You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarl Erik the Red said:
samoht said:
screw it.  a couple weeks back i had a dream that i was standing in the middle of an arena (and I could see myself in third person) completely surrounded by a ring of guys wearing the "strange armor" set and all wielding the huge two handed strange swords and they all screamed and charged at me at the same time.

I realized I had better do something other than play WB right before I went to bed.

The setting was the second scene of "Inception" (where the cars are exploding and they dump the guy in the bath tub).  The cast was me, some of my low tier troops... and 2000 Rhodoks marching inexorably towards us (no exploding cars though)

Scenes:

They tried, I ordered them to hold the street, but our numbers were few, and our enemies too well trained. Eventually my Nord bretheren crumbled and fell, at first one at a time, but soon enough our ranks became shallow, and those southern rejects flanked us! I retreated to the house with Borcha just as my force was swallowed by the Rhodok monster.

Borcha braced the door.  A thundering thud shook the entire side of the house.  The door exploded inwards, killing Borcha outright (yeah Rhodoks don't have explosives, but this is MY dream).  I positioned myself against the wall with my sword pointed towards the door, ready to puncture the face of the first ugly Rhodok scum that came in.  I did just that, but as soon as he fell forward, two more nasty bastards took his place.

I screamed "I surrender, let me retreat!"

In a gruff voice came the reply: "Too late, you're not far enough away to hit TAB!"

THEN I WOKE UP

That is pretty epic, my friend.  I hope you quickly booted up the game and ravaged some Rhodok lords soon after that.

sir Gulos said:
When a guy annoys you and you wanna slash him with a 2h axe:grin:
Pshaw I do that anyway.
When you start looking for the mug hanging from a pole to indicate a bar. I passed by the real thing 3 times before I realized. I'm stooopid lol

When you wife can recognize the game you are playing by the timing on your click-click-clicking your mouse as you hack your way through a siege.

Indra said:

When you wife can recognize the gam you are playing by the timing on your click-click-clicking your mouse as you hack your way through a siege.

That is not bad compared to my brother. Every time i say "Yes, i captured sargoth!" My brother says "Your game is stupid Pokemon is better"

After long session of Warband, I saw some medieval battle inscenization on TV some time ago, and my first thought was: where the hell are circle-banners over their heads?

:grin:

you know you played too much warband...

when, despite promising yourself, girlfriend, family and pretty much everyone there is to stop playing games, you almost get pulled back into it

(thumbs up for gaming free months  :grin: :shock:)

Red Angel said:

when, despite promising yourself, girlfriend, family and pretty much everyone there is to stop playing games, you almost get pulled back into it

A significant other should play games with you, not try to stop you.
Even if she plays a different game (mine is playing eq2 right now) she needs to play with you.

A bunch of lackluster buffons come up to you and some of your friends and start hurling insults at you (nearly wrote ye their although that is the correct form). In a fraction of a second I knew exactly where I should posistion my "men" and had started drawing a sword

When instinctively you place your fingers on the WASD keys when starting a game, even if you don't need to (For exemple when you switch from warband to age of empires)

Indra said:
Red Angel said:

Even if she plays a different game (mine is playing eq2 right now) she needs to play with you.

i dont think 100+ hours in two weeks is considered "okay", right?  :roll:

I've barely clocked 200 hours in 5 weeks so that is probably just a little extreme.

But I've had some similar things to the OP. Situations where you try to do something from a game and realise that it doesn't work. I remember getting drunk one time, going into a youth group with my mates and then later desperately wondering how to reload :razz:  That was probably when I realised I'd had WAYYYY too much leisure time.

Red Angel said:
Indra said:
Red Angel said:

i dont think 100+ hours in two weeks is considered "okay", right?  :roll:

If she does not play games, you just wasted 100 hours.
If she plays games, and you were playing with her, then you just spent ONE HUNDRED HOURS dedicated time with your partner, making your relationship better, having fun, building the memories that will warm you for years later and you are the BEST HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND/WHATEVER IN HISTORY.

That's why your partner has to play games.

You know when you've been playing too much MB....
When you waste your time and effort going into museums looking for Medieval Armor when you should be enjoying your vacation by going to the beach.

Indra, you dont get my point, and i think nobody really does.

i managed to keep a playtime of about 50 hours PER WEEK, or MORE, for a DECADE.

imagine that. my girlfriend made me break a habit i have been fighting to break for years, but i simply could not stop playing. it was not 100 wasted hours, Indra. it was 10 years for not much gain.

When I realized I have nothing left. My addiction is just too much. My house is taken by the bank. My boss fired me. My family has abandoned me after numerous desperate attempts to bring me back to normal. I'm now a beggar, living on alms and the charity of the church. Still, I play M&B in public libraries whenever I'm not hungry. It's the only place where I can get free electricity for my laptop, the only thing of worth I still cling onto.

Back
Top Bottom