This registry key needs to have a non-empty value:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband", "Install_Path"

Well I managed to get it to find my Mount&Blade modules, but not Warband. I'm not very good with the registry, what should I do with this?
20uzb04.jpg

Hmmm...  Where did you get your game? Is it an upgraded WB beta?
To hack the registry, create a value named "Install_Path" with data "D:\Mount&Blade Warband".

I have updated 1.113 to one of the beta patches, but Im back on 1.113 now. Anyways, that's worked a charm, thanks a lot :grin:

I'm planning to update this little tool after we release POP 3 in a couple of weeks.
Here's some work in progress - let me know if you can think of other useful checks.

Checking for missing and unused meshes:
FMV6.jpg

Checking for duplicate item IDs, names and meshes:
FMV7.jpg

Can you have a name of actual brf appear together with unused mesh? As well brf for unused textures.

I can do search in OpenBrf for each individual mesh, but that would be timeconsuming

Uploaded version 1.1 - check the updated first post for details.
It adds checking of meshes (incredibly useful) and items.

This is also the last version, since it does all I needed it to do. This little tool helped me a lot during POP3 development - I hope it helps other people too.

Just a clarification:
by "unused texture" you mean that that .dds file is not listed in any BRF file as a texture?
Or also that there's no material which is really used and uses that texture (even if that texture itself is listed somewhere)?

mtarini said:
Just a clarification:
by "unused texture" you mean that that .dds file is not listed in any BRF file as a texture?
Correct.
mtarini said:
Or also that there's no material which is really used and uses that texture (even if that texture itself is listed somewhere)?
No, unused materials are not checked.

I HATE this program!  :grin: lol Just joking. It find 296 errors in my ¨perfect¨ mod.

Realy i love it. It is perfect for finding the errors. Perfect work. Thank you very much.

Sorry for my english, i am from Spain.

Hello,

Can someone please provide me with the Mount & Blade vanilla registry key ?

Mount&Blade Warband -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband
Mount&Blade vanilla -> ??

I have the steam version of the game, and I am trying to get this great looking tool to work with it.

Thank you.

PS : Mandatory registry checks are not a good practice for such modding tools.
Either use an ini file, or ask for user input at launch.
Still, it is just a personal observation, and my gratitude remains.

MadVader said:
Then it can't find your Warband. Do you have Warband installed?
This registry key needs to have a non-empty value:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband", "Install_Path"

The key for the vanilla MB install folder is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade, Default for non-Steam versions, so if you copy your install path there, it will work.
The tool should work for both Steam and non-Steam Warband versions, only the Steam version of vanilla MB is not detected.

That is what I first thought as well :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband]
"Install_Path"="<insert local folder>\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\mountblade warband"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade]
"Install_Path"="<insert local folder>\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\mount and blade"

The M&B Warband key is correctly recognized by your app, the M&B vanilla one for some reason is not : I get an error message.

Thank you for your reply, hopefully we can work something out for us Steam users to use your fine app too.

MadVader said:
The key for the vanilla MB install folder is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade, Default for non-Steam versions, so if you copy your install path there, it will work.
The tool should work for both Steam and non-Steam Warband versions, only the Steam version of vanilla MB is not detected.

FYI, OpenBRF has now builtin module error checking functionality too. Can be handy for those unlucky (like me) who could not make Mod Verifier run on their system

Sorry for bumping the thread, but this tool doesn't work for me anymore. When I try to run it, it says "There are missing files, please contact to the producer" or something like that. There is nothing missing, that's the problem. :grin: Any idea how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom