Questions and discussing.

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to see this in the rules, since we had...an issue on a previous game that caused some frustration.  If its not in the rules, I seriously suggest you put it in, Arch3r.

Orion said:
A new rule has been added regarding forcing draws, it's been there about 2 or 3 days. Why we're always Team 2 is still a mystery to me, though.

Regarding that I don't really think that it is in purpose that way, but the rules should be nevertheless made so that it wouldn't matter so much.

Also from scanning the list I would say that it has been made so that it would be easier to find teams, so they are mainly at the same side which is left or right (team 1 team 2). There are many teams as only team 1 and some teams as only team 2. So you're always team 2  for easy reading.  :razz:

Zoltanus said:
Orion said:
A new rule has been added regarding forcing draws, it's been there about 2 or 3 days. Why we're always Team 2 is still a mystery to me, though.

Regarding that I don't really think that it is in purpose that way, but the rules should be nevertheless made so that it wouldn't matter so much.

Also from scanning the list I would say that it has been made so that it would be easier to find teams, so they are mainly at the same side which is left or right (team 1 team 2). There are many teams as only team 1 and some teams as only team 2. So you're always team 2  for easy reading.  :razz:

I think Orion means that his team being allways team 2 on that list, forces them to only have the option to switch to a server of their choosing on the 2nd map.
Initially (at least against the 2 teams me and my team played against) we were following this "rule". But since I saw you Zoltanus using the coin toss system, we went along with that instead. Which btw, makes more sense - luck of the draw.

On a more suggestive matter... There are many issues, questions and dubious rules outhere and my guess is that our nations cup admin - Arch3r - is already overwhelmed with all this and it's solutions. I suggest some form of committee is set, a small group of people just to see and discuss all the possible exploits to the rules that already exist and to see what could also be added to the NC rules to prevent any other kind of exploit. Referees on every NC match should also be a must.

I know it's sad that some people are already disturbing this event by not implementing "common sense" rules, but this is more then expected. I'd also like to remember that there are about 152 people (at least) involved in this world wide event, and when it comes to believe in common sense from people of this many countries/cultures/traditions... it's just not doable.

I don't want to give the slightest idea that what I'm saying is that Arch3r can't handle this - no - but he is one, only one, and "two heads work better then one".

Since I'm taking part in this event it is of my best interest to see it run smoothly and that me, my team and all others on it are also enjoying the ride and don't bump into any problems except that of the oponent teams wrath on the battlefield. It's such a great game, such great community but if this doesn´t go well, unfortunetly I probably won't be seeing many more of this events in the future.

Fortunetly team Portugal has not yet found any team which had not followed the rules nor had problems of such related to this Nations Cup "bureocracy" and everione displayed fair play and sportmanship on the battlefield. I'd like to keep it like that.

Guz-Lvsitania said:
I think Orion means that his team being allways team 2 on that list, forces them to only have the option to switch to a server of their choosing on the 2nd map.

Yeah I know. I only wanted to show that it isn't rigged on purpose. :razz:

Initially (at least against the 2 teams me and my team played against) we were following this "rule". But since I saw you Zoltanus using the coin toss system, we went along with that instead. Which btw, makes more sense - luck of the draw.

Coin is the way to go  :wink:.

But seriously this cup isn't as much fun that I originally thought it to be. Most of the matches are only played until either of the teams win and the people lose interest to continue. I would understand this if it was a serious pro cup.

Zoltanus said:
But seriously this cup isn't as much fun that I originally thought it to be. Most of the matches are only played until either of the teams win and the people lose interest to continue. I would understand this if it was a serious pro cup.

I think this is because of the timing of this event. It's in the summer wecation, and in the start it was like 6 matches over 2 weeks, now it's 3 weeks though. But with all the things going on, wecation, and also clan stuff, I think people are pretty busy, meaning they don't really have that much time to sacrifice for this. They don't wanna waste time, fighting some last pointless rounds I think. If it was planned so there were 1 match a week, or 1 match every other week, I think it would be more enjoyable.

Guz-Lvsitania said:
Zoltanus said:
Orion said:

On a more suggestive matter... There are many issues, questions and dubious rules outhere and my guess is that our nations cup admin - Arch3r - is already overwhelmed with all this and it's solutions. I suggest some form of committee is set, a small group of people just to see and discuss all the possible exploits to the rules that already exist and to see what could also be added to the NC rules to prevent any other kind of exploit. Referees on every NC match should also be a must.

I know it's sad that some people are already disturbing this event by not implementing "common sense" rules, but this is more then expected. I'd also like to remember that there are about 152 people (at least) involved in this world wide event, and when it comes to believe in common sense from people of this many countries/cultures/traditions... it's just not doable.

I don't want to give the slightest idea that what I'm saying is that Arch3r can't handle this - no - but he is one, only one, and "two heads work better then one".

Since I'm taking part in this event it is of my best interest to see it run smoothly and that me, my team and all others on it are also enjoying the ride and don't bump into any problems except that of the oponent teams wrath on the battlefield. It's such a great game, such great community but if this doesn´t go well, unfortunetly I probably won't be seeing many more of this events in the future.

Fortunetly team Portugal has not yet found any team which had not followed the rules nor had problems of such related to this Nations Cup "bureocracy" and everione displayed fair play and sportmanship on the battlefield. I'd like to keep it like that.

I agree in every point.

Guz-Lvsitania said:

Agreed! Also, I think this cup is turning out to be a joke.
I joined this competition expecting something a little more professional. "Wow! Nations Cup!" ... And yet there are some teams using people not only from another country but from another team in the same competition.

The only reason I keep playing is because I love this game, enjoy the company of my teammates and haven't had any trouble on the matches we did so far.

I still think that would be better to do it with groups from the beginning, like other sports competitions (lets say the Football/Basketball World Cups...), rather than the actual system (it's just a league), because this way is going to take months to finish this Cup. Also, the teams that lose more than 5 or 6 matches would take their next matches in a different way, playing in a not so competitive way than before or even retiring from the competition because of the lack of interest...

And take more time to write down the rules before the Cup starts, not during the competition.

Just an opinion for the next NC...

Lope de Rojas said:
I still think that would be better to do it with groups from the beginning, like other sports competitions (lets say the Football/Basketball World Cups...), rather than the actual system (it's just a league), because this way is going to take months to finish this Cup. Also, the teams that lose more than 5 or 6 matches would take their next matches in a different way, playing in a not so competitive way than before or even retiring from the competition because of the lack of interest...

And take more time to write down the rules before the Cup starts, not during the competition.

Just an opinion for the next NC...
absolutely agree.

but ofc, its our suggestion for  next tourney, not complaining.

So now we're allowed to use any player from the nations our team represents? For DNI, we can use players that are from Denmark, Norway or Iceland or what? Will we get punished or flamed for using substitudes no yet registered on our roster?

We have some players who signed up, but who are not active at all. And now we got some new players we can recruit.

Mathias and Backslash from IG, and treode, for example. These are from norway and denmark, and if we need extra players, I intend to use these if it's okay.

Well, when we (NA) played the Czech Republic the other day, we were down a man on the first map/server since one of our people was called in to work for an emergency and we didn't have a pre-approved replacement.  Luckily we caught Archer between the two maps and got an approval to have an (American!) replacement who was waiting.

Despite the bad situation we sucked it up and did not flex on the rules, and went on to have a good clean match with the Czechs.

Sarosu said:
So now we're allowed to use any player from the nations our team represents? For DNI, we can use players that are from Denmark, Norway or Iceland or what? Will we get punished or flamed for using substitudes no yet registered on our roster?

We have some players who signed up, but who are not active at all. And now we got some new players we can recruit.

Mathias and Backslash from IG, and treode, for example. These are from norway and denmark, and if we need extra players, I intend to use these if it's okay.

There were some teams I think that didn't make it because they didn't manage to form a team in time, and archer's deadline for the national teams was more than enough. it's not fair for that people or any of us that worked hard to form a team before the dealine, if now someone could recruit new players and such. Wait for the next competition, and like Skot said, suck it up like the rest of us (and by God stick to national players).

well, some people might disappear. When the cup first started, I don't think the captains knew all the players they recruited. So what if 1 bails? Shouldn't we be allowed to replace that player? what if 1 have an ermergency or something.

I can't see why we shouldn't be allowed to change the roster. Just because your own team does not feel the need to it, try to be a bit empathetic. I can't imagine it's fun for any of the teams to fight a 8vs6 or get a default win.

I think we should allow anyone from the represented nations to fight. I don't see why there's a limit to the number of players anyways really. It seems kinda pointless to deny someone to play. The rules should let the leaders of the teams decide who from the nations get to play. no?

Sarosu said:
well, some people might disappear. When the cup first started, I don't think the captains knew all the players they recruited. So what if 1 bails? Shouldn't we be allowed to replace that player? what if 1 have an ermergency or something.

I can't see why we shouldn't be allowed to change the roster. Just because your own team does not feel the need to it, try to be a bit empathetic. I can't imagine it's fun for any of the teams to fight a 8vs6 or get a default win.

I think we should allow anyone from the represented nations to fight. I don't see why there's a limit to the number of players anyways really. It seems kinda pointless to deny someone to play. The rules should let the leaders of the teams decide who from the nations get to play. no?

The team size limit isn't really arbitrary, because there's an award involved for the winning team and it comes in limited quantities. I can see why the team size isn't "as many as you can get," because the American team could probably dwarf most of the others and that's asking for a whole lot of shirts from TaleWorlds.

For your other points, though, I do agree, and Arch3r has allowed 2 more reserve players to be added to your team's roster since the beginning of the cup. Those two extra players will definitely come in handy.

But can't we be allowed to replace some of the players? We have some players who told me they don't wanna play for the team anymore, and they take up a slot. This makes it even harder to field those 8 players. So can we edit the roster? It's fair that people leave the cup I think, I don't think anyone expected it to be this hectic, with 2-3 matches a week or something, in summer where alot of people goes to wecation.

Back
Top Bottom