War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

The Bowman said:
I still think that they have to add mouse control in FRB for planes. Sticking the mode to the joystick effectively scares the players away. I know the "mouse joystick" thing, and it's ****ty and hard to set up. I'd rather go for an AB match than play with all the settings and test flights to see whether it works or not.
The **** are you talking about?

a)The whole idea of FRB is to give you a mode that's actually a sim.
b)There is the option to use a mouse joystick.
c)Most joysticks are plug&play, with hardly more required fiddling than a proper mouse/keyboard setup needs.

I played some FRB matches in fighters with mouse-joystick. It's not impossible to dogfight with that. It's just that I am a rather bad fighter pilot...
Flying the Swordfish in FRB is pure joy, though. And not OP at all with that single 30cal MG gunner, even when mouse-aimed.

Wellenbrecher said:
The Bowman said:
I still think that they have to add mouse control in FRB for planes. Sticking the mode to the joystick effectively scares the players away. I know the "mouse joystick" thing, and it's ****ty and hard to set up. I'd rather go for an AB match than play with all the settings and test flights to see whether it works or not.
The **** are you talking about?

a)The whole idea of FRB is to give you a mode that's actually a sim.
b)There is the option to use a mouse joystick.
c)Most joysticks are plug&play, with hardly more required fiddling than a proper mouse/keyboard setup needs.

The problem is that most of the players don't own a joystick. That's why the population is small there. It wouldn't make it less of a sim, because you're still in the cockpit and the aerodynamics are realistic.

There's the option to use the mouse as a joystick.
Like I wrote in the post you posted.

And the population is small
because the "proper" sim community (rightfully) shuns the game for being a **** sim
because it takes longer to see stuff happen than Arcade or Arcade+
because it's hard(er) and you have to learn how to do stuff.

Just got into the CBT through PC Gamer, shocking because it was a pain in the ass and took almost 10 minutes to get the damn key.

www.pcgamesn.com/we-have-2000-war-thunder-keys-and-theres-only-eight-us-want-one

www.vg247.com/2014/04/24/war-thunder-ground-forces-3000-closed-beta-key-giveaway-is-go/

Got in! Party! Yaaay! :grin:

Magic links:
Sir Prince said:
Just got into the CBT through PC Gamer, shocking because it was a pain in the ass and took almost 10 minutes to get the damn key.

www.pcgamesn.com/we-have-2000-war-thunder-keys-and-theres-only-eight-us-want-one

www.vg247.com/2014/04/24/war-thunder-ground-forces-3000-closed-beta-key-giveaway-is-go/

I finally got in just a couple minutes ago, even though that was after nearly an hour of experimentation and wondering if the key worked or not.

Best news I've read all day:
Redeem Code said:
War Thunder - Access Tanks CBT

**** yeah.

On the other hand, it means another miserable download, even though my computer was running all night last night to download 1.39.

You don't need to download the other launcher, if that's what you fear.
You can just use the regular one and do the tanks during the two four hours sessions each day from the event tab.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not going to download the other launcher. I don't have time for that, and it isn't worth it. But to even access these events, the game has to download another 0.6 GB. That's what's downloading now.

I'm not worried about it; I'm just sick of running (and waiting for) downloads.

edit: And I'm also going to have to take a nerfbat to by settings, if I want to be able to play tanks with a usable FPS.

My observations from the first tank match I played:
1.) MM is nonexistent. I was in a reserve tank, and one of the tanks that spawned ahead of me was an IS-1.
2.) The rubberbanding is bad.
3.) The physics are really screwy. I was sliding around like an ice skater out there. Combine that with the rubberbanding, and moving around is pretty frustrating.
4.) Oh, and then the time ran out before I could play another. I thought I had all evening. I must've mis-converted the time that they gave. **** me. :???:

Arvenski said:
I'm not worried about it; I'm just sick of running (and waiting for) downloads.

edit: And I'm also going to have to take a nerfbat to by settings, if I want to be able to play tanks with a usable FPS.

I hope you like flying with your plane over Karelia, if you know what I mean. :razz:

*trees* *cough*

Arvenski said:
4.) Oh, and then the time ran out before I could play another. I thought I had all evening. I must've mis-converted the time that they gave. **** me. :???:
There will be another set of four hours starting either one or two hours from now.

Screw my laptop. Even with settings turned way down, my framerate on the ground stubbornly refuses to go much higher than 10 FPS. That isn't too bad during a test drive, but in a battle on a map like that damned Jungle map, it's bad. Combine the horrid rubberbanding with those low FPS numbers and the screwy physics, and I can't do much more than drive around and try to find something to take a potshot at before I die. There's no way I can focus on learning the game when my performance (and the CBT's performance) is this bad. This is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom