US Threatens Britain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
They're section numbers. Back in WW1 the MI Directorate split into various sections, for example MI1 was cryptography. Technically they're no longer supposed to be called by the MI numbers these days.

Quite. It's Secret Intelligence Service nowadays, god knows why.
Archonsod said:
Justiciar said:
No, but torture is defined as a war crime and a breach of human rights, and they are bound under both the Geneva Conventions and the UN Bill of Human Rights (and quite probably their own domestic law) to divulge such information to the UN.

I have heard some Americans claim that they're not breaking any laws, 'cause they're 'terrorists' (even though most are never charged with anything), they hate america, and they kick puppies. (Ok, so I made that last part up, but it's still wrong)

Nethros said:
Isn't that up to the individual state?
Nope, the constitution explicitly protects them from "cruel and unusual punishment".

Astor said:
I have heard some Americans claim that they're not breaking any laws, 'cause they're 'terrorists' (even though most are never charged with anything), they hate america, and they kick puppies. (Ok, so I made that last part up, but it's still wrong)
Yeah, but then nobody ever accused them of being smart :wink:

What the Americans claim is irrelevant in this situation. As it's the British court involved it's our own laws which would apply.

Archonsod said:
Nope, the constitution explicitly protects them from "cruel and unusual punishment".

http://www.videosift.com/video/Antonin-Scalia-Torture-Is-Not-Cruel-and-Unusual-Punishment

Ah, Justice Scalia and his neverending stream of politically incorrect opinions :smile: Some of my colleagues tried to prove him wrong while not subscribing to the theory of a Living Constitution. Let's see what the Taleworlds come up with.

Gculk said:
Eyyy, hey, Brits, the Canadians have your back!  We'll flank em from the North!
We'll take a boat to Washington and BURN IT TO THE GROUND!
canada-americas-hat-tshirt-1.jpg

LICE!

American Intelligence? That exists in the first place?

Sorry for that one.

The investigation should continue, there's not enough being investigated regarding guantanamo bay.

Jesus Christ, it was Raz all along, what did they do to you?  :sad:

New developments, the two senior judges involved, the Liberal Democrats and human rights groups are getting pissy.

The judges said that "Given the documents source and detail, they would... amount to powerful evidence". And that none of the contents at issue could possibly be described as sensitive US intelligence.
"Moreover, in the light of the long history of the common law and democracy which we share with the United States, it was, in our view, very difficult to conceive that a democratically elected and accountable government could possibly have any rational objection to placing into the public domain such a summary of what it's own official reported as to how a detainee was treated by them and which made no disclosure of sensitive intelligence matters."

Nick Clegg, Leader of the Lib Dems agreed that the details of Mr. Mohamed's arrest should not be released as that would be sensitive intelligence, whether or not he was tortured or not could not be classed as important to national security.

Clive Stafford Smith, director of Reprieve, the legal charity and human rights group said "The US is under legal duty to investigate the crime of torture, not to suppress evidence that it happened... For the Foreign Secretary to give in to these illegal demands by the Bush administration is capitulation to blackmail, pure and simple."

I personally don't get why people hate America so much....sure we've been world police which isn't a good thing but why SOOO much negative **** about us. It seems like you assume things are much more extreme than they really are and you interpret them in the worst possible way. then talk to others and it just becomes a vicious cycle of hate. I am not saying i support our government 100% but i don't think we are all that bad, i mean.....come on people use your heads? i mean the bull**** things like 9/11 was an inside job, are you all ****ing retarded?

EmoGrass said:
i mean the bull**** things like 9/11 was an inside job, are you all ****ing retarded?
The internet would seem to suggest that it's an American majority who think that :???:

EmoGrass said:
I personally don't get why people hate America so much....sure we've been world police which isn't a good thing but why SOOO much negative **** about us. It seems like you assume things are much more extreme than they really are and you interpret them in the worst possible way. then talk to others and it just becomes a vicious cycle of hate. I am not saying i support our government 100% but i don't think we are all that bad, i mean.....come on people use your heads? i mean the bull**** things like 9/11 was an inside job, are you all ****ing retarded?

What are you talking about... In this thread there's negative feelings towards the US because they've done something negative, I.E. trying to interfere in our courts and covering up illegal activities.

EmoGrass said:
well it shows how ****ing stupid people are
It's not retarded, it's very much possible, and it's very disgusting how they fabricate 'justified' reasons to go to war.

Hitler did it. What makes you think Bush couldn't have?

well its just a general statement. i feel people give america more hell than we deserve. i know weve done some bad things and i dont agree with half the things america does, but lighten up? people seem to believe everything people say about america whether is true or not, the only reason being is because is ABOUT AMERICA, i meen bush shouldn't have gone into iraq, but people giving him hell because we went into afganistan? wtf is with that. were were bombed you stupid ****s, what would you have done? sit their and wait for it to happen again. if it were britain that were attacked, you wouldn't sit their....i know they woudln't be attacked but its just an example, we were put in a bad situation with a bad leader. But he was trying to protect our county, no leader would have thousands killed in terrorist attack and just do nothing. i dont care what you say but no leader would do that

and bush wouldn't do it.....i know hes not the greatest but he simply wouldn't.....noone would

EmoGrass said:
well its just a general statement. i feel people give america more hell than we deserve. i know weve done some bad things and i dont agree with half the things america does, but lighten up? people seem to believe everything people say about america whether is true or not, the only reason being is because is ABOUT AMERICA, i meen bush shouldn't have gone into iraq, but people giving him hell because we went into afganistan? wtf is with that. were were bombed you stupid ****s, what would you have done? sit their and wait for it to happen again.

But you can't fight Terrorism with conventional warfare, which we learnt the hard way.
And "lighten up" isn't really a real thing to say about foreign policy...

EmoGrass said:
were were bombed you stupid ****s, what would you have done? sit their and wait for it to happen again.

Forgive me, I must have missed the formal declaration of war on the USA by the people of Afghanistan.

i suppose your right.....but i still think people are giving america a harder time than we deserve. not all of us are bad you know :smile: and it seems like all americans are treated like we think the same as bush and are happy were doing what we are

eh well still.....like i said we made some mistakes, but it isn't what we did, its how we went about doing it....and if your implying we shouldn't have gone into afganistan...well im sorry but can you honestly say you wouldn't have if you were in bushes place? i know many other people would have done a much better job, but if you say we shouldn't have gone in all together, i think that type of thinking is completely wrong

Back
Top Bottom