The Battle for Tihr RP Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

So is that a yes that I can join? If so, here's my new character bio.

Name: Jacob Williams
Mount: Warhorse
Armor: Byrnie, Leather Mittens, Leather Boots, and a Nordic Helm
Weapons: Warbow, a bag of 50 Bodkin Arrows, a Shield, Bastard Sword
Description: Medium height, slightly built, fast and agile, was made a squire at the age of 12 and has been a professional sword fighter and dueler since the age of 22
Party: He travels with 10 Vaegir marksmen, 10 rhodok sharpshooters, 15 Nordic Huscarls, and 25 Swadian Knights.

Backstory: Jacob was born from a rhodok farmer and his wife, him and his family lived in peace until Jacob was 10. A small vaegir warband raided his family's home while he was away visiting an aunt in mechin. When his aunt brought him home, he discovered his family dead, house burned down to the ground, and the land around his home was destroyed. He swore vengence on the vaegirs for that act, and ever since has started a warband of men to someday help him end the life of the lord that burned his home to the ground. Lord Nelag.

I've got two problems, and just cause its Christmas, it doesnt mean I wont tell ya!

1. Have you ever tried notching and loosing a bow in gauntlets? Its impossible, not to mention the mail damages the bowstring and fletching.

2. No backstory to your character.

I'm afraid Kalnia is right.  Not that I care one way or the other, but if we are going for practicality, a cross-bow would be of better use to you and even then, think about how hard it would be to grip a bolt and install it into the grove of the crossbow.  Not to mention pulling the bow string.  Same with a long bow I'm afraid.  That arrow would fly as straight as a foam swimming noodle. :wink:

Sorry guys.  I had to "work" unexpectedly, so I didn't get a chance to finish what I wanted.  I was going to release a new chapter of CT and a new post here.  Oh well.  That stuff will be out soon.  Have a great holiday!

BTW. I'm leaving tomorrow for an extended visit with distance relatives.

I'm shan't be posting for a week, but don't let that dissuade you'all form posting. I'll probably get internet access sporadicly during that time so i'll post when i can..

It was family stuff that we do every year.  We went and caroled and fed the homeless. It's been a family tradition for a while now, but I didn't think we were doing it this year.  The higher powers of our family conviened and we ended up going after all.

Oh well at least you helped some people with it. ^^

Edit: @Mustang: Wow I just read that Therian killed Harlaus back in the day. I didn't realise your issue with the Swadians was of such size. I think I understand why Therian and Luger won't exactly be friends now.

well... his relationship with swadia is... complicated. as you shall (Have) read, he is Swadian, but a ton of complicated back-story happens with entwines the fate of quite a few nations. :mrgreen:

Edit: Happy NEW YEAR!

Back
Top Bottom