You don't respawn in real life

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaro, the United States of America has the highest gun ownership in the world, unless that has changed.

In Canada, most people own no gun, or if they do, they use it for hunting, or live in the wilderness. Very few of the 70% of us that live in urban centres own guns for self-defence.

If you had agreed with me, we could have suggested that the Americans just aren't right in the head. Of course I don't really think that - I love Americans, specifically the hot 16-35 female type.

Most of them are decent. I notice from the family's travels that they have a strong code of hospitality, at least in the northwest.

Zaro said:
Illyrius said:
Seriously, his lawyer should be ashamed that he even defends him.

Suggesting a lawyer should feel shame is quite unreasonable. Lawyers aren't described as souless rodent scum without reason.

Well ...I guess so. But if there was a unique lawyer with a soul...
Bah, that would probably destroy the natural balance anyway.

CJ1145 said:
Yeah, almost every family I know has at least one high-powered rifle, and a handgun or two. Some also have swords and such, just for recreation.

Coincidentally, this is in Ohio...

Also, I have to admit I died a little inside when I saw all the ignorance spouted by a long-time member of the forum, let alone an admin

You talkin' bout Arch? It's not his fault his views differ from yours.

In other news, it's the parents fault for dying, tis what they get for not having their shields charged.

CJ1145 said:
Yeah, almost every family I know has at least one high-powered rifle, and a handgun or two. Some also have swords and such, just for recreation.

Coincidentally, this is in Ohio...

Also, I have to admit I died a little inside when I saw all the ignorance spouted by a long-time member of the forum, let alone an admin

I'm having trouble seeing any of this ignorance you speak of.  Perhaps you mean insensitivity?

Illyrius said:
Unique lawyers only appear as drops after big battles, anyway.  So natch, they are all in Iraq or Afghanistan right now, tromping around with Marine lords.

Illyrius said:
Zaro said:
Illyrius said:
Seriously, his lawyer should be ashamed that he even defends him.

Suggesting a lawyer should feel shame is quite unreasonable. Lawyers aren't described as souless rodent scum without reason.

I conducted prosecution against a guy defended by a soul posessing attorney once. He made the guy plead guilty and ruined all the fun...

I'm looking to become a Lawyer...When do I trade in my soul? And do I get something in return? Like immortality?

I'm looking to become a Lawyer

Most exquisite choice, sir. You won't regret.

When do I trade in my soul?

It varies from to state to state, but usually when called to the bar.

And do I get something in return? Like immortality?

Aimming high, aren't you? That little thing is reserved for the judges. In the beginning, you'll get money, men will fear you and women will fall to your knees....you know, the usual stuff.

If you are evil enough you could someday be a Supreme Court Judge and live to be one hundred and two years old without ever retiring but the Devil has so many souls right now the supply has gone way beyond the demand, the average man's soul these days ain't worth a dime, Satan might buy you a drink for your soul if he likes you but he won't make you a great musician or a magician anymore.

Lawyers do have their place, and some do have redeeming - even noble - qualities, but many are a complete waste of space, particularly the ambulance chasers and divorce lawyers. Of course, the same can be said of many occupations, but many lawyers are particularly useless. It's too bad that so many rotten apples in industries ruin that industry's reputation.

Zaro said:
It's too bad that so many rotten apples in industries ruin that industry's reputation.

"The other 90% of politicians give us 10% a bad name".
~Source Unremembered

There are always exceptions:

fracture_movie_image_rosamund_pike.jpg

Zaro:

The sad truth is that being a lawyer is, just like almost all jobs, a routine. If I get a case, it's most probably some minor crime, larceny or burglary, the guy was caught in the act, he admitted, case closed, and I am lucky if I get something like this. Sometimes something really, really boring like fraud, emebezzlement or tax evasion occurs and going through all those invoices is something the defendnat should be doing. That is a punishment.

Also, keep in mind, criminal prosecutors and some advisers fall under the category of 'Lawyer'. I'd hardly classify them as scum. I myself don't know yet what type I'll go for.

gamerwiz09 said:
Also, keep in mind, criminal prosecutors and some advisers fall under the category of 'Lawyer'. I'd hardly classify them as scum. I myself don't know yet what type I'll go for.

Yeah! We're the good guys!.....and the poor guys.  :lol:

Anyway: corporate and contract law = money, administrative law = insanity, criminal law = your neighbours stepping away as you approach

Jobs are usually quite mundane compared to how they're portrayed in the media, and by popular opinion. I know quite a few people who went to law school, and I'm not sure they even knew what it would be like. They just know lawyers are paid well, or their fathers are lawyers etc.

I shouldn't generalise about lawyers considering there are so many fields, and it's the worst of the lot that we usually hear about (e.g. divorce lawyers). It's just amazing how many low-lifes are in well-paid white collar occupations - law, politics, finance, insurance etc.

Yeah! We're the good guys!.....and the poor guys.

Not always the good guys though, as prosectutors occasionally have an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom