You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

Users who are viewing this thread

When you start calling your teachers in school like this

Yes My lord!
Yes my King
Yes my Lady

when someone wants you to give a message to somebody you will say

Im not a courier please hire someone else for your trivialities

When you see a muslim and call him a sarannid

... when you tell your friend "Hold this position!" while looking for any vehicles coming towards the pedestrian crossing...  :wink:

Red Angel said:
... when you tell your friend "Hold this position!" while looking for any vehicles coming towards the pedestrian crossing...  :wink:

Or when you tell them to "CHARGE!" over the same crossing because none of the cars seem to stop willingly and you really want to get across.

tyrannicide said:
Red Angel said:

Or when you tell them to "CHARGE!" over the same crossing because none of the cars seem to stop willingly and you really want to get across.

well, we did charge the buss we were about to miss...  :grin: HOLD, YE MIGHTY BEAST OF STEEL!!

joshtong1234 said:
when someone wants you to give a message to somebody you will say

Im not a courier please hire someone else for your trivialities

I did this during class once.....He didn't get it. Stupid non believer.
joshtong1234 said:

Ever since I started playing, I called my muslim friends Sarranids. They still don't get it.

... try to shoot 45 arrows per minute with your longbow.
(my archery trainer was amazed by the sudden change in my shooting speed and accuracy)  :lol:

screw it.  a couple weeks back i had a dream that i was standing in the middle of an arena (and I could see myself in third person) completely surrounded by a ring of guys wearing the "strange armor" set and all wielding the huge two handed strange swords and they all screamed and charged at me at the same time.

I realized I had better do something other than play WB right before I went to bed.

agh you stole my old avatar!  good thing i changed it...

when you start asking the manager of the supermarket about local prices

when you ask a bartender if there is any work to be done for someone like you

when you thrust your fist into the air after fighting off a mugger

When you learn someone likes the girl you like and challenge him, to which you keep beating him with a stick.

When your parents give you a task to do and you accept the "quest."

You start riding a horse every where and attempt to charge into an oncoming truck.

The only one Ive really done is when I'm out on a walk,  without really realising im doing it I start analysing the terrain for strategic advantages.

when you ride through town with a horse until a police officer stops you; heres the conversation;

"um sir it is not legal to ride a horse here"

"you shalt not tellith me what to do knave!"

"um im just asking you to get off the horse"

"tis my steed sir and you shall not steal it from me"
(you charge off)
(cop speaks into his speaker thingy)
"HQ i need some backup, there is a man holding a stick, riding a horse, and speaking old-english evading the law"
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
(the cars are chasing him)
"**** you vile beasts of steel!
he continues to gallop across the city evading the police until he jumps into a garbage truck to escape, sadly then he gets crushed and makes the headlines as the "crazy crusader"

What Qwertyman said. Though again, I used to do that anyway. Keep in mind this and that, think about the old war tactics and how they could apply. Interesting stuff.

joshtong1234 said:

I was asking my friend whether he liked wearing veiled helmets and riding around on warhorses in deserts. He wasn't pleased :razz:

When you have to go and eat something everytime you pillage a caravan with roasted chicken, pork, or even some dry meat  :neutral:

samoht said:
screw it.  a couple weeks back i had a dream that i was standing in the middle of an arena (and I could see myself in third person) completely surrounded by a ring of guys wearing the "strange armor" set and all wielding the huge two handed strange swords and they all screamed and charged at me at the same time.

I realized I had better do something other than play WB right before I went to bed.

The setting was the second scene of "Inception" (where the cars are exploding and they dump the guy in the bath tub).  The cast was me, some of my low tier troops... and 2000 Rhodoks marching inexorably towards us (no exploding cars though)

Scenes:

They tried, I ordered them to hold the street, but our numbers were few, and our enemies too well trained. Eventually my Nord bretheren crumbled and fell, at first one at a time, but soon enough our ranks became shallow, and those southern rejects flanked us! I retreated to the house with Borcha just as my force was swallowed by the Rhodok monster.

Borcha braced the door.  A thundering thud shook the entire side of the house.  The door exploded inwards, killing Borcha outright (yeah Rhodoks don't have explosives, but this is MY dream).  I positioned myself against the wall with my sword pointed towards the door, ready to puncture the face of the first ugly Rhodok scum that came in.  I did just that, but as soon as he fell forward, two more nasty bastards took his place.

I screamed "I surrender, let me retreat!"

In a gruff voice came the reply: "Too late, you're not far enough away to hit TAB!"

THEN I WOKE UP

I was told this morning that while still half a sleep in bed, I shouted at my wife and warned her that there might be a battle we have to face.

Back
Top Bottom