War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Wellenbrecher said:
I'm mostly mad because I actually know when to use You're and Your. :razz:
You're and your will trip me up for the rest of my life.
Also, War thunder has taken the liberty of unlocking all the Italian bombers for me.  :???:

So, I've been back to the Ground Forces events, this time with "old video card support" enabled, and my opinions have really changed. Once you have a decent framerate the game runs very smoothly (imo), the tanks handle very nicely (it's not like WoT, where I feel like I'm forcibly shoving a tank in the direction I want to it go in, rather than driving it), the sound seems okay, and the gameplay...is actually quite nice. It's a breath of fresh air compared to WoT. Granted, I feel like I'm rolling the proverbial dice whenever I take a shot, but seeing the damage panel light up like a Christmas tree when I damage a bunch of an enemy's components is very gratifying. I think I can get to like this.

Try the FRB version. Handles the same, maps are the same and with the limited view and no markers it becomes a really intense experience.
Unfortunately too few Russians are playing FRB tanks, so Germans have to wait ages to get a round, even though the Russian tanks have all the advantages on their side as usual.

Now that it's finally worth my time to research planes, I've been going up the Japanese tree. pretty fun, especially in historic or whatever there calling it now. Imagining the looks on those yakk9T and ****cobra's faces when I get behind them, revenge is sweet.

Playing RB in my BF-109 E3, BnZing like a boss.

Forget to raise flaps before bouncing, no more flaps, explode two enemies (IL-2 and something else).

Go to rtb for ammo/damage....flip plane, get a crash/death credit.  :sad:

Three weeks, the nations have finally rotated away from USSR vs Germany and Germany vs USSR. \o/
Gaijin truly knows how to please their customers. They cut down the aforementioned combination's rotation time from over 60 days and then more than 36 days to a mere fourteen!
Now we can watch in peace how after a week of US/Brits vs Japs we get USSR vs Germany again. Or maybe they start with Germany vs. USSR, who knows. Ooooh, so many possibilities. :eek:

I would pay them $5 a month to not be forced to play against or with the Russian planeset and the P39s.  :lol:

Russia can be Str0nk but please don't make me try to swallow that bull****.

Well now you have the chance to either die to the new Spitfires with their unfinished complete and utter BS FMs and DMs or to US teams where 14 out of 16 people are flying B25s or B17s :lol:
It isn't exactly that much better with how ****ed the game is in many aspects, but I guess I will get to fly my Brits again at least.
The US is just as bad the Russians for most matchups, for other reasons obviously, but still.

Now, a purely UK vs Jap match-up. That'd be a sight to see.

And lastly:
No, I will not fly the broken new Spits. No reason to try to start and argument about that Avernpbbblp.

Yeah, years of Battleground Europe have taught me that Allied planes are UFOs, the LW flew some sort of lawnmowers and that .50 cals are laser beams that explode anything they touch.

WT is merely the Russian Str0nk Plus edition of that setup.  :lol:

On the plus side it leaves a lot of really, really **** Allied pilots to club like seals.

Goining to grind US for a bit just to get to the P38, it is broken again and I want to see how badly.  :lol:

Arvenski said:
So, I've been back to the Ground Forces events, this time with "old video card support" enabled, and my opinions have really changed.
You got me to try this out on my aging PC and woah, is it awesome.  :shock: Graphics now look like IL-2, but my FPS is crazy high. And perhaps coincidentally, I've just had several extremely good battles with the setup as well.

.50 Cals are disgusting, I am exploding EA with single bursts even more frequently than with 20mm cannons.  :evil:

It's literally "See EA below me, roll and gently split S, hold fire until 400m, fire lasers...BOOM"

Back
Top Bottom