Suggestions thread (please don't ask questions here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

As for the buildings again: economical are no problem, any hunting/fishing/farming/cattle breeding upgrade will do.
(And why in native we cannot have any influence on cattle, sheep, pig breeding?)

But is there any possibility to implement changes of catle defense?
Moat or ditch (if possible), or at least hoarding would be great improvement.
Also in the villiage, as I mentioned before, small palisade would be cool.
And militia post for the villiage. Instead of spawn bunch of peasants we could defend ou villiage with at least little better militia men.

I agree with the above posts on fief improvements. Improved income and the ability to upgrade village defences/defenders would be great.

Now a big suggestion here, which I guess may have been made and you'd be unlikely to do just from my comment, but I would love to see Hungary in the mod. No real further comment that that, it would just be awesome to play as Hungary.  :grin: You've got the space down there, fill it with some good ol' Magyars! Okay, I can dream... :mrgreen:

Andalus said:
Now a big suggestion here, which I guess may have been made and you'd be unlikely to do just from my comment, but I would love to see Hungary in the mod. No real further comment that that, it would just be awesome to play as Hungary.  :grin: You've got the space down there, fill it with some good ol' Magyars! Okay, I can dream... :mrgreen:

True, XII century Hungary fiots there just right :wink:
On the other hand, as I tend to play as polish noble I feel lack of both Hungary and Reich , but developers focus on their point of view - XIII century Rus.
Still I hope that some day... for now on I just hope they'll finally finnish warband version. Cant wait for multiplayer (but rus warriors will kick ass. And mongolians to)

By the way: which term is proper to describe people from XIII century Rus? Ruthenians or rusyns? We are talking here about Novgorod Republic right?

daVolterra said:
I guess in auto-combat terrain type doesnt matter?
Actually, it does. Here are the troop-type bonuses for auto-combat on different terrain:

Plain and Steppe:
Cavalry +20%

Snow plain:
Cavalry -10%
Archers and Crossbowmen +20%

Mountains:
Cavalry -50%
Infantry +20%

Water or River:
Cavalry and Infantry -60%

Desert (Sand):
Cavalry -10%
Infantry -20%
Archers and Crossbowmen -10%

Forest:
Cavalry -30%
Infantry +20%
Archers and Crossbowmen -20%

Snow forest:
Cavalry -40%
Infantry +10%

Steppe forest:
Cavalry -10%

Mountain forest:
Cavalry -60%
Infantry +20%

Desert forest:
Cavalry -20%
Infantry -10%

ok first things first . . . i havnt played the mod . . . im waiting for the warband version . . . too stuck up to lower myself to playing a m&B orignal mod(even one that looks as femalely luscious as this one :grin:)

now there are a few features that i have (through my vast experience of downloading,installing and playing bout 7-9 mods on warband(not counting just M&B) gathered . . these features are, according to me, a must have for any good mod (these are 4 when u port to warband . . i cant care less what happens to the original one):-

1.) Horses that k.o enemies - even high-level one's when riding over them at gr8 speed(horse charge damage shud depend upon its armor and charge values

2.) Spears should be sped up by 25% as has been done in the 1257 ad mod and their damage shud be racked up . . . else spears in the game are utterly unrealistic and basically suck

3.) fiefs should pay at least double(or, more realistically triple) the amount of income so that you can support an army . . . fief holder's during the age were wealthy men and made an income far greater than that needed to sustain their army and make ends meet

4.) high-paying tournies need to be removed . . . thats just an unrealstic way of making a lot of money whereas land shud be the primary and greatest source of revenue

5.) starting background stories shud be really good and should have heavy influence on the game (so for e. if im starting off as a layman with the christian nations ill have negative relations with most lords and have less recruits join me when my renown rating is low etc etc. , the mongols on the other hand who were a self-proclaimed meritocracy shudnt care less how low-born i was as long as i fought well)

6.) when u capture a castle, a great part of the owners treasury should fall into your hands (plus the option of returning (politely) captured ladies or ransoming them(or preferably enslaving them :grin: wow!)

7.) a whole lot of domestic and diplomatic options when u set up your own kingdom and compulsary deposit of a decent amount of money into the treasury for day-2-day affairs

8.) armour should be highly protective at higher levels instead of just looking shiny, cool and dangerous and similarly weapons shud have diffrent effect on diff armour and both should be priced higher in order to be inaccessible to the layman

9.) im told that if u remoe the 'shield' ability form the game or set it to a default of zero, the force field effect gets removed thus making archers capable of aiming for the legs of soldiers carrying shields . . . necessary in order to give the bow & arrow its just due

10.) cant recall EVERYTHING . . .  iv got other things on my primate mind too ya knw . . .

by the way ur mod sounds awesome . . . not to mention utterly luscious to a compulsive male nympho like me

i decided to humbly submit some suggestions i think will add to the appeal :-

1.) renown, honour and if possible the total amount of value ur equipment adds up to should have an increased(if possible great) influence on the amount and if possible type of troops u can recruit

2.) fatigue and compulsory camping for both player and A.I armies - troops may fall down 'wounded' if not given rest on a long march especially after fighting . . . camping should be done especially at night by the A.I and camp-defending battles where if ur taken by suprise , fewer of ur troops will be available for battle etc. and if ur camp's overrun, u loose money and inv. items
this was half-implemented in the BRYTENWALDA mod

3.) harems that boost ur renown ratings (anyone?!?!?!)

fidelspikes said:
ok first things first . . . i havnt played the mod . . . im waiting for the warband version . . . too stuck up to lower myself to playing a m&B orignal mod(even one that looks as femalely luscious as this one :grin:)

now there are a few features that i have (through my vast experience of downloading,installing and playing bout 7-9 mods on warband(not counting just M&B) gathered . . these features are, according to me, a must have for any good mod (these are 4 when u port to warband . . i cant care less what happens to the original one):-

1.) Horses that k.o enemies - even high-level one's when riding over them at gr8 speed(horse charge damage shud depend upon its armor and charge values

2.) Spears should be sped up by 25% as has been done in the 1257 ad mod and their damage shud be racked up . . . else spears in the game are utterly unrealistic and basically suck

3.) fiefs should pay at least double(or, more realistically triple) the amount of income so that you can support an army . . . fief holder's during the age were wealthy men and made an income far greater than that needed to sustain their army and make ends meet

4.) high-paying tournies need to be removed . . . thats just an unrealstic way of making a lot of money whereas land shud be the primary and greatest source of revenue

5.) starting background stories shud be really good and should have heavy influence on the game (so for e. if im starting off as a layman with the christian nations ill have negative relations with most lords and have less recruits join me when my renown rating is low etc etc. , the mongols on the other hand who were a self-proclaimed meritocracy shudnt care less how low-born i was as long as i fought well)

6.) when u capture a castle, a great part of the owners treasury should fall into your hands (plus the option of returning (politely) captured ladies or ransoming them(or preferably enslaving them :grin: wow!)

7.) a whole lot of domestic and diplomatic options when u set up your own kingdom and compulsary deposit of a decent amount of money into the treasury for day-2-day affairs

8.) armour should be highly protective at higher levels instead of just looking shiny, cool and dangerous and similarly weapons shud have diffrent effect on diff armour and both should be priced higher in order to be inaccessible to the layman

9.) im told that if u remoe the 'shield' ability form the game or set it to a default of zero, the force field effect gets removed thus making archers capable of aiming for the legs of soldiers carrying shields . . . necessary in order to give the bow & arrow its just due

10.) cant recall EVERYTHING . . .  iv got other things on my primate mind too ya knw . . .

by the way ur mod sounds awesome . . . not to mention utterly luscious to a compulsive male nympho like me

i decided to humbly submit some suggestions i think will add to the appeal :-

1.) renown, honour and if possible the total amount of value ur equipment adds up to should have an increased(if possible great) influence on the amount and if possible type of troops u can recruit

2.) fatigue and compulsory camping for both player and A.I armies - troops may fall down 'wounded' if not given rest on a long march especially after fighting . . . camping should be done especially at night by the A.I and camp-defending battles where if ur taken by suprise , fewer of ur troops will be available for battle etc. and if ur camp's overrun, u loose money and inv. items
this was half-implemented in the BRYTENWALDA mod

3.) harems that boost ur renown ratings (anyone?!?!?!)

you're kinda dumb, right?

Anyways, my own suggestion (after actually playing the mod):

The Russian cities are nice, but SOOO huge. I have difficulty to find anything - the merchant and tavern, so I can go there via menu. A sensible thing would be to put them near the main gate so you run into them immediately. Who wants to explore will explore and people won't be annoyed by riding for 10 minutes and getting lost.

Merlkir said:
There are maps of the towns?
Press "backspace" to get a minimap in the upper right corner. All the important locations of the town (like tavern, castle, armorer, horse merchant, shop blah-blah-blah) are shown there.

I thought of a cool feature (let me know If I'm light years ahead) is if your a Nomad have the ability to make a settlement. I thought of this and I have no modding experience so to me I'm unsure if it can or cannot be done.

Way I had in mind was make more neutral settlements like you have the "ravine" and "mines" but change them to 'pastureland' or 'clearing' where you can make a fief and it produces what a Nomadic family/clan would make: felt, goat/horse/sheep meat, cheese, wool, sheeps milk, koumis and what not.

That way you can station troops on your settlement, pull resources. As a bonus model a yurt (inside and out) when you walk around the settlement. The bonus would be able to move your sole fief to these 'clearings' or 'pasturelands' to continue razing the livestock. Maybe I'm being picky but change the farmers that will go from your fief to HQ's to 'Kinsman' because it enforces the idea that it's your Nomadic clan.

I've been looking for a troop tree so I could do some editing of the Polish forces spawn -- consistently running into nobles who have nothing but heavy cavalry is getting to be a bit much, and it sort of ruins the flavour of the game.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a troop tree around, and the names of the troops make no sense at all to me, as I don't speak Polish.

Is there a troop tree around that I'm missing? Or has somebody else monkeyed with the way that Polish lords spawn troops?

@Northcott:
Here you can find troop tress for all factions : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100749.msg2561334.html#msg2561334

Quick translation of polish troop names:

Village:
Chlop - peasant/serf
Chlopski piechur - peasant infantryman
Mysliwy - hunter
Doswiadczony chlopski piechur - trained (experienced) peasant infantryman

Town:
Tarczownik - shield bearer, ("tarcza" is shield in polish)
Piechur - infantryman/footman
Piechur ciezkozbrojny - heavy (armoured) infantryman/footman
Lekki jezdziec - light cavalryman
Ciezki jezdziec - heavy cavalryman
Piechur strzelczy - shooter
Piechur strzelczy ciezkozbrojny - armoured shooter
Kusznik - crossbowman
Konny Kusznik - mounted crossbowman (btw. there is a bug here because these troops have no horses assigned so they will always appear on the battlefield as infantry... you may need to change it in TroopEditor).

Castle:
Szlachta - nobleman (okoliczna, czastkowa, zagrodowa - these are terms describing owned estates, unfortunately I can't give you correct translations...)

Castle elite:
Wlodarz - steward (appointed by feudal lord to govern parts of his territory).
Pan - I think it should be named Rycerz (Knight) instead... Pan was also polish title for nobility.
Moznowladca - they were polish knights/noblemen with great influence, given highest prerogatives from the king.

Thanks!  You're a life-saver, Mannerheim. 

I realized after I posted that I could just open the troops doc and go through, examining them by level and writing down the names so that I could then edit the spawning properly, but that would've increased the time required by quite a bit. This makes things much easier.

I'm also tweaking a couple of the PCs: Lezalit and -- damn, I'm blanking on his name right now. The guy who's supposed to have murdered his own brother. Both are described as being capable warriors, both have military backgrounds, neither starts with either decent equipment, nor even the skills required to use equipment that should be basic for their professions.  Riding skills aren't high enough to use a decent warhorse, and shield skills aren't high enough to use the mod's tweaked shield rules.

Because I'm given to obsessing over detail, I'm also thinking of going into the dialogues and editing them so that the mentions of Calradia are changed to someting more appropriate.

Mannerheim said:
Konny Kusznik - mounted crossbowman (btw. there is a bug here because these troops have no horses assigned so they will always appear on the battlefield as infantry... you may need to change it in TroopEditor).
Mounted crossbowmen used horses for travelling, yet they dismounted for the battle. That's why such troops travel with the speed of mounted troops on the global map, but fight on foot in the battles.

So i have a suggestion:

If U have Killed a enemy party and u will loot the dead bodies u can choose:

1.) Fast Looting. " We dont have much time manners! Only take what u need! " = U get the normal armory like in Nativ - Doesnt cost much time.
2.) Long and Slow Looting. " Take much as u can wear!! " = U get more armoury and ressource (food, wheat, tools, etc. what troops are carry on with, cause enemies cant live without food too!) - Cost round about a hole day

Fast looting is very expected at the beginning. I killed a bandit group very hard and must wait a long time. In this time another group attacked me and inprisoned my self.

(sry for bad english :grin:)

Will there be any new factions in the future, like a finnish one  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom