Questions and discussing.

Users who are viewing this thread

The admin pass of the server of team A should be available to Team B's captain and the server settings should be the Nations Cup ones, than it is allowed.

Archer could you please clarify the situation with non registered players participating in matches once and for all.

Also as suggestion (for next tournament?) to registered player list. There should be information about player ID which is unique for each CD-Key as far as I know.

If your team hasn't added the 2 reserves yet and you are about to play a match and you see you're one guy short, but you know someone, not in the team and from the same nations/country as your team, that can play, than you can let him play and add him to the player list later on. Substitutes not from the right country are NOT allowed. Other substitutes (not able to join the team because it's full) can join if the enemy team agrees.

Zheka said:
Also as suggestion (for next tournament?) to registered player list. There should be information about player ID which is unique for each CD-Key as far as I know.
True that. This is just the first Nations cup and surely has some flaws, I hope it goes better next time with more supervisors.

I would suggest that Continent between matches would be played in a form of 5,5,5,5 not 10,10 rounds on both matches. For example 1st 5 rounds on X server, 2nd 5 rounds on Y server, 3rd 5 rounds on Y server and 4th 5 rounds on X server. This would give the most fair way of playing the matches even though it requires more server swapping.

Also regarding who plays what faction should be stated clearly. Some people claim that they are already predecided, but I haven't seen anything like this in rules and nobody has pointed me where this is stated when I have asked. For now I have used coin tossing.

Kittenhuffer said:
I thought switching sides included switching factions?

Yes, but there may be at least in some setups that the other faction can have a advantage and other advantages from playing a certain faction first.

Zoltanus said:
I would suggest that Continent between matches would be played in a form of 5,5,5,5 not 10,10 rounds on both matches. For example 1st 5 rounds on X server, 2nd 5 rounds on Y server, 3rd 5 rounds on Y server and 4th 5 rounds on X server. This would give the most fair way of playing the matches even though it requires more server swapping.

This is a good idea.  Definitely gets my support.

Yeah. There are some really ridiculous claims and an inability to see how mirrored matches (switching servers, and thus no advantage for either side) are fair, and have no logical fallacies. Of course that utter bollocks, but yeah, if it will shut up the people that claim it's "rigged" then maybe switch around a few.

If you can't see the inherent problem with this:

Orion said:
MaHuD said:
A world cup doesnt suggest EU servers....

Arch3r's rule post]Map 1 is played on a server near Team 1s country/on Team 1s continent and [b]Map 2 on a server near Team 2s country/on team 2s continent[/b].[/quote] [quote author=Arch3r said:
Schedule:
Round Game Team 1   Team 2    Score
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field by the River Sw v Va + Snowy Village Va v No
1 8 Team CZ Team NA

Ruins Rh v Sw + Village Sa v Rh
2 7 Team DNI  Team NA        10-9

Random Plains (medium) Sw v Sa + Nord Town No v Rh
3 6 Team UK Team NA

Random Steppe (medium) Va v Sa + Ruined Fort No v Sw
4 5 Team NZ Team NA

Port Assault No v Sa Village Va + Sw
5 4 Team AUS Team NA

Ruined Fort Kh v Sa + Ruins Rh v Va
6 3 Team SR Team NA

Yes, you would think, MaHuD.

It's a damn good thing you aren't a referee. Have you ever played with a ping higher than 100?

Have you ever tried playing a match where you're already 10 rounds behind and can't afford to even draw once?

Or do you just want it to stay the same so you can win against the NA team too?

Ugh still? For other people reading, we just had like an hour long discussion on irc where I tried to explain the nations cup isn't rigged.

Have you ever tried playing a match where you're already 10 rounds behind and can't afford to even draw once?

What is stopping you from winning the last 10 rounds. Remember, you have the same advantage over them now, that they had over you (because you switched to your home server)

If they win all 10 rounds, and you don't (having the same advantage they had) - that means your skill as a team was less and thus you rightfully lose.

Before you pull out the "they can run and force a draw" argument you did several times in irc, so can you in the first rounds.
Or maybe you're going to, as in irc, state that random MoF spawns are unfair (and thus that random chance is unfair) even though you have just as much chance of it spawning several times on you in the first 10 rounds.
edit: and if you're going to use calodine's statement of how pings are a bit different on different maps making archer classes a tiny bit more difficult, then by that logic we might as well just shutdown the football WC because a bit of the grass might be more slippery on one goalkeepers side.

Thats my final thing say on the matter, I've lost loads of time trying to explain you this, and no, I don't feel like reading and responding the wall of text/insults you will undoubtedly reply. As I've said before, the only thing I agree with you on is that it might be a hit in your morale playing at a disadvantage first - which is why I agree with calodine to switch teams around a bit. Then again your claim originally was that the nations cup is rigged against you, even though the rules are rules and don't really think about the players psyche.

Let's just put it this way, after putting up with your mockery for an hour I decided to ask Archonsod's opinion on the matter.

He saw what was wrong with it in all of 5 seconds.

So did Zoltanus when I originally posted it.

My whole team as well, though I would understand if you said they were biased (though in this case they aren't).

... Should I find more? Besides, I thought you said you were done. What with defending logic and all that being tiresome.

Orion said:
Let's just put it this way, after putting up with your mockery for an hour I decided to ask Archonsod's opinion on the matter.

My whole team as well, though I would understand if you said they were biased (though in this case they aren't).

... Should I find more? Besides, I thought you said you were done. What with defending logic and all that being tiresome.

Seriously, if Archonsod of all people can see there's something wrong, it must be blatantly horrible.

And, on a more serious note, please for the love of God and your fellow man, stop giving Orion reasons to believe that the people of Europe are conspiring to ruin him

Reilnur said:
Orion said:

Seriously, if Archonsod of all people can see there's something wrong, it must be blatantly horrible.

And, on a more serious note, please for the love of God and your fellow man, stop giving Orion reasons to believe that the people of Europe are conspiring to ruin him
QFT, He is already paranoid. Stop proving his point  :lol:. Joking aside though, In all honesty it isn't the biggest problem. However when you loose X amount of rounds on the Euro server because of ping, once you hop over to the American server the enemy team knows how many draws they need to force. Not all draws are made by running to the edge of the map, though it has happened before. Just knowing you have to keep your shield up for another X amount of seconds can cause a match if you already know in advance it will create a victory. As I said, not a huge deal but it is definitely a slight advantage, and a "World Cup" should try to remain fair even over the slightest things.

You also have to factor in player morale and tiredness.  If you go a long time loosing, people might drop, get tried, or stop playing well.  For 6 matches, 3 should start on a Euro server and 3 should start on a US.  That is the most fair thing.

I also have an unrelated question: is it illegal to run away, forcing a draw when you are the last player?  I mean intentionally try to just survive so that the enemy team doesn't get the win.  IMO this is a low-down and dirty tactic.  During on of our matches, it came down to me being that last person alive as cav, they were all infantry, and I was waiting for MOTF to spawn, but they thought I was doing what I just described.  They said that was against the rules (which I think is a good idea), but I would like confirmation on this.  And if its not a rule, I suggest you make it one. :smile:  I'd rather this tournament be based on skill, not "oh let's see how many draws we can force."

If draws didn't count towards the total round count, who plays where first wouldn't be so much of an issue and forcing draws could only be used to prolong the inevitable.

To be honest; it would be easier if we kept the Americans and everyone else with a **** ping out of it.  :lol:

It's nice to see how friendly can people be discussing from this topic. At least the match topic isn't spammed anymore.  :roll:

Highelf said:
What is stopping you from winning the last 10 rounds. Remember, you have the same advantage over them now, that they had over you (because you switched to your home server)

This is not true as the first team which won the 10 first rounds don't have anything to lose and the 2nd team can only lose or manage to make a draw. This is a clear advantage for the first team. Also morale is a real thing in these matches as they mean something. Even winning the first 5 rounds can give you a big momentum of winning all the coming rounds too.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
I also have an unrelated question: is it illegal to run away, forcing a draw when you are the last player?  I mean intentionally try to just survive so that the enemy team doesn't get the win.  IMO this is a low-down and dirty tactic.  During on of our matches, it came down to me being that last person alive as cav, they were all infantry, and I was waiting for MOTF to spawn, but they thought I was doing what I just described.  They said that was against the rules (which I think is a good idea), but I would like confirmation on this.  And if its not a rule, I suggest you make it one. :smile:  I'd rather this tournament be based on skill, not "oh let's see how many draws we can force."

Well if you are the last horseman and did fight and all there shouldn't be any problem running away. I don't see any point charging the enemy as the last horseman. If the whole team went horses though then it is a issue. The best thing for these would be to get referee for every match who could see was it fair or not.

In our match against NA, their captain was asked before the match start, whether we should play 5-5-5-5 or 10-10, and where they wanted to start. The reply was 10 on each server and European. I know the rules, but it's really unfair for NA if they don't get a choice.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
You also have to factor in player morale and tiredness.  If you go a long time loosing, people might drop, get tried, or stop playing well.  For 6 matches, 3 should start on a Euro server and 3 should start on a US.  That is the most fair thing.

Yeah, it was me who said it, because I think I read something like this in the rules. I'm glad you're a man of honor and didn't run away :smile: You could even ask for duels - though you would probably have a quick end because of the stupid ping issue.

Back
Top Bottom