You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dayve

Regular
Alright, something just happened to me that made me think of starting this thread. Bear with the story, it IS about M&B. My dog was rummaging through the garbage, frantically, the way she does only when someone threw something good in there. So, I helped her look through it, and we found a perfectly good chunk of corned beef that someone threw away. After getting over the disgust of someone in my house throwing away half a can of perfectly fine and dandy corned beef, I decided it'd be better to let the dog have it than go in the bin, and besides, I'd got her all excited helping her look for whatever it was now anyway. So, I handed it to her, and she grabbed it out of my hand and ran into the other room.

I realized it was probably too big for her to eat, as she has choked on food before if we don't chop it up for her, so I walked to the door, and tried to see if she was struggling to eat it from the other side of the room. It was at this point that, rather than walk closer to her so I could see, that I actually tried to zoom in, like one does when pressing the shift key in battle, for a closer look. I then had an amazing feeling of reality hitting me in the face, as I realized that for the merest second, my brain, having had to take in so much Warband over the last week, failed to establish that we weren't actually playing at that moment, and tried to zoom in... on the dog... from the other side of the room.

Now, you all know how these threads work. You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

when you start calling your best friend Borcha and your girlfriend Yrima. :grin:

when you start saying medieval stuff like thou and fortnight

when you see a man running towards you and you swing your arms like you are holding a sword

when you start to expect a menu as you approach a town or building

when you run into doors when you can't click F.

hope you enjoyed these!

lancecor said:
when you start calling your best friend Borcha and your girlfriend Yrima. :grin:

when you start saying medieval stuff like thou and fortnight

when you see a man running towards you and you swing your arms like you are holding a sword

when you start to expect a menu as you approach a town or building

when you run into doors when you can't click F.

hope you enjoyed these!

Fortnight isn't medieval. We English say it all the time. Why I said it twice today.

When you try to compliment somebody on their looks and you say in a gruff, sea raidery voice "that's a nice head you have  on your shoulders"

Trying to find the Town Elder in a city such as NYC to open up some land for your business.

Applying the quest "Kill the Poxy Merchant" to real life.

When you make yet another thread like this....

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117474.msg2833034.html#msg2833034

And some others by Rebelknight....

When you try to Ctl Shift while walking to the real life corner store.

This happened to me today as I was getting some milk, I have also done it to try to speed up a shower I was taking last week. Like the OP, it is a shock when you realize you are in reality.

When you start making quotes like this,

Feragorn said:
When you make yet another thread like this....

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117474.msg2833034.html#msg2833034

And some others by Rebelknight....

Back
Top Bottom