More player Clan Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Vaan2020

Regular
Hi Everyone i am Vaan and i am new here. Personally i can not wait for the 1.2 update. I am playing on my first campaign and i am at year 1171. I never fast forward the game cause i like it so much. I Conquerd the entire map Twice. Once as a Vlandian King and the second time i started A new kingdom and conquerd it again. I am now playing as my 3rd Character who is the grandson of my first character. I am getting ready to play with my 4th Character. All three characters were or are Kings. First there was King Seth, who was Elected after King Derthert Died. He died at the age of 60. Then there was his son King Harold who started a new Kingdom. Kingdom of Avalon. At age 75 he retired and gave the throne to his Son King Arthur who is now who i play as, he is 60 years now. But here is where the trouble starts i can not make more children as i hit the cap of 60 Clan members. So his Son the crown prince William can not have children with his wife.

There needs to be an option to select Families as a group and give them a Clan like you can do with Companions. So here a example. I have a Brother who has a wife and 4 kids. To make Room in your current Clan you can select a clan Leader, the Father and members his Wife and 4 kids. So you then have a extra clan for your Kingdom and more room in your current clan. Same with cousins and their Family. Cause there is no other way to get rid of the males in your Clan. And also there should be a option for getting rid of the dead Persons in your Clan. I do not know if they count as active Members. But this would certainly help to play the game longer. Ty for hearing me out.

Wow, I have not played enough to hit the 60 person cap yet on any playthrough. That seems like a disappointingly low number :cry:

I like your solution for it! Assuming the 60 person cap was set for a reason and should not be raised: I like the idea of being able to split off branches into new clans! (y)

This could make for some fun family drama if anything is ever added in the way of clans getting voted out of a kingdom, purposefully leaving on their own accord (secession? civil war?), voting for a new ruling clan/king/queen, etc. I noticed I can initiate a vote to kick out a clan from a kingdom, but the AI never seems to ever suggest such a thing.

In many mods for Warband I witnessed some "sadistic" lords hop from kingdom to kingdom like hot-potatoes, so I honestly do not miss that very much in Bannerlord. :facepalm: So silly... after breaking your oath so many times... what King or Queen would accept an oath from you? Sometimes it would seem appropriate to see the AI use an execution option instead of limiting it to the player...

By the way: was there any interesting drama when King Seth's son decided to start his own kingdom and break away from Vlandia? I'm curious about Avalon now :lol:

Wow, I have not played enough to hit the 60 person cap yet on any playthrough. That seems like a disappointingly low number :cry:

I like your solution for it! Assuming the 60 person cap was set for a reason and should not be raised: I like the idea of being able to split off branches into new clans! (y)

This could make for some fun family drama if anything is ever added in the way of clans getting voted out of a kingdom, purposefully leaving on their own accord (secession? civil war?), voting for a new ruling clan/king/queen, etc. I noticed I can initiate a vote to kick out a clan from a kingdom, but the AI never seems to ever suggest such a thing.

In many mods for Warband I witnessed some "sadistic" lords hop from kingdom to kingdom like hot-potatoes, so I honestly do not miss that very much in Bannerlord. :facepalm: So silly... after breaking your oath so many times... what King or Queen would accept an oath from you? Sometimes it would seem appropriate to see the AI use an execution option instead of limiting it to the player...

By the way: was there any interesting drama when King Seth's son decided to start his own kingdom and break away from Vlandia? I'm curious about Avalon now :lol:
Hi SudianX ty for liking the idea i suggested. There should be more diplomacy options added like you said.

When King Harold left Vlandia with al his Fiefs the Vlandian lords were furious. After i abdicated my position as a king i could use my influence a last time to choose my successor. I Chose a very young king from the dey fortes Clan. His name is Merteon and he has the trait of being softhearted. So that could be useful to have a soft king as a future Enemy. Also before i chose my successor, i raised some disturbance by expelling the biggest and best clan of their kingdom, the Dey Meroc, the former ruling Clan. Weakening their strength. When i left Vlandia i prepared to have all my parties ready and in my Army for war. Cause the moment i left i was in war with Vlandia. So yeah there been some drama hehe. Grtz Vaan.

Hah! Nice. I have not messed with the clan expelling options yet. Did the Dey Merocs form a new kingdom upon expulsion? Or perhaps join some other kingdom?

Hah! Nice. I have not messed with the clan expelling options yet. Did the Dey Merocs form a new kingdom upon expulsion? Or perhaps join some other kingdom?
They Joined the Aserai. Actually alot of the Vlandian Clans who were not happy with Merteon as their king, and were still friends with me joined other kingdoms. I think 7 or 8 Clans left Vlandia in the next coming weeks after i left and they took their fiefs with them. So suddenly the aserai, the Sturgians and the Battanians Profited from my actions. They went from 0 Fiefs to between the 2 - 6 fiefs. So its certain that my actions shook the world lol. I think before i left Vlandia had around 30 Clans all different cultures they all had fiefs to keep them happy. Grtz Vaan.

I don't know what you are talking about. Didn't know there was a problem getting rid of the men in your clan. Never had that problem as...

All my clan members were women. And also all clan leaders were (admittedly, they had couple of male vassals whom I had not edited). Yeah my character was an Aserai sultan with an enormous harem. Can't recall exactly any more, but I'm surprised if he had less than 60 kids: there were soooo many! Some of the kids were with foreign kingdoms' ladies, I'm pretty sure they stayed in their clans. But I can't remember if all of his own kingdom's kids were part of his clan or if they belonged to their moms' clans. The first kids had just come to the age of military service when he conquered last of the other kingdoms, that's why I can't remember which clans the kids belonged into (edit: wait, now I definitely remember some of the kids became adults in their moms' clans). And then I lost my will to play any more when no more opposing forces.
How many clans there was in the kingdom? Never counted, but almost all clans had one town and varying number of castles. The number of towns plus about 2 or 3 is pretty close to the number of clans his kingdom had.

That's one way to play Bannerlord. And as long as them mods work, that will be my way in the next game too. I just had no interest nor time running after them foreign lords and trying to recruit them. Married a few foreign kingdom ladies, that was pretty easy and fast. Mostly I just recruited common barmaids and town/village women, and at some point gave them fiefs. Also that's why none of the towns in my sultan's kingdom ever rebelled: always recruited a woman from that culture to govern the town.

So... in this story there was one solution if you noticed: edit a few characters, make them males females.

Last edited:
I am playing on Ps4/Ps5. So i do not have the luxury to play with mods. Actually i am pretty Happy to play the game as it is, in its Vanilla version. Grtz Vaan.

Back
Top Bottom